IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Life after Death??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What happens after we die??? Can anyone explain clearly where

we go after death??. If we die can we get to see our loved ones in heaven?? Do we have to take another life on this

horrible planet if we don not wish to???

I have always been fascinated by life after death and I widh to know whether anyone has heard of NDE's(near death experiences)

Guest guest

go to heaven but you will go to.............................

SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER

SCROLL DOWN FURTHER

SCROLL DOWN STILL FURTHER

YOU WILL GO TO EKKADUTHANGAL!!!

What happens after we die??? Can anyone explain clearly where

we go after death??.

The way you frame the question shows you understand that you are not the body but rather the spiritself within. You are already passing the greatest hurdle.

In one sense we have a common experience even though we have unique destinations in another sense. There are varying accounts of the death experience but they all seem to have a common theme. We are guided out of the body by higher beings who, as their service, have taken on the duty of helping us to our next designations or shall we say destinations. In other words our next birth.

For sure there is no eternal hell to be thrown into or an eternal heaven that can be so easily gained.

If we die can we get to see our loved ones in heaven??

I have heard many accounts of people meeting family members who preceded them to the other side and who may greet them as their turn to leave their body comes up.

But that is all temporary. Eventually even family members will have earned their own separate destinations for their next births and will have to depart once again on their own paths.

Think of this. You have had countless lifetimes. And for each one of them you had a whole new set of family members. Sometimes they say souls may take birth in the same family but under different roles like your sister last time may be your brother this time. All is tempoary until we get to the eternal Kingdom of God. Then all will be eternal and stable.

No. And you are right in calling it horrible. The whole idea of repeated birth and death is horrible. But we may still be forced to even against our will. It all depends on the law of karma. What we do to others will be done to us.

People talk of good and bad karma but in a way it's all bad because even if our karma is to be rich and beautiful we have to take birth here again to accept that so-called good karma.

So only if we are karma-free can we stop being born on this world or another one.

So the question is how can I be karma-free? Karma means action. And in this world every action has a reaction. The only actions that do not are those done in service to God. That is the only karma-free action.

So to be free from karmic law we must learn to become servant's of the Lord. Then He will help us reach His eternal Kingdom where there is no more birth and death.

By seeking God as you are you will find Him. He will reveal Himself and free you. It is your job to keep seeking him and His truths.

Funny thing is He is everywhere but at the same time very well hidden. /images/graemlins/smile.gif He will reveal Himself to our eyes propotionate to our sincerity of search

We also can search for Him through prayer and by calling on His name. It's very natural isn't it. When we want to find someone we call out their name.

Here is a very popular combination of God's names that many of us use.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

You notice there is only three names but we don't get tired of chanting this three names. And you may already have another favorite name of the Lord. That will be the same. The idea is to call on God's name.

I have always been fascinated by life after death and I widh to know whether anyone has heard of NDE's(near death experiences)

I have and am also fasinated. Someone gave me the URL to a web site where people have posted their experiences and man is it interesting to read them. I have it bookmarked and will post it on this message once I find it. I am sure you would like it if you don't already know about it. You may.

Here it is: http://www.near-death.com/

Guest guest

http://www.dlshq.org/download/afterdeath.htm

for some of your questions. This book gives a lot more details about the soul after it passes out of the body. There are many examples cited at the end of the book that show the real life situations wherein many people could recall their past lives clearly.

Hey I feel its better to enjoy and live for the day ,at the same time we need to be kind ,caring and loving human beings.

I have seen many seemingly devoted people who are extremely

conservative ,stupid and close-minded. Remember, God would

not have created the world if he did not want humans to enjoy life

Of course enjoy life. Pleasure is the natural experience of the living being and all people here on this earth are seeking pleasure, it is natural.

But we are saying you must be wise in your search. While everyone is seeking it can you show me one who has found it? Now I am speaking not of the paltry pleasures of tasting food or having sex. Those infitesimal droplets of so-called pleasure are never enough to satisfy the self. That is why we are perpetually seeking pleasure because no one is finding it.

A hog eats stool and thinks its pleasure. We like apple pie. But he is as happy to find some stool as we are to have some pie.

The difference is in quality of what is enjoyed.

So there is a difference in the quality of happiness enjoyed by the enlightened as compared to what we call happiness.

So we are after what they have. We want some too. Therefore we are told to develop a higher sense of what is pleasureable to us.

The highest pleasure is said by these great teachers, to be a relationship with God . So we have considered what they have said said and are convinced enough to try to develop of a higher sense of what is pleasurable in that way.

They have said that service to God is the highest pleasure. We are developing trust in their words.

Are you not also interested in getting the highest pleasure mahoney?

What life can there be after death dear theist? After

death there can be only darkness and we end up losing our identity and our loved ones. What happiness is there in existing in a void?. Think logically, where you go during sleep is where you go after death, a void, a horrible void, of never ending darkness.... HELP!

Guest guest

At death, we lose memory. Death is never a problem, only the fear of death, by one yet to experiance death (this time around), this fear is the problem..

Darkness is memory loss only, and such memory loss is temporary, and limited as well. Past memories are remembered as one forms a new form, to a dgreee.

Anyway, fear is the problem, not death. "Death is only felt by the living, not by you laying shot on the floor"- from Shot on the Floor, c. mahaksadasa 12-08-1980

Death is a always scary simply because we know nothing about it.It also involves loss of identity and loss of our beloved ones,that is why it is so feraful,not beacuse we are attached to our worldly possesions.

Such death as you describe is a myth. Death as in lose of identity is a myth. You retain your sense of I am. No one can take that from you as it is God's eternal gift to us as His parts and parcels or children.

What we shed is just this false identity. Similar to a stage actor who while playing Romeo is fully emersed in being Romeo. But when the curtain drops on the final act he does not remain dead on the floor. He rises and joins all the other actors in a curtain call before the audience. Life goes on.

This myth of death is a great scourge on humanity and indeed all sentient creatures. Causing us to all live haunted by this oppressive force and fear of identity termination.

But death which has no substance can never overcome Life anymore than a shadow can extinguish the sun.

Don't fear shadows mahoney.

Guest guest

"What life can there be after death dear theist? After

death there can be only darkness and we end up losing our identity and our loved ones. What happiness is there in existing in a void?. Think logically, where you go during sleep is where you go after death, a void, a horrible void, of never ending darkness.... HELP!"

Dear Mahoney,

With the God-given gift of consciousness, fill that dark void with the sweet Name, form and pastimes of Govinda now while you have the opportunity. Then at the time of death chances are He will be there in the place of darkness and fear.

Dear Guest and theist ,thank you for your posts. Yes what you

both said did allay my fears for now,but nevertheless i feel

a strong attachment towards my loved ones,i cannot think of leaving them even for swargaloka.

Also ,the mention of different types of hellish planets have begun to scare the daylights out of me!! I know i have done no wrong and done no harm to anyone(as i am a hermit) but still

the fear haunts me....

Some fear is good at our level. We should want to avoid these pits of great suffering. But even the beginner who takes to genuine God conscious inquiry need not fear. The great fear is also falling back into animal life. We see this hell all around us.

The nice grassy field for instance. So serene and peacefull looking. But just look closely between the blades of grass and we see insects attacking each other and eatiung there prey alive.

From every angle it makes sense to seek Krsna's protection.

I'll add a verse once I find it.

TRANSLATION Gita 2.40

In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

PURPORT

Activity in Krsna consciousness, or acting for the benefit of Krsna without expectation of sense gratification, is the highest transcendental quality of work. Even a small beginning of such activity finds no impediment, nor can that small beginning be lost at any stage. Any work begun on the material plane has to be completed, otherwise the whole attempt becomes a failure. But any work begun in Krsna consciousness has a permanent effect, even though not finished. The performer of such work is therefore not at a loss even if his work in Krsna consciousness is incomplete. One percent done in Krsna consciousness bears permanent results, so that the next beginning is from the point of two percent, whereas in material activity without a hundred percent success there is no profit. Ajämila performed his duty in some percentage of Krsna consciousness, but the result he enjoyed at the end was a hundred percent, by the grace of the Lord. There is a nice verse in this connection in Srimad-Bhägavatam (1.5.17):

tyaktvä sva-dharmaà caraëämbujaà harer

bhajann apakvo ’tha patet tato yadi

yatra kva väbhadram abhüd amuñya kià

ko värtha äpto ’bhajatäà sva-dharmataù

“If someone gives up his occupational duties and works in Krsna consciousness and then falls down on account of not completing his work, what loss is there on his part? And what can one gain if one performs his material activities perfectly?” Or, as the Christians say, “What profiteth a man if he gain the whole world yet suffers the loss of his eternal soul?”

Material activities and their results end with the body. But work in Krsna consciousness carries a person again to Krsna consciousness, even after the loss of the body. At least one is sure to have a chance in the next life of being born again as a human being, either in the family of a great cultured brähmaëa or in a rich aristocratic family that will give one a further chance for elevation. That is the unique quality of work done in Krsna consciousness.