IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Brahma had to tell Rama who He was

Rate this topic

In Valmiki Ramayana, it is written Sita entered into fire to prove her chastity. Various gods eulogized Rama by calling Him Visnu and in many other ways. Rama said, “I consider myself to be a man, Rama, the son of Dasaratha. Let lord Brahma tell me who I am, whose son, and where I come from.”

Why did Rama talk as if He did not know who He really was?

Guest guest

The leela of the Lord cannot be understood by our small minds. Perhaps Ram was trying to show how humans should act and therefore needed to portray himself as a "mere" human being? I don't know... all i know is that we can think of 2 or 3 reasons but we'll never really understand.

Rama is supposed to be the ideal human ruler. The ideal ruler does not let personal life interfere with his duty to the country.

In contrast, Lord Krishna married the 16,000 queens who had been kidnapped, not caring a bit for public opinion! (even though He was "not supposed" to marry a woman who had stayed in the house of a male not in her family) He didn't care, because Krishna is God.

Rama is also God, but God as the perfect example of man.

Krishna is God, as the perfect incarnation of God who accept EVERYONE as His devotee no matter what society may think, etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, Rama also promised that He will protect anyone who comes to Him, but the thing with Sita was to show that even though He loved His wife, the country had to take precedence over personal relationships, to set an example.