IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

How I am doing....

Rate this topic

OMG.. I just sat here and typed for about an hour explaining this and I accidentaly hit the escape key thus erasing everything I typed..

So.. I'll try again..

Well.. to start.. I found the closest Iskcon group to be in Boston Mass. I have tried to eMail them but none of them have gone thru.. Every eMail addy I used had been returned to my box.. So I called them and left a message about my eMail problem. I live in New Hampshire so Boston is still a rather big distance for me to commute to.. I'm also afraid to drive on the Highway as well as on the streets of Boston.. Having been brought up on New Hampshire roads. So I'm thiking of maybe taking a bus there. I have been reading the Bhagavad Gita and have been praying to Krishna..

I had mentioned in a previous post about how I had another intense experience.. I need to explain what I have been doing in order for you to understand this. I mentioned that I have been studying the book "Yoga: Immortality and Freedom" Now as I had learned in Buddhism that reality is an Illusion. However I had a very difficult time acknowledging my Schizophrenic experiences as Illusion.

When I started studying the Yoga book it taught me about Vasanas and Samskaras.. After reading about these in the book I began researching it on the net. I came up with a strategy using the understanding of Vasanas and Samskaras. I created a "Mantra" to help me remember this new view of looking at my Schizophrenic Delusions. I would repeat "Vasana is the Illusion of Samskara" As I repeated this I would take the Schizo experience I was happening and associating it with a Vasana I would then recognize that this expereince is but a hallucination created by a samskara within my subconscious.. This practice helped me GREATLY.. I was able to dispell all my schizo experiences and live my day in peace..

I kept researhing on this and discovered Samskara Shuddhi. All I could find though were short descriptions of the practice and nothing really on how to do it. I had read that this practice has the power to destroy samskaras so you can understand my interest in it. I have found that the practice I created helps dispell the Vasana.. the real problem lies within the Samskara.. I kind of make a mental image of it as Samskaras being roots in my subconscious and they would grow with a stalk and then flower in my mind.. The practice was like taking scizzors and cutting the stalk thus preventing the flower from blooming.. The only problem is.. I cut one and then another grows.. and so on.. I need to rip the root out.

I mentioned in a previous post that I had another Intense expereince.. It is rather difficult to exaplain so I will do my best.. I was sitting watching TV when a Schizo experience arose.. I tried to deal with it in the normal manner of identifying it as a Vasana but it was like It turned up the heat.. As if it said "Well.. our old tactics are no longer working.. Lets turn up the power to rule him in fear." I was able to stay calm but it was what it said that scares me.. It said that If I continue to do this it will make me lose my mind. So as you might expect this made me scared.

One of the things Krishna told me when he revealed himself to me was that I NEED him in order to deal with this. The thing is how do I use him? I'm trying my best to stay calm and see this as illusion.. It's just how it said I was to lose my mind that gets me.. It said to me that it will throw all manner of illusion at me to break me.. That it will give me intense visual illusions that would make even the sanest man wimper.

I'm still trying my best and I continue to do my practice I'm just a little shaken up by that experience.

Any thoughts?

Quote:

had learned in Buddhism that reality is an Illusion

Reply:

…the manifested internal potency is real, whereas the external manifested energy in the form of material existence is only temporary and illusory like the mirage in the desert. In the desert mirage there is no actual water. There is only the appearance of water. Real water is somewhere else. The manifested cosmic creation appears as reality. But reality, of which this is but a shadow, is in the spiritual world. Absolute Truth is in the spiritual sky, not the material sky. In the material sky everything is relative truth. That is to say, one truth depends on something else. This cosmic creation results from interaction of the three modes of nature, and the temporary manifestations are so created as to present an illusion of reality to the bewildered mind of the conditioned soul, who appears in so many species of life, including the higher demigods, like Brahma, Indra, Candra, and so on. In actuality, there is no reality in the manifested world. There appears to be reality, however, because of the true reality which exists in the spiritual world, where the Personality of Godhead eternally exists with His transcendental paraphernalia.… [sB 1.1.1, purport]

…this world is a perverted reflection. And because it is reflection of the reality, therefore it appears so nicely that we take it as actual fact. That is called illusion. But if we understand that, “It is temporary, I should not be attached. It is temporary. My attachment should be to the reality not to the unreality,”... So reality is Krsna. This is also reality, but temporary. So we have to get ourself from the temporary to the reality… [bhagavad Gita Lecture, August 27, 1966]

Now of course the Buddhist view is void and without lasting spiritual quality – they do not even accept the soul – they call the part that goes on after death the ‘skanda’ – it’s sort of a psychological emanation – not the self. This so-called 'emanation' goes on to imprint another life form in another womb - according to their very limited philosophy.

They teach that everything - including this world - isn’t real – but they are incorrect – it is real – as we see from these proper quotes - what the illusion is.

In this next quote from the Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita Prabhupada explicates this point even more clearly:

“…Some philosophers say that the manifestation of material nature is false, but according to the philosophy of Bhagavad Gita or according to the philosophy of the Vaisnavas, this is not so. The manifestation of the world is not accepted as false; it is accepted as real, but temporary…” [bG, Introduction]

Quote:

I'm thiking of maybe taking a bus there

Reply:

You should focus on chanting the mahamantra instead of other yoga practices – in the Gita we learn that yoga is almost impossible in this age – better to focus on the chanting and the reading of Prabhupada’s books.

His books are quite explicit and need little to no interpretations – if you have questions - people around here can answer them.

This is Bhakti Yoga – the process for us in our present time in history.

Before you go to ANY temples and seek out ANY associations you should become fixed in your own chanting and reading – everyday without fail.

First know that your attachment to Krishna and Srila Prabhupada is strong and independent - before getting into any associations with any others – just my simple advice – as I wouldn't want you to meet with the devotees who may steer you wrong – wrong in terms of being too pushy and ultra-righteous – or even worse – bringing you into any of the many internal political diversions which are sapping the energy of Krishna’s worldwide servants – any of this happening may be very disconcerting for you and – thus you might think to give up on this REAL path and move on to another – when you are now on the right path – so as simple as this - is my advice - just protect your own spiritual interests...

Please do not take it that I am down on association – but it must be Krishna Conscious – and not anything else – it is awful when newcomers enter devotee associations and are pulled into the various 'camps' [i won’t list them they are well known!] and thus spend all their energy in the temples in habitual prajalpa or ‘gossip’ [of one kind or another] – instead of the expected and needed - ‘Krishna Katha’.

Thank you and may Krishna guide you well...

Your servant,

BDM