Guest guest

Some people say one has to recite it

1)loudly

2)100 times for 100 days from 4 am

to see Lord Hanuman.

Is it still possible

1) If one recites it mentally while doing other activities

2) Any time of the day as long as it hits 100

I don't want answers like "no harm in trying" etc. Learned members, please answer. Others can browse less important forums. Thanks in advance.

A time ago. Loudly, I doubt you could remember the words doing it mentally. Even though I was practiced to chant it from the age of 10, when I do it now. I seem to have forgotten the words. I have to tell you one thing, the Hanuman-Chalisa [books] is big business so many are translated into English by Mayavadis, and Impersonalists. Such as kali-worshipper Ramakrishna, Aurobindo etc.

The Ramanada Sampradaya [devotees like Morari-bapu] who are stout devotees of Lord Ramachandra are pure devotees, in my most humble opinion. I have to admit one fact, I heard a devotee from the same sampradaya once praise Ramakrishna saying he was a devotee. Maybe it is because there are many of his disicples in the crowd. Suffice to say Vaishnavas know how to preach, and without saying it many probably would have walked out. Would Prahhupada do this? I leave you to answer yourself..

Guest guest

it took me just three days to memorize the whole thing even without knowing the language, and I can recite it from start to finish quite easily. Seems like Hanumanji has blessed me with memory instead of mukti!

Guest guest

I thought Hanumanji was an ocean of mercy and that I could get away with being a little lax. But is there any devotional site (by Vaishnavas, not mayavaadis or others) which describes in detail the procedure for chanting the chalisa? There are too many conflicting ideas thrown around by every Tom, Dick and Harry.

I'd appreciate if you can provide a reliable link outlining the sadhana itself rather than the mere presentation of the chalisa, which I already know quite thoroughly.

But it's not working. The main rules you know already, 4 regulative principle just as they do in Iskcon. That's universal, if you want to do austerity. Then you just chant Hanuman Chalisa. Main thing is to keep pure.

Also it will help you if you goto bona-fide Lord Ramachandra temple:)

Is it still possible

1) If one recites it mentally while doing other activities

2) Any time of the day as long as it hits 100

I have no evidence to offer, but my opinion from watching and hearing from sadhus is that it won't work that way.

According to our absorbtion the effects manifest. While still absorbing our thoughts in the mundane world it will be very difficult to become absorbed in spiritual meditation.

The general rules for mantra sadhana require one to first observe preliminary things such as yama, niyama, asana, etc. Walking and chanting mantras is as far as I can tell a recent practice mostly found in ISKCON. Since ISKCON devotees chant Krishna's name, there are no rules against it, but still the effect they receive will be less than if they absorbed their concentration in their chanting while being in a fixed solitary place.

Guest guest

why it is necessary to keep our minds absorbed in chanting. But i have other doubts.

1) Is it 100 times for 108 days?

2) Is it ok to start at 4.30am some days and 4.15am on others, or must it always be 4am?

3) Take bath before starting chanting?

4) On empty stomach?

5) Other rules such as what to watch, hear or do the rest of the day. Normally, I hear and read scriptures at least for a couple of hours. Can I continue this or must I add anything to it?

Thanks in advance.