IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

quick question

Rate this topic

Sri Sankracharya preached Impersonalism to wipe out Buddist Voidisum which was rampant in India.

So where did Mayavadi come from? Who is Archarya of this.

jai sri Nitai!

No funny remarks keep it simple.!

Guest guest

Why think of a specific beginning? Jiva's have always had the choice of sleeping and dreaming various roles in the material world in an attempt to be the central enjoyer or entering deep sleep by residing in Krsna's eternal effulgence. The other option being to enter the variegated spiritual worlds.

These are eternal options.

Weren't many of the principles from the Bhagavatam equi-balanced monists at some point?

Since Lord Siva does not incarnate himself unless there is some special reason, it is very difficult for an ordinary person to contact him. However, Lord Siva does descend on a special occasion when he is ordered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In this regard, it is stated in the Padma PurANa that Lord Siva appeared as a brAhmaNa in the age of Kali to preach the MAyAvAda philosophy, which is nothing but a type of Buddhist philosophy. It is stated in Padma PurANa:

mAyAvAdam asac-chAstraM

pracchannaM bauddham ucyate

mayaiva vihitaM devi

kalau brAhmaNa-mUrtinA

Lord Siva, speaking to PArvatI-devI, foretold that he would spread the MAyAvAda philosophy in the guise of a sannyAsI brAhmaNa just to eradicate Buddhist philosophy. This sannyAsI was SrIpAda SaGkarAcArya. In order to overcome the effects of Buddhist philosophy and spread VedAnta philosophy, SrIpAda SaGkarAcArya had to make some compromise with the Buddhist philosophy, and as such he preached the philosophy of monism, for it was required at that time. Otherwise there was no need for his preaching MAyAvAda philosophy. At the present moment there is no need for MAyAvAda philosophy or Buddhist philosophy, and Lord Caitanya rejected both of them. This KRSNa consciousness movement is spreading the philosophy of Lord Caitanya and rejecting the philosophy of both classes of MAyAvAdI. Strictly speaking, both Buddhist philosophy and SaGkara's philosophy are but different types of MAyAvAda dealing on the platform of material existence. Neither of these philosophies has spiritual significance. There is spiritual significance only after one accepts the philosophy of Bhagavad-gItA, which culminates in surrendering unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Generally people worship Lord Siva for some material benefit, and although they cannot see him personally, they derive great material profit by worshiping him.

SB 4.24.17p

Lecture:

MAyAvAdI... The followers of SaGkara's school, they are generally called MAyAvAdI. And another MAyAvAdI are called the Buddhists. So in the KAzI, in Benares, there were two kinds of MAyAvAdIs. One kind of MAyAvAdI, the Buddhists, they have got still Sarnath. Buddhists temples there are because Lord Buddha, he started his meditation near GayA at about hundred miles off from Benares. Then his disciples established monasteries near KAzI because Benares is well-known sacred place since a very long time, so they also established there. Formerly there was no such animosities between the Hindus and the Buddhists. They were practically on the same platform, but philosophically they were different. Just like the MAyAvAdIs, the followers of SaGkarite, they are still Hindus. They are not out of it. Similarly, Buddhists also were considered as Hindu. But when Buddha religion was completely driven away from India's boundary, then now it is considered another sect. So the KAzI MAyAvAdI means both the Buddhists and the followers of SaGkarites.

They thnk they are God that the seprite idnity is only maya reely they r God but have fergoted onw they must overocme ilushin and be themselfs God they are nuts you know I thouhgt you had a grur now but you still surf guru knows hwat you need he will teach he is on yoour heart isn't ot maybe time to find off-line a little karma yog Prabupada said better to sasociat with tirger than mipresonlist so many nonsense so many wrong hanrufl deas on net you tgake on evrones doutbs best to be reliksed before preach only ego onw escape reponssibiityl Krsna I will not ifght,

But I just happened to be in room. And he Pm'ed me. Most of my association is on-line. I will associate with like minded people. The person was extra nice. Anyway, I take on board your advice. I am treading dangerous path. Seems now the net is full of people trying to expose Iskcon etc. There are some very very sincere devotee trying to preach. And well don't get me angry..

But now I know.

By the way what is up with your text? Is that a message to me? Hey I don't use commas {or coma} anymore.

I just had some Prasadam which I offered to Lord Chaitanya {my mum cooked}. I thought I was dancing while sitting down it tasted so divine! Chanting again which makes me feel more happy.

Ghari:

Prabupada said better to associate with tiger than impersonalist so many nonsense so many wrong harmful ideas on net you takes on nervous doutbts best to be realised before preach only ego.

I think you are right.

If you listen closely you will find the same right here on this board. "Devotees" who want play Krishna -lila as a means to merge.

After we can't visulaize the formless right?, so we have to become devotees as a means to ultimately merge with God, the Brahman. "Oh I just love Krsna sooo muchHe's my chosen form".

Pure poison. What do we think poison will as come to us clearly marked will a skull and crossbones on the label?? No. Maya will try to administer it in a gold covered pitcher marked maha-prasad if that is what it takes to get us to drink.

Be polite and respectful to all. But pray to the Lord in the heart to guide us to hearing only His voice.

Guest guest

Prabhu, I have been around. I am just going through my periodical 'snake shedding it's skin' period. Even a made up name like theist can start to be confused with my actual identity, in my mind and others, so i am trying to step back and reevaluate what i am saying on-line, and also the why and how.

Somehow just posting a guest has allowed my to do that while still running my mouth which i couldn't stopp if i tried. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Especially I have trying to see how i respond to others. What is my general tone? And always, what really is my motive?

I have already been shown areas where needed growth mandatory.

Some people know how to just stick to the proven,well trod path as they climb the mountain. i seem to favor attempting short cuts and ALWAYS get into trouble along the way.

So in short I am trying to get back on track and it looks like I will have to kill the theist conception that is blocking my way.

To battle....UUUU RAAA

"So where did Mayavadi come from?"

Mayavadi philosophy is always a part of every Kali-yuga. It is just one of the pitfalls on the path of liberation. It is as natural as malaria /images/graemlins/wink.gif