IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

global change in consciousness/3rd WW

Rate this topic

I have some discussion with some devotees that told me there will be a major change in global consciousness very soon. Some even told me it is predicted for 2012 or 2016.

Some friend told me his spiritual master read in some puranas that the message of Sri Caitanya will really reach people after a 3rd world war.

Do some of you have some vedic references about this ?

Of course i don't want this to become an apocalyptic speculation like some many crazy freaks are doing, but seriously, what do you think about all this ?

Guest guest

i heard 2011. i don't think there's any scriptural prrof, apart from Book of Bhrigu maybe.

who knows? All we can do is Love God.

From Geek.

Guest guest

2012 is derived from the maya calendar, which says that then the fifth sun will come.

if a devotee says this is true, he has no faith in Caitanya, who said that such is irrelevant, but that krsna consciousness is the ultimate thing to focus on. Chant and be happy.

if the change comes, it is time enough. if not, there is nothing lost.

frankly, i am rather exasperated with devotees who come up with things from other systems and beliefs and try to add this in krsna consciousness.

hodge-podge is not the same and is also not ver respectful towards your own guru, who never told you to add things from other systems and beliefs.

let us stick to harinama sankirtan and not worry about the world going to end or change today, for it is already tomorrow in Australia.

Guest guest

"for it is already tomorrow in Australia. "

unless you're already in australis /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

Here we go again! What is it with some devotees and the end of world. Hands up who remembers the Year 2000 bug? Wasn't the world gonna fall apart? Weren't airplanes supposed to fall from the sky? Didn't some people even sell their homes and stock pile food? Well we all know nothing happened. Just chant Hari Nama and leave the conspiracy theories to wackos.

How to be undisturbed by it all is the question. A self realized soul will not be shaken even at the universal destruction. How many times has the universe come and gone? Does it matter to us? Are we disturbed by some material commotion of the past? No. Because we don't perceive it affecting us to day. There is no sense of a threat about something that occured in the long distant past because we are not there. Similarly this world of the present time is really very distant to the self. Just like there is no need to fear a threat from yesterdays dream there is no reason to fear today's. They both exist far from the reality of the self-realized.

TRANSLATION

I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths.

PURPORT

Generally the distressed, the needy, the intelligent and the inquisitive, who have performed some pious activities, worship or begin to worship the Lord. Others, who are thriving on misdeeds only, regardless of status, cannot approach the Supreme due to being misled by the illusory energy. Therefore, for a pious person, if there is some calamity there is no other alternative than to take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord. Constantly remembering the lotus feet of the Lord means preparing for liberation from birth and death. Therefore, even though there are so-called calamities, they are welcome because they give us an opportunity to remember the Lord, which means liberation.

One who has taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord, which are accepted as the most suitable boat for crossing the ocean of nescience, can achieve liberation as easily as one leaps over the holes made by the hoofs of a calf. Such persons are meant to reside in the abode of the Lord, and they have nothing to do with a place where there is danger in every step.

This material world is certified by the Lord in the Bhagavad-gétä as a dangerous place full of calamities. Less intelligent persons prepare plans to adjust to those calamities without knowing that the nature of this place is itself full of calamities. They have no information of the abode of the Lord, which is full of bliss and without trace of calamity. The duty of the sane person, therefore, is to be undisturbed by worldly calamities, which are sure to happen in all circumstances. Suffering all sorts of unavoidable misfortunes, one should make progress in spiritual realization because that is the mission of human life. The spirit soul is transcendental to all material calamities; therefore, the so-called calamities are called false. A man may see a tiger swallowing him in a dream, and he may cry for this calamity. Actually there is no tiger and there is no suffering; it is simply a case of dreams. In the same way, all calamities of life are said to be dreams. If someone is lucky enough to get in contact with the Lord by devotional service, it is all gain. Contact with the Lord by any one of the nine devotional services is always a forward step on the path going back to Godhead.

Guest guest

I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths.

-_______---_________---____-------_____-----___---

Thank you for keeping us on track otherwise Maya will take us for a tailspin....

Kunti is keeping us all on track as long as we keep hearing. It is so easy to get knocked off. From anticipation of receiving some promised pleasure to worrying about terror about to befall us. I find it overwhelming myself. It's just all too much.

Guest guest

Kunti is keeping us all on track as long as we keep hearing. It is so easy to get knocked off. From anticipation of receiving some promised pleasure to worrying about terror about to befall us. I find it overwhelming myself. It's just all too much.

Don't break down in public Prabhu we need you to stand strong.

It'll all pass.

Be like Kunti devi and Prahlad Maharaj.

It's not too much, rather there's not enough, I'm still bogged down in those old samskaras so bring it on.

WHATEVER IT TAKES to move this stubborn mule out of the bog Lord. Don't let me procrastinate.

There's a serial stalker called Death out there somewhere, and he's got my number and file of lethargy and easelovin'.

Guest guest

Is all around me, just like 32 & 1

But most of all it's inside me

As Tim Buckley sang in 'No man can find the War'

Photographs of guns and flame

Scarlet skull and distant game

Bayonet and jungle grin

Nightmares dreamed by bleeding men

Lookouts tremble on the shore

But no man can find the war

Tape recorders echo scream

Orders fly like bullet stream