IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Did Brahmins really try to kill ayurveda?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone looked at what wikipedia is saying about the history of ayurveda? it's said under the ayurveda entry that Brahmins tried to remain in power by suppressing medicine in the form of ayurveda and creating superstitious rituals around it, as well as naming diseases after gods.

I would have thought that this entry would have been protested, or labelled as controversial, as there are many such entries in wikipedia, but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

I noticed many of the references comes from USA (Wisconsin). I wonder if they have proper authority to say such things.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It is useless to worry on what some Westerners (Yes, even secular Hindus from West are Westerners) say about India's heritage.

I noticed many of the references comes from USA (Wisconsin). I wonder if they have proper authority to say such things.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It is useless to worry on what some Westerners (Yes, even secular Hindus from West are Westerners) say about India's heritage.

We must not judge a person's opinion from the geographical region s/he chances to post from. Truth has no regional affiliation.

Wikipedia, as has been pointed out, is a free-access site where anyone may contribute.

If you wish to correct an inaccuracy or clarify an issue in one of Wiki's articles I'm sure the administrators would be most appreciative.

We must not judge a person's opinion from the geographical region s/he chances to post from. Truth has no regional affiliation.

Wikipedia, as has been pointed out, is a free-access site where anyone may contribute.

If you wish to correct an inaccuracy or clarify an issue in one of Wiki's articles I'm sure the administrators would be most appreciative.

Spiritualism has a branch in Science also and one of the branches of Science is Biology. According to Biology, Man are NOT born as equals. :rolleyes:

So, when God gave Man religion, He remembers that it was He who spread the people across the globe, gave religions according to the places where they had settled down and told them to search out and relearn about one another (which India failed to do for the past 50 years by locking itself away from other Asian neighhbours and rely solely on Westerners).

So, truth (in Religion) IS based on Regional Affiliation. :cool: