IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Anyone tried LSD?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

on that spiritual quest thumbing a ride to the Height all those many years ago, I had a gut feeling I should have jumped on board Vishnujana's tour bus, instead of with Ken and those merry pranksters...oh well.

ng dasa.

I must confess, I am only joking about this little story about thumbing a ride to the Haight Ashbury. Just jesting with ghari and Vanguard.

But in all seriousness, I decided to share a little about my shadow past on this thread, in the hopes of enlightening someone like the young guest who started this thread, about the karmic reactions that can eventuate due to drug use. Please forgive my foolishness.

ng dasa

Hare Krsna,

I would like to say that LSD is not a intoxicant but in fact the most powerful psychotropic drug known to man. It is not to

be messed with as it can open subconscious areas of the brain which are or have been buried deeply away so that we can get on

with life in our present incarnation. What is possible with ingestion of entheogenic drugs, such as certain mushroom and LSD

which is a kind of mushroom, is that if a person is able to face up to who they are and why they have become separated from the

full awareness of their true spiritual identity, they can perceive much about themselves. An intoxicant is a substance that will cover

up our painful past at least for a moment and enhance our ability to enjoy separately from our long term spiritual nature. Entheogenics

on the other hand take away the veil and allow us to tune into our spiritual self naked of misidentification with the body we are in.

That can be a nightmare for some people and a heaven for others. One thing is sure, what ever frame of mind we induce during our

sojourn that will determine our future life, and the eternal vibrational principle open to us at any moment is the flow of pure reality.

Chanting the holy names of God is the prescribed way to contact that eternal reality as the vibration of the name is the eternal reality

LSD will make you mad if you can not handle that vibration in full tecnicolour. It may also destroy your material aspirations and lead to

a life where you feel no one can understand you, like a fish out of water. Such medicine is to be treated with great respect and ingested

under strict guidance if we are not to fall prey of mental imbalance. The most important principle of communing with the spiritual realm

through entheogenics is that one must have prepared ones self, that is to be in a state of grace, if that is missing then there is no ability

to benefit, enthoens are nothing new they have been consumed by people of all races and cultures since so long. What is important to note

is that it was usually the priestly class, those officiating on behalf of the community that took the medicine, ie shamans and chiefs.

spiritual