IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Bandwith needed

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna,

wow its late for me.

I need some lectures, but the devotee sending me, can't cause they are too big, if somebody could spare some Internet space {payed for} so I could download say for a week I think, would be great, actually might be an idea, if you can spare anyway, so have them on-line permanant heh.

If you can't forget I asked.

So does this mean when I recieve, I can give the link to others? Is this possible? Or only through my own e-mail it is, just for personal use, might as well make it available for everybody while I am at it, thats if it works!

Put 'em on a website (15 meg storage limit with 3GIG download/mo limit) for each website. I have six such sites.

Rules: you cannnot link a file from another Geocities site, nor can you link another Geocities site of your own (that is, use each 15MEG site to build a monster site without paying). But you can have as many websites as you want. From the outside you cannot link to a specific file unless it is .htm (i.e. you can't just store stuff there for a page elsewhere). You have to make at least a minor change every year so they won't kill the site. These are firm rules - I have already lost one site for stretching rules, and had one killed that remained stagnant over an extended period.

It is not only good for sharing, but also for saving key files in case of a disk crash. As well, it gives you control over the files, which you would not have if they were on someone else's facility. I have access to space on a client's underworked site, but it would be irresponsible for me to give out the password since without coordination we could easily incur excess billing by going over the storage limit. And again, this space is out of my control since they could pack up and leave whenever.

You would have to give out the password to share mail or briefcase. I imagine they will eventually get upset if two computers are trying to log into the same mail account simultaneously, since some are sure to try to use it to provide a free way to share 100MEGs of data. For limited sharing, it might be workable though.

Ok. I tried to upload a Mp3 file, from My Documents but Geocities won't accept it, also others sites as well, small Wav files are ok, like 2 mins, I have 56k speed, I saw you need to change Realplayers files to Ra or something, just gets more complicated, tell me!

File limit is 5megs. No spaces in filename.

Can no longer use FTP with free Geo sites.

But it does seem you can get the files from your contact. That is step one.

I added more notes to the previous messages.

Where are we?

Can you get the files now? Are they still too big for the mailbox?

P.S. You seem to use commas all the time instead of periods, it is very difficult to comprehend sometimes, a little time on your part will save each reader time, the commas convey uncontrollable hankering like that of the chat world, these are good skills to acquire if Srila Puri Maharaja will have you communicating in writing in your service in the future, give us just a little more of your valuable time,

Hare Krsna

The devotee put them FTP server so I am in process of downloading at least a few nectarian lectures and some Bhajans.

My comp is so bogged down that its almost immposible for me to make it do anything 'BIG' so uploading MP3 files right now not good later on.

Commas you said I use a lot of commas your right.

Ok I have to get it out this is the last time ok.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I tried to upload a 4MB Mp3 file to Geocities but it won't work!

It starts then after a while it stops but the e-mail does work so I could do something with that.

Wish it was easy to do..somebody gave me something called Shareaza not sure about it. But if people can use it to download its ok. I think it only works if I am connected to Shareaza. Along the line solution would be to purchase some space and put all my Gurudevas lectures on there if I can do this I would be very very happy.

Its a FTP Programme whatever that is I downloaded it from:

http:www.cuteftp.com

Through it I could remotely access the devotees Lectures which he uploaded onto the FTP.

Problem is the devotee has to be on-line for me to do it so its like what to do? He has all the lectures if your broadband connection your right up there!

Me? 56K But I am not complaining. I doubt the devotee would give out his FTP add on a open Forum lol! Still not found a solution:(

OK I confess, I am the "devotee" (go das /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) with all the lecture mp3's. If anyone wants, I will send the information (IP #, username, and password) to you, but I will only do it privately. I wont release this on a public forum.

Guest guest

Dear Prabhu

I would like to download mp3 lectures , please send me your IP add,username and password on the ftp. Confidentiallity is assured.

my email id is : rajaboina@touchtelindia.net

Your servant

R.Pradeep Kumar

Guest guest

Dear Prabhu

I would like to download mp3 lectures , please send me your IP add,username and password on the ftp. Confidentiallity is assured.

my email id is : sri_ramraj@rediffmail.com

Your servant

Ramraj S