IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

We Will Turn Veggie by 2047 (UK)

Rate this topic

Source:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12971726&method=full

All Britons could be vegetarian by 2047 as 2,000 people a week stop eating meat, a study claimed yesterday.

Already 40 per cent of Brits avoid eating meat at least once a week with six per cent of the population totally vegetarian.

Jan Walsh, of the Consumer Analysis Group which did the research with Safeway, said: "To think that we could all be vegetarians by 2047 will come as a shock for some people, but it seems like we will be entering an age where the nation as a whole has finally begun to understand and respect the environment."

She added: "You can almost imagine that in the future it will be the norm to be vegetarian and people will have to consciously opt to eat meat, rather than the other way around."

Britain has the second largest number of vegetarians in Europe after Germany.

The study, released yesterday for National Vegetarian Week, estimated that a lifelong vegetarian saves 760 chickens, five cows, 20 pigs, 20 sheep and half a tonne of fish. And the average non-meat eater visits hospital 22 per cent less often, saving the NHS £220 a year per person - a potential cost cut of £736million.

Safeway spokeswoman Louise Barnett said: "Supermarkets have had a positive impact on the numbers of people becoming vegetarian in the last 50 years - especially by increasing the variety of products available.

"Our task must be to provide a total vegetarian solution: not just more fruit and vegetables, but more innovative products that offer customers choice and a sound nutritional balance.

"We predict that supermarkets will become much more like hubs of world foods, with flavours, smells and textures to tempt every taste bud."

Courtesy of The Animal Spirit Newsletter :

http://topica.com/lists/theanimalspirit@topica.com/

Guest guest

Ill be a veg long before that. Last night, as i was relieving myself, I looked at two meteroites that criscrossed the sky. Then I passed out, fell of the porch, an awoke an hour later face first in the weeds, broken thumbnail, big messy scar on my ankle, but it was fun. Most would be runnin for the hospital, but as a former healthcare employee, those are the last people I want to have advise me while i become a vegetable.

ButI hope I dont have such alien abductions =;-) while im drivin. If I still did hash oil, Id have a good explanation for daily NDEs, but I have no exceuses.

Haribol, from KALE yuga, mahak the veg.

What's the problem? You should get it checked out by a Dr. You don't have to sell them your soul but take advantage of their excellent diagnostics.

It wasn't the aliens, or at least not my friends. They don't ride in on meteorites. Also they would not have knocked you off the porch they would have just beamed you up.

Get it checked out Mahak, that body ain't yours remember and Krsna doesn't want His devotees needlessly sick.

Guest guest

Just a little faint at the heavens flattery. They were giving y the Xfacta bro.

Gotta be careful at this age when you pee under the stars in morse code . . . _____. . what it all means and the response may be. You may a' coded to beam up.

Posted Image

I'd have it checked up.

Guest guest

They don't sound like Kali yuga stats hey?

Whats's so surprising about America being behind?

I think the Brits are afraid of turning into mad cows.

Maybe attonement for all that colonising they did.

There's a very strong animal rights movement there, sounds like it is working.

Guest guest

and don't worry about the darkness that surrounds them. They have excellent diagnostic tools to check out all of the bodily functions that are happening. Myself, the only time I went to hospitals was when I crashed and burned doing my Xtreme sports sadhana. Now that I'm in my fifty-something years, this old shell is starting to show wear. You need to be aware of your blood pressure, glucose levels and cholesterol. Even though you are a veggie, too much sour cream and other dairy can harm ya. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Age sucks! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don't worry 'bout them demons, engage them in the Lord's service by having them check out His devotee....

............"a lifelong vegetarian saves 760 chickens, five cows, 20 pigs, 20 sheep and half a tonne of fish"

Over eighty years, I don't think we can keep cow flesh fresh in a freezer for ten years at a time. There would need to be a new slaughter every few months. Isn't it? That would mean over a hundred cows, not five.

Guest guest

Thank you much for your concern. Im kinda ridin it out for now, and probably the main reason I dont do the MRIs is because of my exposure history workin for Trident Refit. Im not fearful of info, but I do know that if a doc tells a paqtient that he has the big "C", that inb itself is very detrimental to ones health.

Also, Im good at takin dives. The one off my porch was very fun, in fact. Some of the others in the ballast tanks of the subs were much worse. Maybe Ill start a thread to teell all these dives, especially the one where I hung myself with my airfed respirator aboard the USS Bellau Wood. I owe a workmate for that one, he immediately appeared on the scene to let me stand on his shoulders whil I corrected myself.

Anyway, again, Im touched by your concern, and know why we be friends even though we have political differences.

Hare Krsan ys, mahaksadasa