IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is the world going to end?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Mayan calendar ends on Dec. 31, 2012 and some have referred to that date as the end of the world. Is this true?

Guest guest

When Jan 1, 2013 rolls around the Earth will still be in orbit odds are. But you and I may not be around. Better to concentrate on that sure demise of our individual material forms.

Hey you guys ought to be happy that there is a chance of the world ending by 2012! . Who wants to live in this demonic

world so full of unhappiness ,suffering and pain . Especially in the 21st century which i feel is the WORST century!!

Just wait and watch!!

If the world ends suddenly in 2012 what will change? The world is just a manifestation of the amalgamated consciousness of the inhabitants. So if it it destroyed and the people die in that same consciousness they will just be forced to take birth on a simiar planet somewhere else to live out the same nightmare.

Physical death is no escape. Krsna consciousness is the only worhwhile liberation.

Worlds come and go. It is how to remain undisturbed by all the turbulence and keep the mind on Krsna.

"The Mayan calendar ends on Dec. 31, 2012"

big deal. just get a new calendar. Mayans were a cruel culture. This is their joke /images/graemlins/wink.gif

this world will continue long past the time when Mayans (and even Americans) are completely forgotten

You two may have passed on already and are just starting to realize it. Doesn't sound like heaven though, sorry, just some astral plane set aside for you to adjust in.

It's April already get a calender if you can still find one.

Guest guest

"It's April already get a calender if you can still find one. "

The calendar in my electronic diary keeps going to the end of this millenium and even beyond - D'OOHH!

Guest guest

Yes, it will all crumble away, but are you sure the mayan calandar ends in 2012? Pope Gregory created the western calandar, and there is a seven year error due to his miscalculation of the age of Lord Jesus at the time of ascension. So guess where the mayan calandar really ends? You got it, 2005.

My watch is broken (they always break, Im one of those many who make watches stop,) and my calandar ended somewhere in 2002 when I was no longer required to keep the nuclear bombs from rusting or otherwise detonationg. But watches and calanders may stop, but TIME marches on.

2005, 2012, 2025, 2047, 2074, all these possible doomsdays (dont forget pope gregory who wasnt sitting in the infallible chair when he made the calendar), they are all correct, Millions face doom daily, and major earth changes happen as we communicate here, time marches, we die, then we get born, then we go to eternal sleep, then we pop out again. As long as we dont know our eternal position or function, samsara continues.

Have a nice doom. Your gravedigger in cooperation, mahak

Dont be a snob Kulapavana. The Mayans were no doubt cruel but they were very intelligent people too. At the rate at which India is moving I would so say that it is Indians which have become a decadent race what with corruption,mindless procreation,indifference etc.

"At the rate at which India is moving I would so say that it is Indians which have become a decadent race"

amen to that, brother... /images/graemlins/wink.gif true Aryans are somewhat extinct right now, but there is hope that this noble culture can be revived by the grace of Lord Chaitanya's sankirtan movement! Haribol! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

"Nothing can be accomplished by singing"

All that Chaitanya, Prabhupada and other great devotees has been accomplished by singing the glories of the Lord - look at the immense accomplishment!

Guest guest

At the rate at which India is moving I would so say that it is Indians which have become a decadent race what with corruption,mindless procreation,indifference etc.

Hmm, I must disagree. I had never heard of pujaris having sex in temple rooms, gurus running off with their female disciples (after taking sannyasa and abandoning their wives), and gurukulas staffed by neurotic child abusers until I was introduced to ISKCON. In fact, many other things I have seen in Amerika simply have no comparison in equivalent social circles in India. These include "naked dance parties" (i used to think this criticism of Prabhupada's was funny until I saw them in my own college), sexual promiscuity (as in, women having 10 children by any of at least 20 different partners), lesbians kissing on TV, etc.

This is not say that India has not degenerated from its Vedic roots - obviously it has. But I don't think condeming an entire people for its leaders is really fair. Otherwise, I can condemn all of America for being meat-eaters, drunkards, and adulterers. At least Indians don't slaughter as many cows as Americans do.

"Nothing can be accomplished by singing. Awaken the kshatriya in you."

My kshatriya nature is wide awake in me, but I'm still working on my devotion /images/graemlins/wink.gif ...after all, what's the use of changing the world without purifying yourself in the process?

people live in the world they deserve. even as devotees. the bad things happened because too many simply turned their eyes away from cheap shows of devotion, lies and abuses of the "authorities", and pretended they did not happen... where were the brahmanas to boldly speak the truth? where were the kshatriyas to protect the innocent?

Otherwise, I can condemn all of America for being meat-eaters, drunkards, and adulterers.

I do. And there is nothing on that list that I have not done and more. Honesty means speaking the truth that needs to be said. Of course it needs to be said in a way that is most likely to effect positive change.

Oh, and don't forget to add a large percentage of baby killers (abortions) to the list.

I disagree with you.A country is known by the way its cities are maintained. Have you ever been to any Indian city?. Its easy to stay abroad and sing praises of India ,but the ground realities are different my friend. A country is also known by the leaders ,and lets face it my friend,our leaders are a PATHETIC breed. They are representative of our population.

Why do you talk about sex .Thats somebodys private affair and a natural urge. I am talking about corruption,indifference,GROSS INDIFFERENCE and GREED!

But we must remember that the history of India and that of America are very different.

India has been there and growing for thousands of years whereas the country of America is just a little over 200 years old and before that very sparsely populated. It must be very difficult bringing modern convieniences, like plumbing, into an established city of several million people vs. open territory.

My worry for India is that they will not be spiritualy wise in what they select to adopt from modern societies and will absorb all the soul killing aspects of the West along with what's useful.

Guest guest

Calcutta is a typical example of that, they are constantly in damage control, what an and electricity under the concrete slab of a house while going about your daily bussiness. And then they are trying to repair the roads and footpaths while uncountable millions have to use them every day. And get an underground commuteing system together that floods with water.It seems to be fighting an endless losing battle. But don't ya just luv it?

Srila Sridhara Maharaj was very complimentary to the Poms for their contribution to the Indian road, rail and city planning system they inaugerated. Not so much for other values they introduced tho. It amazes me how that monstrous bridge at Howrah stands the load.

But I think it may be time to redesign some of these archaic systems that population has over run. Otherwise start building some new ones with a little modern expertise combined with the vision of vastu shastra.