Oh Oh children of the land

Quicken to the new life

Take my hand

Fly and find the new green bough

Return like the white dove.

He told of death as a done white haze

Taking the lost and the unloved babe

Late too late all the wretches run

These kinds of beasts now counting their days.

Guest guest

I'm sorry not to interupt.Hi im a queen fan and freddy or farok has a sorta different background.His mum and dad were from india in gujurat and the story behind this is a whole century ago persia(now iran) was taken over by muslims and they wanted thee persians to convert(they were zorastrian)so they fled to india where they were excepted.Now (they are called parsees)the parsees are inebidibly indian.On his birth certificate it says he is indian of persian origins.If i'm not mistaken i don think persians are called iranians since the name changed.O.k have a nice day!

Guest guest

Is that when a person says hes Iranian, he is identifying with the present government. Those who call themselves "persians" were more comfortable under the peacock throne of the Pahlavi Family (The Shah's People). This is just from the Iranian / Persian folks Ive met in the USA, all whom are US Citizens, some Z's, some Islamic, a few Bahais as well. (All have US secutity clearances as well, employees of TRW and other high tech firms dealing with ......).

Guest guest

there was a wonderful Hare Krishna temple and Govinda's Restaurant in Tehran.

Maybe when the students overthrow the current government another centre will open.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

FYI: persian & iranian are one and the same. Iran was called Persia up to sixty years ago. the nationality of iranians is still called Persian or Iranian. Furthermore, Freddy Mercury's parents were zorastrians. And yes a great deal of them fled to India to avoid persecution by Arabs (Muslims). However, they moving to India does not change the fact that they are of persian or iranian origin. Finally, the word Iran is as ancient as the word Persia. Furthermore, Parsee or Pars are of Dari (ancient Farsi) Language and it refers to Iranians/Persians/Iran or Persia.

Later

Guest guest

excuse me but i never said the parsees werent iranian or persian or whatever...i just said that parsees do indeed trace their origins to iran but now they are indians. i study parsi culture very much and many parsees say they are proud to be iranians by origin but as well proud to be indians because if it werent for india their culture probably would not have survived. and i know freddies parents were zorastrians,i am not denying anything.also parsee does not mean iranian persian-it was given to the iranians who fled to india.you cant call an iranian from iran a parsee.

Guest guest

also freddie to me looked indian-when he was a child he looked very indian.he also loved indian food

Guest guest

if anybody knows anything on fred's life in india please post something up please.i also want to know what languages he knew besides english-because im sure if you live in india you must know some other language but fred never talked about being educated in india or anything besides england