IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Amazing Experience!!!

Rate this topic

I have been posting at this site off and on for a few years now. I've asked very few questions about different subjects. I had a great experience today and I just have to share the experience...

I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia in 1992. I had this experience back then that made me into a spiritual seeking person.. I went imediately to the religon that was taught to me in my Childhood which was Christianity. I had become a fanatical Pentecostal Christian and I loved righteousness.. my experience with this religion and suffering with Schizophrenia put me thru alot of amazing and aweful experiences... In 1999 I left Christianity and came to Buddhism. Buddhism fascinated me and showed me truths that Christianity seemed to ignore.. I learned alot thru Buddhism and about 2 years ago I started looking into Hinduism.. When I became a Buddhist and forsook Christianity ALOT of my suffering from my Disease was subsided.. But I still did suffer.. Because of Buddhism I accepted Hinduism with Open arms.. I've been struggling with my Demons now for a long time.. I prayed to Buddha and I prayed to Krishna.. And I've been examining my mind and my problems and recording them in Journals.. Its really alot to get into and I would LOVE to discuss what I can to someone who may help me or be interested.

But today something incredible happened.. I have been doing a routine I have been practicing where I examine my mind and the Voices I hear and all of a sudden I dont know how to describe it.. I saw Krishna and he presented himself to me.. It was AMAZING!! He took all my fears away he accepted me, he loved me, He did not Judge me, He showed me a glory I have never experienced.. He filled me with Joy he was just AWESOME.. I now come to this website because my knowledge of Krishna is limited and I desperately need advice a teacher or something.

I need to have this experienced nurtured and properly guided. I need someone to talk to.. I dont know where else to turn at this moment.. I have never felt such peace as I have today.

Guest guest

I am involved in the www.distributebooks.org website (under construction) where people donate to help distribute spiritual books. If you like I can send you a free copy of Bhagavad Gita As It Is, Translated by A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami. Lord Krsna spoke the Bhagavad Gita, the most concise treaty on spiritual matters to his disciple Arjuna. Just send a address that we can ship it to to dougyes@peoplepc.com.

Sincerely,

Doug

That is great. Krsna has been known to award such an experience to help inspire one to intensify their search for Him in perfection.

Krishna of course is still with you and has only disappeared to your sight. So He is always your strength and will oversee your advancement toward pure love for Him. Therefore pray to Him to reveal a specific devotee or devotees for you to learn from and associate with. In this you must be discriminating and not sentimental.

Anyone without any formality can take advantage of Srila Prabhupada's books which provide pure knowledge of Krishna.

Most of which can be found on-line by clicking on the link at the bottom of my post.

Also without any formality you can start chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Do you have a spiritual master, [siksa or diksya], if so how have you been serving them?. I nearly had tears in my eyes when reading that, not sure if tears of envy or remorse that the same thing didn't happen to me. Even then I don't believe it, I'd say until you actually experience yourself [bR Sridhara Maharaja] says this, then..

Guest guest

Welcome to this amazing journey through Trancendence and eternal divine ecstacy

Here is Radhe Krishna

Posted Image

Here is Sri Radika (who is Sri Krishna's internal energy)

Posted Image

Where are u from ? Where do you live ?

The only reason i ask is so that we could give you the address of the nearest Hare Krishna Temple you can take advantage of and who will guide you more.

But anyways starti chanting, meditating on the Maha

Mantra "HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE"

WHO IS KRISHNA ?

Krishna is God, a Transcendental Person

The personhood of Krishna is not an idea invented by human beings naively creating a God in their own image. Nor is personhood a limiting concept when applied to God, or the Absolute Truth. As the source of everything, Krishna naturally has His own personal identity, just as each of us does. The Vedas define God as the one supreme conscious being among all other conscious beings. He is infinite, we are finite, and He maintains us all.

Naturally, the best way to understand God is to learn from Him. In the Bhagavad-gita ("The Song of God"), Lord Krishna—a real, transcendental person—tells us that He is God and reveals many things about Himself.

"Unintelligent men, who do not know Me perfectly, think that I, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, was impersonal before and have now assumed this personality. Due to their small fund of knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is imperishable and supreme."—Sri Krishna, Bhagavad-gita 7.24

Also who is Krishna is best answered in this free ebook "Krishna Book"

http://www.krishna.com/e-books/Krsna_Book.pdf

There is a lot of other images and info on this site:-

http://www.krishna.com/

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Iam really happy that you saw Krishna!

Krishna is all mercy! Haribol!

If you dont mind, can you explain more how Krishna looked and what He did and how long you saw Him

Did Krishna actually appear in front of you or was it more in a subtle plane.

Please do elaborate on this incident and more on how Krishna looked!

Once again, iam happy for you and i think you should record every second of the incident and so you can read it whenever you want.

You should seek a bonafide guru and there are bonafide gurus in ISKCON.

Please do explain for the benefit of the readers of this forum!

Haribol!

All glories to Guru and Krishna!

Anand

He didnt actually appear in front of me.. It was more like he was on another plane.. He was blue and his body was in the shape of a teenage male.. He sat next to me and when he arrived he emanated joy and peace.. He put his arm around me and pretty much said "Hello.." It was amazing.. I dont know how to describe the rest.. He showed me that what I have been preparing to do and that my spiritual studies have not been in vain.. It's really alot to get into because it goes into the history of my life..

I had a dream when I was young around fourth or fifth grade. I dreamed I was standing on a road and there was this voice who said, "I can send you down a road of hardships.. You will suffer for a time but when you get to a point the suffering will leave and you will be a better person." He then sent me down the road in the dream.. I walked and as I did I experiences great fear and anguish.. but as I got further down the road these things began to fade and I felt free once I got to a point down the road.

The voice then asked me if I accept this fate.. I thought to myself and I said "Well.. If I'm going to be alright.. sure.. I accept."

I have remembered that dream for a long time.. I never knew who that voice was and recently as I have been doing a practice I been wondering who it may be.. Was it Jehovah? was it a Buddha? Some Spirit of light? NO! Krishna showed me that it was him who gave me that dream.

There is ALOT for me to cover to explain the things he showed me.. But the biggest message is that my searching has not been in vain.. If I could only describe the Joy and peace and just how awesome he was.. It was like he was my best friend.. The best friend I could ever have.

Guest guest

It is wonderul that Krishna has done what He did!

Obviously, we want to hear more of your experiences but obviously it is difficult to explain everything.

Iam, however, interested why you want to go back to Buddhism.

Now, if you seek a buddhisk monk, he will lead you to buddhism and not to Krishna!

You should your experience to make further strides in permanently seeing and being with Krishna. That should be aim.

The vedic scriptures say that Krishna is the Supreme God. So, your duty is to seek knowledge on and about Krishna. This way you can cement your experiences and be a guiding light for other Krishna aspirants.

I suggest you study the scriptures on Krishna. In this current age, Srila Prabhupada (an authentic Vaishnava Guru) has written great books in english of the vedic teachings about Krishna. So, please do seek his books and formally study the literature and practice Krishna consciousness for the rest of your life.

This way, this experience that happened once can be made for eternity. You can always be and live with Krishna for eternity. For that you have to seek a Guru who teaches about Krishna not about Buddha.

So, please, as a previous post has mentioned, he give a copy of the Bhagavad Gita by Srila Prabhupada to you, you can read it and relish more of Krishna.

Krishna is ABSOLUTE which means, literature on Krishna and Krishna are the same. You can relish Krishna just by reading books written by Srila Prabhupada!

Why Srila Prabhupada? because he is a bonafide guru following a disciplic order. Personally, he is my hero.

Please do read the GITA!

It will make you more solid and knowledgable on Krishna

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

>>>I live in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire USA..

Ok then

Here is a list of temples and communities of ISKCON that are near to New Hampshire USA, please do correct me if i have not understood your location correctky.

I must say that the first one is of special significance as, this is the place from where Krishna decided in the recent times to spread trancendental, eternal and blissfull knowledge about him.

1) (Where it all started in the west)

New York, New York

26 Second Avenue, 10003 (mail: P. O. Box 2509, New York, NY 10009)

Tel. (212) 420-1130

E-mail: dayananda@msn.com

2) New York, New York

305 Schermerhorn St, Brooklyn, 11217

Tel. (718) 855-6714 Fax: (718) 875-6127

E-mail: ramabhadra@aol.com

http://www.radhagovinda.net/

http://www.iskcon.com/worldwide/centres_detail/brooklyn.html

3) Port Royal, Pennsylvania (Gita Nagari)

R.D. No. 1, Box 839, 17082

Tel. & fax: (717) 527-4101

E-mail: acyutadasi@acsworld.net

http://www.gitanagari.com/

4) Moundsville, West Virginia (New Vrindaban)

R.D. No. 1, Box 319, Hare Krishna Ridge, 26041

Tel. (304) 843-1600 Fax: (304) 854-0023

E-mail: newvrindaban@

http://www.newvrindaban.com/

http://www.iskcon.com/worldwide/centres_detail/moundsville.html

Here is a full list of all north amreican centres just in case you want to see more:- http://www.iskcon.com/worldwide/centres/north_america.html

Also please feel free to read the Gita here

http://www.vedabase.net/bg/en

While The Krishna Book speaks about Sri Krishna , The Gita is spoken by sri Krishna to his read friend Arjuna 5000 years ago.

Also here is the site of Sri SachiNandana Swami for whom many devotees have a very high regards for and you could contact him here:

http://www.saranagati.net/

Thank you so much for encouraging us in this endevour of Supreme Love.

I hope you will be pleased by this small endevour of providing you with some information.

"HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your story of your dream and experience reminded me of this one from the Srimad Bhagavatam. This is Narada Muni speaking to his disciple Vyasadeva. The link takes you to it and once there clicking on the verse number will take you to A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's commentary on each verse.

You have made us here very happy as you can tell. For quite some time we have seen your intelligent posts and could deduce your sincere inquiring mood. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

"Seek and ye shall find.Knock and the door shall be opened."

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/6/en1

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Srimad Bhagavatam

SB 1.6.1: Suta said: O brahmanas, thus hearing all about Sri Narada's birth and activities, Vyasadeva, the incarnation of God and son of Satyavati, inquired as follows.

SB 1.6.2: Sri Vyasadeva said: What did you [Narada] do after the departure of the great sages who had instructed you in scientific transcendental knowledge before the beginning of your present birth?

SB 1.6.3: O son of Brahma, how did you pass your life after initiation, and how did you attain this body, having quit your old one in due course?

SB 1.6.4: O great sage, time annihilates everything in due course, so how is it that this subject matter, which happened prior to this day of Brahma, is still fresh in your memory, undisturbed by time?

SB 1.6.5: Sri Narada said: The great sages, who had imparted scientific knowledge of transcendence to me, departed for other places, and I had to pass my life in this way.

SB 1.6.6: I was the only son of my mother, who was not only a simple woman but a maidservant as well. Since I was her only offspring, she had no other alternative for protection: she bound me with the tie of affection.

SB 1.6.7: She wanted to look after my maintenance properly, but because she was not independent, she was not able to do anything for me. The world is under the full control of the Supreme Lord; therefore everyone is like a wooden doll in the hands of a puppet master.

SB 1.6.8: When I was a mere child of five years, I lived in a brahmana school. I was dependent on my mother's affection and had no experience of different lands.

SB 1.6.9: Once upon a time, my poor mother, when going out one night to milk a cow, was bitten on the leg by a serpent, influenced by supreme time.

SB 1.6.10: I took this as the special mercy of the Lord, who always desires benediction for His devotees, and so thinking, I started for the north.

SB 1.6.11: After my departure, I passed through many flourishing metropolises, towns, villages, animal farms, mines, agricultural lands, valleys, flower gardens, nursery gardens and natural forests.

SB 1.6.12: I passed through hills and mountains full of reservoirs of various minerals like gold, silver and copper, and through tracts of land with reservoirs of water filled with beautiful lotus flowers, fit for the denizens of heaven, decorated with bewildered bees and singing birds.

SB 1.6.13: I then passed alone through many forests of rushes, bamboo, reeds, sharp grass, weeds and caves, which were very difficult to go through alone. I visited deep, dark and dangerously fearful forests, which were the play yards of snakes, owls and jackals.

SB 1.6.14: Thus traveling, I felt tired, both bodily and mentally, and I was both thirsty and hungry. So I took a bath in a river lake and also drank water. By contacting water, I got relief from my exhaustion.

SB 1.6.15: After that, under the shadow of a banyan tree in an uninhabited forest I began to meditate upon the Supersoul situated within, using my intelligence, as I had learned from liberated souls.

SB 1.6.16: As soon as I began to meditate upon the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead with my mind transformed in transcendental love, tears rolled down my eyes, and without delay the Personality of Godhead Sri Krishna appeared on the lotus of my heart.

SB 1.6.17: O Vyasadeva, at that time, being exceedingly overpowered by feelings of happiness, every part of my body became separately enlivened. Being absorbed in an ocean of ecstasy, I could not see both myself and the Lord.

SB 1.6.18: The transcendental form of the Lord, as it is, satisfies the mind's desire and at once erases all mental incongruities. Upon losing that form, I suddenly got up, being perturbed, as is usual when one loses that which is desirable.

SB 1.6.19: I desired to see again that transcendental form of the Lord, but despite my attempts to concentrate upon the heart with eagerness to view the form again, I could not see Him any more, and thus dissatisfied, I was very much aggrieved.

SB 1.6.20: Seeing my attempts in that lonely place, the Personality of Godhead, who is transcendental to all mundane description, spoke to me with gravity and pleasing words, just to mitigate my grief.

SB 1.6.21: O Narada [the Lord spoke], I regret that during this lifetime you will not be able to see Me anymore. Those who are incomplete in service and who are not completely free from all material taints can hardly see Me.

SB 1.6.22: O virtuous one, you have only once seen My person, and this is just to increase your desire for Me, because the more you hanker for Me, the more you will be freed from all material desires.

SB 1.6.23: By service of the Absolute Truth, even for a few days, a devotee attains firm and fixed intelligence in Me. Consequently he goes on to become My associate in the transcendental world after giving up the present deplorable material worlds.

SB 1.6.24: Intelligence engaged in My devotion cannot be thwarted at any time. Even at the time of creation, as well as at the time of annihilation, your remembrance will continue by My mercy.

SB 1.6.25: Then that supreme authority, personified by sound and unseen by eyes, but most wonderful, stopped speaking. Feeling a sense of gratitude, I offered my obeisances unto Him, bowing my head.

SB 1.6.26: Thus I began chanting the holy name and fame of the Lord by repeated recitation, ignoring all the formalities of the material world. Such chanting and remembering of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord are benedictory. So doing, I traveled all over the earth, fully satisfied, humble and unenvious.

SB 1.6.27: And so, O Brahmana Vyasadeva, in due course of time I, who was fully absorbed in thinking of Krishna and who therefore had no attachments, being completely freed from all material taints, met with death, as lightning and illumination occur simultaneously.

SB 1.6.28: Having been awarded a transcendental body befitting an associate of the Personality of Godhead, I quit the body made of five material elements, and thus all acquired fruitive results of work [karma] stopped.

SB 1.6.29: At the end of the millennium, when the Personality of Godhead Lord Narayana lay down within the water of devastation, Brahma began to enter into Him along with all creative elements, and I also entered through His breathing.

SB 1.6.30: After 4,300,000,000 solar years, when Brahma awoke to create again by the will of the Lord, all the rishis like Marici, Angira, Atri and so on were created from the transcendental body of the Lord, and I also appeared along with them.

SB 1.6.31: Since then, by the grace of the almighty Vishnu, I travel everywhere without restriction both in the transcendental world and in the three divisions of the material world. This is because I am fixed in unbroken devotional service of the Lord.

SB 1.6.32: And thus I travel, constantly singing the transcendental message of the glories of the Lord, vibrating this instrument called a vina, which is charged with transcendental sound and which was given to me by Lord Krishna.

SB 1.6.33: The Supreme Lord Sri Krishna, whose glories and activities are pleasing to hear, at once appears on the seat of my heart, as if called for, as soon as I begin to chant His holy activities.

SB 1.6.34: It is personally experienced by me that those who are always full of cares and anxieties due to desiring contact of the senses with their objects can cross the ocean of nescience on a most suitable boat -- the constant chanting of the transcendental activities of the Personality of Godhead.

SB 1.6.35: It is true that by practicing restraint of the senses by the yoga system one can get relief from the disturbances of desire and lust, but this is not sufficient to give satisfaction to the soul, for this [satisfaction] is derived from devotional service to the Personality of Godhead.

SB 1.6.36: O Vyasadeva, you are freed from all sins. Thus I have explained my birth and activities for self-realization, as you asked. All this will be conducive for your personal satisfaction also.

SB 1.6.37: Suta Gosvami said: Thus addressing Vyasadeva, Srila Narada Muni took leave of him, and vibrating on his vina instrument, he left to wander at his free will.

SB 1.6.38: All glory and success to Srila Narada Muni because he glorifies the activities of the Personality of Godhead, and so doing he himself takes pleasure and also enlivens all the distressed souls of the universe.

**I am, however, interested why you want to go back to **Buddhism.

**Now, if you seek a buddhisk monk, he will lead you to **buddhism and not to Krishna!

You misunderstood.. I'm not looking for a Buddhist Teacher.. I was just stating that I had a Buddhist teacher and that I wish to find a new teacher who can teach me Krishna

Guest guest

Yes, it was my mistake

Iam sorry, i read your post again later and discovered i misunderstood it.

Follow the instructions from the previous posts and approach Krishna in a scientific and logical manner.

It is very important to understand Krishna Consciousness as a science as it has proof and is not some subjective phenomenon.

Haribol!

anand

I thought you might like to hear this as well..

When Krishna revealed himself to me and I had that feeling of Peace love and Joy I wanted to cry.. but he was like "Why do you need to cry?" and he took that feeling of wanting to cry and was like. "Be HAPPY!" I was like.. "but it feels appropriate to cry at such an experience.." and I almost cried again but he took the tears away and said "Be HAPPY!" I never had such Joy and feeling of freedom.

Guest guest

So tell me....you say Krishna did not appear in front of you but He was in a different plane, so, were you in a different platform too or you were same and He was just different.

Also did you talk to Him like ordinary talking or was it all mental. How did He sound?

This is all amazing to me still. I cannot imagine how you should be feeling. You did not tell how long this whole episode lasted.

I think you should explain how HE came till how He left in detail and everything in between. Iam dying to hear.

Iam sorry if iam asking too many questions, but i cannot imagine...you have just met the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!

what to say!

I wish I can see Him!

Haribol!

anand

Well.. I was on my couch doing a meditation.. Because I am Schizophrenic I hear voices and I see things on a daily basis.. I had been studying my book "Yoga: Immortality and Freedom" by Mircea Eliade.. I came up with a meditation dealing with my Schizophrenic Symptoms.. By Identifying anything that arises to be a Vasana created by a Samskara..

So.. there I was meditating and idenitfying all that I experience (The delusions and Halucinations) as a Vasana Illusion.. My mind cleared and within my mind I could see him. It was as if I were in 2 worlds the physical and a mental and in both I was sitting in my apartment. Krishna was within the mental and he came and sat beside me. When I talked to him out loud.. I used my actual voice.. He spoke and I could hear him he sounded like a male teenager and he spoke to me as if we were friends for a long time. I guess some people may say well.. He's Schizophrenic it's all just another delusion of his mind.. If that is the case and seeing this Krishna is but a delusion. I dont want to be sane.

It lasted about about 15 minutes.. He told me alot of things some by words others (this is hard to describe) just by his presence. Some of things he said were that he would never Judge me or Dictate to me like the voices I hear on a daily basis do. He said that I still need to go through some things and to be digilent in examining it and dealing with it. He told me to take things slow there is no reason to RUSH.. There is alot of things the one that hits me the most is that he has faith in me.

This whole world is a type of hallucination. Does that mean Krsna could never appear?

Everyone is thinking we are someone or some thing we are not. We have all forgotten who we are. Therefore everyone in the material world has a crisis of identity and is insane. The relative degrees of madness are classified as the three modes of nature.

So I as a crazy person refuse to feel alone in my madness.

One telling feature about your experience is that Krsna did not tell you to strap on a suicide bomb belt rather you have obviously had a change of heart and very significant experience that has resulted in you now having a focus of searching out Krishna, Reality the Beautiful as He is called.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

Guest guest

This is very interesting, people may not give due credit cos of the disorder when all the time it may be true.

It is like what we want to believe.

I kinda understand the relationship of different planes. I have read people talk about near death experiences and they say similar things where iam there but not there at the same time.

But the whole issue lies not in the vision of Krishna but in the feelings you felt as a result of this contact.

You have exhibted symptoms of purity becuase you were around the Supreme. Now, this state of excitment of love, compassion and faith we can see in pure souls who are maha-bhagavats like Srila Prabhupada and other acharyas.

This shows you have been bitten by the bug and so even though Krishna created an illusion of appearance/dillusion around you, there was no dillusion of the qualities of purity that you experienced due to Krishna and which is exhibted by pure souls or advanced devotee of God.

The proof is indeed in the pudding!

Also, i would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us souls so you have given us(especially me) a hope among a chaotic and atheistic world. Personally, i feel it is difficult to keep up the motivation and surrender to Krishna on a daily basis but incidents like this reinforce our faith.

Haribol!

anand

I had another intense experience today but quite different than the one I had.. I want to post it here at this site but I'm a little worried about some of the subject matter which is involved with it..

I wish I just had a teacher to talk to.. right now I believe a teacher is imperative.. I need someone who is knowledgable.. who understands.. someone to discuss this stuff with.. I do have a therapist but therapy is nothing like you see in the movies. I want to discuss my experiences and have someone to share it with who knows what I should do.

Perhaps avoid an oprdinary Pyschiatrist or Pyschologist. The best you will find is someone trained in a Jungian approach and have you searching for symbolic means, you know, Krishna as a certain archetype instead of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

But then the mind can play tricks and even a genuine core experience can become surrounded by false imitations and that would require a trained Dr. to catch most likely, which is beyond most well meaning devotees.

Hopefully someone can refer you to a strong devotee who is also medically trained in the Pyschiatric field.

Can someone offer a contact for such a person?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I think you should go to the nearest ISKCON temple and talk to a devotee so you can be referred to a senior devotee or a devotee who is a doctor.

You can start there to get some contacts for a doctor who also is aware of Krishna.

I can only think of this for now!

Haribol!

anand