IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I want to see Krishna's universal form

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What am I to do? Arjuna was able to see his form, and I'd like to see it too. But how? Is meditation the way? Do i simply chant or visualize his (human) form?

Guest guest

chant hare krishna

surrender to a uttama adhikari spiritual master

follow regulative principles

associate with devotees

avoid criticizing devotees and guru

in this way you'll develope love for krsna.. when krsna will see you completely in love for him, he will be conquered by such love and he will turn in your servant

at that moment ask to him to show universal form

(even if , seeing sri krsna bhagavan, you will realize perfectly also subordinated manifestations of his personality)

Guest guest

He had a major heart attack and begged Krsna to get rid of that ghastly thing.

But, when folks criticized Jimi Hendrix for Axis Bold as Love cover, I sided with Jimi, because he is in that form as well. He did not usurp Krsnas authority, because Virata Rupa is the vision of the entire cosmic manifestation, not necessarily a deity or a recepticle of Love. But I defer to those more knowledgable, If I am wrong, please correct me.

The universal form is not the object of Bhakti.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

a picture of krsna is a murti... who cut the head of a murti to put his head at his place is a great offender

TRANSLATION Bg 11.8

But you cannot see Me with your present eyes. Therefore I give you divine eyes. Behold My mystic opulence!

PURPORT

A pure devotee does not like to see Krsna in any form except His form with two hands; a devotee must see His universal form by His grace, not with the mind but with spiritual eyes. To see the universal form of Krsna, Arjuna is told not to change his mind but his vision. The universal form of Krsna is not very important; that will be clear in subsequent verses. Yet because Arjuna wanted to see it, the Lord gives him the particular vision required to see that universal form.

Devotees who are correctly situated in a transcendental relationship with Krsna are attracted by loving features, not by a godless display of opulences. The playmates of Krsna the friends of Krsna and the parents of Krsna never want Krsna to show His opulences. They are so immersed in pure love that they do not even know that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In their loving exchange they forget that Krsna is the Supreme Lord. In the Srimad-Bhägavatam it is stated that the boys who play with Krsna are all highly pious souls and after many, many births they are able to play with Krsna. Such boys do not know that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. They take Him as a personal friend. Therefore Sukadeva Gosvämé recites this verse:

itthaà satäà brahma-sukhänubhütyä

däsyaà gatänäà para-daivatena

mäyäçritänäà nara-därakeëa

säkaà vijahruù kåta-puëya-puïjäù

“Here is the Supreme Person, who is considered the impersonal Brahman by great sages, the Supreme Personality of Godhead by devotees, and a product of material nature by ordinary men. Now these boys, who have performed many, many pious activities in their past lives, are playing with that Supreme Personality of Godhead.” (Srimad-Bhägavatam 10.12.11)

The fact is that the devotee is not concerned with seeing the viçva-rüpa, the universal form, but Arjuna wanted to see it to substantiate Krsna’s statements so that in the future people could understand that Krsna not only theoretically or philosophically presented Himself as the Supreme but actually presented Himself as such to Arjuna. Arjuna must confirm this because Arjuna is the beginning of the paramparä system. Those who are actually interested in understanding the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and who follow in the footsteps of Arjuna should understand that Krsna not only theoretically presented Himself as the Supreme, but actually revealed Himself as the Supreme.

The Lord gave Arjuna the necessary power to see His universal form because He knew that Arjuna did not particularly want to see it, as we have already explained.

a picture of krsna is a murti... who cut the head of a murti to put his head at his place is a great offender

I agree with this. He placed himself as the start , the prime and central point of the universal form, a position only the Supreme Lord can occupy. The the next two on either side were occupied by his band mates.

Guest guest

it was not soon after this display of hubris that poor jimmy was dead and his band disbanded.

got it coming, so to speak.

BTW, whatever happened to mahavisnu john mc laughlin; another one who thought to usurp Krsna's place?

VdK

Guest guest

I accept that some see Jimis arrogance, but long after axis, he produced rainbow bridge, which had devotees and Harinama Samkirtana prominantly and favorably displayed throughout.

And, there is really no beginning or end of the universal form, and Krsnas head wasnt cut off. Krsna means all attractive, and arjuna was REPULSED by the form. It was a vision of aghast, not universal lovability, as described by Srila Prabhupada. Had Hendrix placed his head at the head of arjunas chariot, I would agree, but grab your gita and look at all the heads of this form. Some are not so nice, there are great asuras as well as demigods featured here. so Hendrix was not way out of bounds here, and certainly did not die because of this album cover. He died because he took birth, just like every writer and reader here.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Jimmy was just stoned and mesmerized by the picture of Viswavarup as we all were, I think he just wanted to blow minds with one upmanship, those guys took so much acid they wouldn't know what they were doing half the time, it was probably the crazy artist that worshipped Jim with such Godlike reverence that offered it to him. I don't think they had any conception of impersonalist imposters at the time. Like Srila Prabhupad said even Ghandavas grapple with their gift.

Hawaii was full of hybrid western mystics that were playing with a newly discovered energy like a kitten plays with a cobra. There may have even been a few fallen demigods amongst them. I mean it's probably the closest thing to the heavenly planets on ours. Also closest to the brahmajhoti so you were bound to get a lot a wayward souls getting a little mixed up as to what was up and down and what they were experiencing, untill Srila Prabhupad arrived and straightened out some of those kundalini catastrophes.

I would have loved to hear Prabhupads comments if he saw that album cover.

Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada said that spiritual paintings are windows of the spiritual world, so if under the guidance of the spiritual master or vedic scriptures a devotee paints a spiritual scene we have to respect it as an authorized bona fide vision of the spiritual world

the jimi hendrix offence, was without doubt an offence and not a preaching about the fact that everyone of us is obviously in the universal form.. obviously, like all the inhabitants of this world in kali yuga, this act does not make jimi hendrix an exclusively asuric personality

everyone of us commits offences and sins.. it is not an exclusive of jimi hendrix.. but we are students, aspiring madyam adhikari, and we have to discriminate when an act is good and when an act is bad

Guest guest

I agree Prabhupads original artizan disciples like most of his disciples were very empowered to spread the glories of the Lords pastimes. They all deserve some credit for even recognizing such a great soul. There was definately some divine alchemy going on, no wonder he was a chemist.

The difference with Jim and us is that he put it right in our face, whereby most of us keep it quietly under wraps.

There are far worse 'I am God' viruses assideously invading peoples consciousness in the world today than this transgression.

He just got gold and fame like most rock stars to fullfill his fantasies of electric ladylands. What's new?

Guest guest

Also, how can one make such "offence". Jimi was a searching soul, and extreeeeemely humble, despite his fame. Others sucked him dry because he was very detached from his so-called fame. He just wanted to make sound vibration (and that he did, take it from ol mahak). When he died, he was thru with bands. He wanted to do orchestra, with zubin mehta pointing to him so he could take his turn.

If jimi was a devotee, even then the offence would be considered minor, because beginner devotees are prone to such offence. Who among us, back then, wanst into some sort of coffee table mysticism? Personally, I thought the actor who played Tommy in the authorized rock opera (ca 1969) was Jesus. And the silver pinball was God. And yes, this was serious miscalculation, but was rectified later on when things were straightened out by an authorized representative of the Real God.

Like I say, the depiction of Harinama Samkirtana in Rainbow bridge, made just a coupla months before his untimely death (murder), more than made up for his mysticizing he did for his second album cover.

He was tuned into sound, I saw it, if one sees the last few frames of woodstock, where jimi is doing the star spangled banner, one can see tears flowing from his eyes, and he often noted that the sound comes from elsewhere than from him or his guitar. (He said it came from Jupiter) And he got that sound from a blond fender princeton tube amp, try to duplicate!!!. No one can, though thousands of wannebes have tried with much more modern equipment with digital doodads that he never used.

mad mahax

Guest guest

Is one, not a bunch of personalities. Virata rupa is the form of the one-quarter section of this realm, a form of the universal mind.

Krsna it the fountainhead of all forms, including Virata Rupa, but he is also aloof from all forms other than the cowherd of Goloka Vrndavana.

Haribol, ys, mahak

Guest guest

He died because he took birth, just like every writer and reader here.

----------------------------

Yeah, duryodhana also died, simply because he took birth. the entire war was just for nothing - he was never offensive and never did anything wrong. after all, it was part of the plan - krsna's pastime.

with Jimmy, I merely stated that soon after he did that, he was dead. you seem to make the connection. Pity he was no muslim, than we could truly have a go at him.

VdK.

Hi there!!!!!!!! the only way to see the universal form of lord is to become a political figure only sadhu, and gurus will reach that stage and we as human has no chance to face the lord!!!! why because we are not supreme as sadhus r!!!!!!!we humans did some sins such as killing flys,mosiess,spiders.cockroaches!!!!!! man we should wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but why Vastu dev created a confusing land within our backyard and if we want to build our home the vastu dev must be prayed.I was born an inocent and nothing knowing about Vatu Dev!!!!!!!!

Hi there it will be great to open the 3rd but krisna didi not mention the bija mantra of om, or aum to open the 3 rd eye to see the unsen , to know the unknown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! practice makes perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Om is all good and 99% of all mantras starts with OMMMMM or AUMMMMMMMM try and be good do not see the universe as darkness it is all light if darkesee comes closer just shuuuuuuut with om shuuuuuuuu it will disperr!!!!!!

Hi there nice one you said! yes politics are number one!!!!!!! we really have no chance to have a glimpse of our favorite god caus he is a politician and only non sinners will may reach!!!!!!! we as humans are just like insects!!!!!!!!!gurus.pandits may go to thier lod/s but we as humans have no chance!!!!!!!!!

If you are a true and pure devotee, and love krishna above all things.. he will come. you cant force him! Krishna has to be sure you love him above all things, and he will test you. This is where most lose hope, when he doesnt appear they lose faith. Krishna will test his devotee until the final day of beautitude.