IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

any devotees in Fresno, Ca area?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol! I am starved for the company of Krishna bhaktas in my area. Anyone know of devotees in Fresno/Oakhurst, Ca area? I know of Three Rivers but that is not so close. Thanks for help.

I can't say for now but there used to be some in Fresno (I used to live near there (Huntington Lake) but I moved a long time ago). There was a Govinda's restaurant there also. One place for you to start the search is the University. Often times devotee university students will start groups etc. One sure way to find them is go to the school and sit under a tree during changes of classes and have a nice little harinam or play some Prabhupada bhajans on tape player. If you don't meet any devotees that way you just might spark other people's interest in Prabhupada and Krishna.

Are you in Oakhurst or Fresno? Fresno I was never really crazy about but Oakhurst is nice. I used to go hiking in the mountains up by Huntington lake and chant as loudly as I could - the little chipmunks and bears probably still remember me!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look in the phone book - I don't know if the restaurant is still there or not but it is worth a shot.

brought this up:

Fresno, Govinda's, 2373 East Shaw, Fresno

(California) 93710 / Tel. (209) 2251230

Head over to the San Francisco Ratha Yatra in August and start asking around....most likely devotees from miles around will be there.

My old friend Dvarakanath and his wife Krishnapriya live in Fresno. I don't know the level of their practice these days; they may prefer not to be disturbed. However, you'll have more luck if you can get to Visalia. I know that several devotees live there, mostly former residents of Three Rivers or Badger. Unfortunately, I don't have contact information for any of them.

Guest guest

Thank you for help. Govinda's no longer exists in Fresno. I did find a Sai Babba devotee that has the beautiful Krishna Lila picture from that restaurant in his house! So I know for sure there the restaurant is gone. There is a Krishna temple in Clovis I found. I go there hoping to find stray devotees of Prabhupad but no luck so far. The temple priest is Shaivite I think, at least he wears tilak in that manner. I do like to speak to him about Krishna. He says the people who come to this temple are a mixed group, all kinds of paths. I don't really fit in there well so when I do go I try to hit it at times when I can talk to the priest, do japa & sometimes he asks me to sing to Krishna, which is really nice. I will relocate by winter I hope to an area near an Iskcon temple. Only problem is they are usually in cities that are expensive to live in.

Guest guest

Actually I am in Coarsegold temporarily. I will probably relocate. I just hoped while I was here I might find a Krishna consciousness person.

Guest guest

Yes, I know about Three Rivers. Somewhere they have a Sunday feast. I could find out. It is far from where I live. I will be at S.F Rath & L.A Rath. Maybe move to Berkeley or Hawaii. I know devotees there.

yes, I know of the hindu temple in Clovis but never visited there even tho I used to go down to Clovis for supplies about once a month when I was on the mountain.

Try putting an ad in the campus paper...worth a try!