IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

And Now For Something Completely Different

Rate this topic

The above link has been restored. Born a few years before Srila Prabhupada, this Mississippi folk/blues singer seemed to have an idea about the message of the age. I play this song at my desk at work a lot for the westerners, along with My Sweet Lord. I found that singing with the song can be quite ecstatic. It's a good message which all religious people seem to enjoy hearing, whether they be Christian or Muslim or Vaishnava.

Guest guest

Very sweet, very humble presentation. No hidden messages here, very clear.

Concerning the Psalm 40 on my website, there is a serious omission which I intend to correct soon. King David is telling us that he did not keep quiet in the assembly, that he was always spreading this Holy Name of the Supreme Lord. This Blues icon is not keeping quiet.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

I have sung Your Name in the great congregation; indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O Lord, You Yourself know. I have not hidden Your Name within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your loving kindness and Your truth from the great congregation.

I really liked this, as an old fan of both John Hurt and the holy name. (I saw Hurt in concert once in the mid 60s, and I also went to a Pete Seeger concert in '64 where Mr. Hurt was in the audience. and Seeger asked him to sing a couple of numbers. He was great! Also, Elizabeth Cotton, author of "Freight Train," was there, and she sang, too.)