IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Chanting 100 a day ok?

Rate this topic

I read in one post that one should chant Hare Krishna with beads 13 times thru.. That would be 1300 chants.. Is that absolutly required.. I think I can get in 200 at the most and that would be pushing it.. Maybe 300 if I do in morning, noon and night.

Great you're going to try the chanting - it's the best yoga practice there is!

To start - do not worry about chanting 16 rounds - chant 2 rounds each day on your beads - one in the morning when you get up and one at night before sleep.

Each round will take from 8-12 minutes - depending on your speed - it's not a race so take your time and Hear the Names as you chant them.

Do this each day - without fail - no matter how you feel - if you feel down - all the more reason to get your beads out and - chant another round.

But at first - only promise two rounds a day - that's easy enough.

Do you have beads?

There are a 108 beads on the strand - you can make one if you have to - so one round - is the full mahamantra chanted 108 times - do this twice a day - you'll see the difference in your spirit...

But pleae take it from me - do not fail to do what you promise - in terms of the number of rounds per day - only promise what you KNOW you can do and don't ever 'not' do it.

This chanting will be very good for you - if taken like this - no real pressures if you do not promise more than possible.

Gradually over time you'll do more rounds - but just know that each day it has to be the two - when you're better fixed up in this process you can increase it by double - so do four rounds - and go on like this and increase slowly - but 'always' do the least amount promised.

YS,

BDM