IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What is Garuda Puranam ?

Rate this topic

from http://garuda-purana.puranas.org/

Garuda Purana. This is in the form of instructions to Garuda by Vishnu. This deals with astronomy, medicine, grammar, and with the structure and qualities of diamonds.

This Purana is dear to Vaishnavites. The latter half of this Purana deals with life after death. The Hindus of north-India generally read this Purana while cremating the bodies of the dead. This has given great importance to the origin of Garuda. There are eight thousand verses in this book. This book should be given as gift along with an image in gold of a swan to get prosperity.

Guest guest

Hello,

U can visit www.urday.com for information about Garuda Puranam. U can go to the puranas section in the home page where u can select Garuda Purana. However , In that there is no mention of the 'types' of punishments that were meted out in film 'Aparichitudu' or 'Anniyan'. But they do mention the circumstances under which a person can be punished.They also mention how a sinner can atone for his punishments.

Happy reading.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

In garuda Purana there are different kinds of punishments with their names,can i get these names of punishments with their parikaram?Where can i get these details.

Can you pls guide me.Kindly mail to siddhu_2000@excite.com for in fo on the same.I ned the names of punishments and their nature,parikarams..etc...

Kindly mail me the details.

Thanks & Regards

Siddharth N C

Guest guest

sir, i

want 2 know about the garuda puranam in which punishmints in naraka(hell)are depicted

Guest guest

Describing how Garuda pleased him with his deep devotion, Lord Vishnu said-- 'During ancient times Garuda once did an austere penance to please me. I appeared before him and expressed my willingness to fulfil anything that he wished for. Garuda wanted to liberate his mother, Vinta from the slavery of Kadru-the mother of serpents. He also wanted to avenge his mother's humiliation at their hands. He also expressed his desire of becoming immortal by having a Purana credited to his name and finally he requested me to give him the privilege of becoming my mount. I blessed Garuda as the result of which all his wishes were fulfilled. Once, on being requested by sage Kashyap, Garuda narrated the divine tales of Garuda Puran to him. Sage Kashyap had once brought back a dead tree back to life with the help of Garudi Vidya- a sacred mantra found in Garuda Puran. Similarly, Garuda too had brought numerous dead creatures back to life with the help of same mantra.'

Guest guest

hey guys....

here is a fact about garuda puraanam that is true....

You should never try to read the book at home u know why?

Some enormous powerful spirits will suround u if they hear this puranam...according to history....Even sages will read the book by the river banks..as they can take a bath immediately after reading it...As powerful souls surrond u and conquer u..That is wat i know frm history..If this info is wrong pls 4 give me.....

If u have any queries regarding this puraanam pls feel free to mail me....at

prasadakshay@.sg ok deal...

Guest guest

hi,

Jay shere krishna

I just want some Information of saravan mass .what is saravan mass why we have fasting in saravan mass .the parson who laid the foundation of fasting (saravan mass)

in saravan mass why shive shanker bhole nath pooja is esstential

kindly tell me Thank you

Guest guest

hi,

Jay shere krishna

hey anyone please tell me

I just want some Information of saravan mass .what is saravan mass why we have fasting in saravan mass .the parson who laid the foundation of fasting (saravan mass)

in saravan mass why shive shanker bhole nath pooja is esstential

kindly tell me Thank you

Guest guest

Saravan mass, or the month of 'Sravan' is traditionally the start of festivities in Hindu calendar. All Hindu festivals end with their respective New Years (whether it is Telugu, Tamil, Kannada or Baisakhi) that typically falls in March-April. What follows is a period of a hard summer when there are no Hindu festivals at all.

Then comes the month of Aadi (or Ashaada) when newly weds are separated and no other auspicious things are planned. The month of Sravan Immediately follows the Aadi and is therefore considered a favorite month for Gods. This is more pronounced because this is also the month of heavy rains, a sign of divine blessings, a month of rich crops, newly weds getting together again after Aadi, all signs of prosperity.

So, as thanksgiving, different cultures in India - Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali observe different traditions of which fasting is a common form of Hindus Thanking Gods by putting themselves to starving, which means humans abstain from material comfort (eating, tasting earthly stuff) and meditate, worship etc.

Guest guest

it is book which is written in a early age who have seen the hell in their dream,

it happens real

the do and donts are calculated by the god and the punishments r given to them,

example a punishment name """saarameyathanam""" this is very vulgar punishment.

here the wolf, fox and other flesh eating animals are driven to the human were they bite and pull all our fleshand bloods,

but they wont let us die,

at the last the human kept without killed so they will feel the pain

and at the last the hell leader will see all the half way left bodies and their suffering s and enjoy it.

The leader of the hell face is visible but it looks so ugly as if a half boiled chicken.

i dont know y this punishment is given for if u know reply me to

arrunprasath@rediffmail.com

name: ArrunPrasath

Guest guest

A holy book read for a weeks time after the death of a person to inspire those who are engaged in Maya jaal. They hear and make some preinciples in life in futyre. But soon after coming out of environment, he/she is involved in dailty routine life which is full of crimes and self interests.

Guest guest

hello sir

I am ullas.M.R from Bangalore, I am re-searching on hindu mythology,I need to no some matters about garuda puranam,& also some other puranam, can you help me! please

If you aggre pls send me a mail.to this address

ullasmr_007@.co.in

thank you

Radhe Krishna,

Garuda puraanam is read during the ten days of mourning after the death of a person.

the yathra of the dead person to the other lokaas in a different sharira is explained.

bhakthas reach the abode of their devatha after the death.

but those who have committed punya and paapa go to swarga and narakaa to enjoy for punyaa and suffer for paapaa respectively.

The yathra to yama loka is described in garuda puraana.

the jeeva is given a sharira called yaathanaa sharira - that is a body for suffering.

in this body which is meant for suffering, until the punisher the yama bhataas consider that the punishment is over, there is no death and only suffering.

Radhe krishna