IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is Krishna real or a myth?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pardon me for asking a question like this.But someone must clarify this on this matter as to take away any doubts and confusion. I have read an articles on Krishna conciousness and found out that Krishna had left for Vrindavan from Dwarka. But others simply say He was just a mere human being like us who had also vanished under the sea together with the people of Dwarka!Others quoted he might have died due to old age just like any other human being.There are also other possible occurence might have taken place, like, krishna is not an immortal man and the people might have practiced sodomy which had contributed to the downfall of Dwarka.Please forgive me to ask questions like this. But someone out there who are qualified kindly shed some clarifications here.Thank you.

The final source of information on the Leelas and Truth of Krsna can be found in the Srimad Bhagvatham. Anything could have happened to anyone around Him - all we have is this poetic story of the cowherd boy. So many events must have happened that are not in the SB. So there's little point in speculation, since we only have that source of information.

Reality or myth, let me tell you something - the ultimate message is one of Love. Once you have this Love, all doubt is cleared, rest assured.

Guest guest

"Reality or myth, let me tell you something - the ultimate message is one of Love. Once you have this Love, all doubt is cleared, rest assured"

Love of what? And also ... what is the source of this love?

Krishna is the almighty God and it is up to your believe...

No one can make you believe. you are the only one to do it!

And you should believe lord Krishna as our God.And it is real!!!

Guest guest

All Vaishnavas as well as many Hindu believe he's an incarnation of God. But Indians have been utterly useless at keeping historical records and now they are paying the price for it. We do not know much about the historical Krishna because he lived a very long time ago, but we do know that his capital Dwarka which is now submerged off the coast of Gujarat did exist at one time.

Important questions but maybe, just maybe, you are getting a little ahead of yourself. First how convinced are you that there is one God from whom all has as originated, one supreme controller etc.?

That one God is living everywhere which must include our hearts as well. From Him only answers to your honest questions will come. It is natural to ask others for these answers as we grope for answers but ultimately the Lord is Self-revealing and the only one who can clear your doubts.

One source of doubts come by hearing contradictory statements from many different sources. We naturally become confused this way.

First we become convinced of God then the question of if Krsna is God or not becomes more relevant.

I could tell you my beliefs and what I think you should believe also and the same for the many others who will answer you here but then we are just other voices of the many in the world saying many different things. We must learn to hear His voice only on these matters. He may speak to us from anywhere and anything and anyone but it's His voice we must hear in scripture, His voice we must hear in guru etc.

I would suggest don't worry too much about the Lord's lila's until we we first get in touch with the Supreme Being personally within ourselves. After that, when we learn to seek answers only from Him and not from our mundane minds or the mundane minds of others will we be free from doubts.

TRANSLATION Gita 6.39

This is my doubt, O Krsna, and I ask You to dispel it completely. But for You, no one is to be found who can destroy this doubt.

Pardon me for asking a question like this.But someone must clarify this on this matter as to take away any doubts and confusion. I have read an articles on Krishna conciousness and found out that Krishna had left for Vrindavan from Dwarka. But others simply say He was just a mere human being like us who had also vanished under the sea together with the people of Dwarka!Others quoted he might have died due to old age just like any other human being.There are also other possible occurence might have taken place, like, krishna is not an immortal man and the people might have practiced sodomy which had contributed to the downfall of Dwarka.Please forgive me to ask questions like this. But someone out there who are qualified kindly shed some clarifications here.Thank you.

Krishna spoke Bhagavad-gita.. 5000 years ago. ( Bhagavad-gita-as-it-is) Before even, Islam and Christianity. This Scripture is the oldest, and it is recorded as being so (when compared with Qu'ran, Bible). So it's very bona-fide. And Bhagavad-gita, has more knowledge (because it describes the personal aspect of God). So Krishna says this. Please read it.:idea:

Guest guest

Important questions but maybe, just maybe, you are getting a little ahead of yourself. First how convinced are you that there is one God from whom all has as originated, one supreme controller etc.?

That one God is living everywhere which must include our hearts as well. From Him only answers to your honest questions will come. It is natural to ask others for these answers as we grope for answers but ultimately the Lord is Self-revealing and the only one who can clear your doubts.

One source of doubts come by hearing contradictory statements from many different sources. We naturally become confused this way.

First we become convinced of God then the question of if Krsna is God or not becomes more relevant.

I could tell you my beliefs and what I think you should believe also and the same for the many others who will answer you here but then we are just other voices of the many in the world saying many different things. We must learn to hear His voice only on these matters. He may speak to us from anywhere and anything and anyone but it's His voice we must hear in scripture, His voice we must hear in guru etc.

I would suggest don't worry too much about the Lord's lila's until we we first get in touch with the Supreme Being personally within ourselves. After that, when we learn to seek answers only from Him and not from our mundane minds or the mundane minds of others will we be free from doubts.

TRANSLATION Gita 6.39

This is my doubt, O Krsna, and I ask You to dispel it completely. But for You, no one is to be found who can destroy this doubt.

Have you done this theist? Have you managed to contact God in your Self? Few have, and the process can be long and arduous for many people. How does one persevere through this? How does one trust the voice inside? How does one know it is authentic, and that of God, when it could be simply a product of some delusional state?

People attempt the search for God in different ways. To identify the presence of a God, and then to seek Him out or to seek Him out and then identify as God. You're advising the latter, but without the former, I would contend that bhakti is not possible. Bhakti only becomes possible once you are convinced of God's presence, of His identity, then you have devotion for Him in mind, body and soul. Until then, you can only speculate, and struggle in your attempts to contact Him. It's like you going out in search for the Loch Ness monster. You don't know it exists, but you are going out there to look for the monster, because you've heard stories of it, and thus you hope to find it someday, stumbling through this world in search for it. Same kind of thing, really.

I'm not saying God is illusory, or the concept of God is false, but I am saying your methodology is similar to that of the people looking for the Loch Ness monster.

As for the Bhagavad-Gita, reading it is fine, but has it ever given anyone the revelation of the Self, simply by reading it? Has it helped truly reveal Krsna to people (and I'm not talking metaphorically, I'm talking experientially)? If so, who? If not, why not? Why would reading it be so important for someone who's searching for God? It's a book, so what can it possibly do except inform you of God's nature? It doesn't calm you down, doesn't show you the Self, it gives you a target to acquire, clarifies ITS conception of a God. But how do you know that conception of God is real? It's simply a book, after all. To tell someone to read the Gita and all doubts will be removed is simply not true. Reading the Gita might help in clarifying the conception of God we are looking for, but it doesn't REVEAL Him, and that is what we are all searching for isn't it?

Have you done this theist? Have you managed to contact God in your Self? Few have, and the process can be long and arduous for many people. How does one persevere through this? How does one trust the voice inside? How does one know it is authentic, and that of God, when it could be simply a product of some delusional state?

This is the process. And one I am more or less engaged in this process between being caught totally in maya's grip. I claim nothing more. But this is the only solution. We have forgotten God and we require God to remind us of Himself and reveal details of Himself. The rest is mental plane activity only.

How to know when we hear the voice of God and that it is authentic? When the sun rises in the morning is there any doubt? No. Why? Because the sun is required to reveal the sun and is perfectly competent to do so. The Lord is required to reveal Himself and take us beyond the realm of doubts and is competent to do so.

What you described above is what we have to work through. Are you thinking it is easy like putting coins in a machine pushing a button and out comes a can of soda pop?

People attempt the search for God in different ways. To identify the presence of a God, and then to seek Him out or to seek Him out and then identify as God. You're advising the latter, but without the former, I would contend that bhakti is not possible. Bhakti only becomes possible once you are convinced of God's presence, of His identity, then you have devotion for Him in mind, body and soul. Until then, you can only speculate, and struggle in your attempts to contact Him. It's like you going out in search for the Loch Ness monster. You don't know it exists, but you are going out there to look for the monster, because you've heard stories of it, and thus you hope to find it someday, stumbling through this world in search for it. Same kind of thing, really.

"Bhakti only becomes possible once you are convinced of God's presence, of His identity, then you have devotion for Him in mind, body and soul."

Which is my point which you somehow understood. First thing is to become convinced of God's presence. That is what I am saying. Thank you for restating it so clearly.

TRANSLATION Gita 6.39

<!-- / message -->We will know the Gita by following the example of Arjuna.<!-- sig -->

Guest Guest

He is lord, he is real. We can feel there existence near us only just by closing there eyes. He is the whom i can explain what he is or what he was.