IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

BG 4.05 and 4.06

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy! (4.05)

Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form. (4.06)

==========================

Why lord compares His number of births as of Arjuna.

YS ddi

ddi said

The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy! (4.05)

Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form. (4.06)

==========================

Dear ddi,

In this two verses (BG 4.5-6) Sri Krishna points on some aspects:

• of the soul
  • of the Supreme Soul.
<O:p

First (BG 4.5) Sri Krishna delineates similarities of the Soul and The Supreme Soul:

- both the soul and the Supreme Soul come into this world. This is a very important information.

- Their appearance in the world happens repeatedly but not in the same way.

And than he points out one first difference regarding the appearance of the soul and the Supreme Soul in this world:

- the soul is in illusion, under the spell of illusory energy, and she is afflicted by forgetfulness.

- the Supreme Soul is not under the grip of the illusory energy, He knows everything at all times.

In the second verse BG 4.6 Sri Krishna wants to delineate another huge difference

- He is never born and as such

- His body is always transcendental, when He comes in this world

- He doesn’t say the same about the body of his eternal devotee Arjuna the same

(when His devotees come into this world they don't have a transcendental body – if anybody has any shastric evidence for the contrary is pleased to post it).

PS

In the BG 4.6 there is no word that could be translated as millennium. This might come only in a related commentary, not in the translation.

Arjuna had participated in many past incarnations of the Lord. Lord Krishna being beyond illusion was aware of all of them, but Arjuna, being a conditioned soul, was not aware of them. This highlights the difference between jiva and Bhagavan.