IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Accepted my Guru Maharaja

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I'd like to tell everybody the good news that I have accepted my Guru Maharaja who is called Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaja, I don't want to go into all the details, as yet, but wait for my new spiritual name, I will find out in a few days, I am very very happy to have this oppurtunity, I know that there are only about 5 devotees of Sri Maharaja in the Uk, but that does not bother me, I have been in contact with a lot of diciples of Sri Maharaja, on the internet and recently phone, I hope to have further contact, can't think what else to say yet, but here is nice q and a by Maharaja:

SOME IMPORTANT PRECEPTS OF MY SPIRITUAL MASTER

SRILA BHAKTI VAIBHAVA PURI GOSWAMI MAHARAJ

THROUGH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q:- What is the difference between muttering and chanting the Lord's name ?

A:- Utterance of an incantation with a murmering voice without the movement of the lips is called mutter. But when one chants with the movement of his lips is called kirtan. Kirtan is more beneficial than muttering. Utterance of the Lord's name, quality and pastimes with a loud voice is called chanting.

Q:- What is the first hand information about Krishna and what is the significance of Krishna's name ?

A:- The first hand information about Krishna is His holy name. The name of Krishna has the attractive power and it is the most powerful reality in itself. One should chant Krishna's name for attaining Krishna Himself .

Q:- It has been told that five types of accomplishments are there to attain success in devotional path. Are they not self-sufficient ?

A:- Leaving chanting of Lord's name, no accomplishment is complete in its nature That means leaving chanting, dwelling in Mathura, association with saints are imperfect. Chanting of the Lord's name gives us the fruit of dwelling in Mathura, association with saints, worship of deities and reading Bhagavata.

Q:- It is known that the chanting of the Lord's name is the means as well as the and. How far is it true ?

A:- Lord's grace is the only way to attain accomplishment. Any other kind of deed or knowledge is not counted as the chief accomplishment. The name of the Lord and His person are nondifferent. So the attainment of one's objective is itself the attainment of the Lord as the Lord Himself is in the form of His name.

Q:- What are the favourable situations for chanting the name of the Lord ?

A:- At first we shall be freed from enviousness to the Vaishnavas because it causes misfortune in this material world as well as in the transcendental world. This material world is the testing place. We find here only sorrow. Tolerance, feeling insignificant and praising others are helpful for chanting the Lord's name.

Q:- What is the result of chanting offensive name ?

A:- By chanting offensive name we shall be dragged towards hell. This stands against utterance of transcendental name.

Q:- While chanting the Lord's name mundane thoughts come to our mind. So this chanting becomes valueless. Then how can we be freed from its clutches ?

A:- It is not wise to leave chanting of the Lord's name, thinking that the material thoughts come to our mind while chanting the transcendental name. Gradually by accepting the transcendental name these unnecessary thoughts vanish and the transcendental name will arise as a Sun with its self-eflulgence.

Good to have your thoughts, I've been racking my ity bity brain, but I ended up just praying to Gaura-Nitai, this is the only reason for this, I can find no other, thats included in their devotees as well, like your dear self.

yes, it is all very inspiring. if a guru inspires people to serve Krishna he is definitely empowered /images/graemlins/smile.gif People who cant see the power of such a direct connection are truly unfortunate...

Guest guest

I read this with interest. I am considering finding guru and if you do not mind some questions please.

How did you meet him and how long have you been serving him? How long into your service did he accept you as disciple?

What are his basic instructions? I mean like how many rounds and stuff like that.

You mention the UK in your post. Is that where he is going to inititate you or do you have to travel to India for initiation?

thanks

Mikey

Mikey Prabhuji

I don't want to go into detail, but you can easily contact the personal secretary of Sri Maharaja, he is called Bishnu Swami, his e-mail is located on devotee sites, use google.

Open forum is really not my place to discuss this, its very personal, but I can mention that I am being Initiated,

Ps. I am so happy you are also inspired, please do this and be enthusiastic.

Jaya Sri Gaura-Natai!

These are the rules: /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

1) Chanting 16 rounds per day.

2) Must be full vegetarian, no garlic, no onion, no mushroom.

3) Whatever you cook and whatever you eat is offered to Krsna first, with a Tulasi leaf.

4) No smoking, no drinking (alcohol, wine, coffee, tea, anything caffinated)

5) No gambling.

6) No illicit traffic between men and women. Must be married.

7) No Vaishnava aparadha (no criticism of Vaishnavas/Sadhus)

8) Try to associate with devotees, to learn and serve them. Read shastra daily (Bhagavat Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, Sri Caitanya Bhagavat, etc.)

9) Try to wake up early daily.

10) always be humble with respect to everyone.

These are the rules: /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

1) Chanting 16 rounds per day.

2) Must be full vegetarian, no garlic, no onion, no mushroom.

3) Whatever you cook and whatever you eat is offered to Krsna first, with a Tulasi leaf.

4) No smoking, no drinking (alcohol, wine, coffee, tea, anything caffinated)

5) No gambling.

6) No illicit traffic between men and women. Must be married.

7) No Vaishnava aparadha (no criticism of Vaishnavas/Sadhus)

8) Try to associate with devotees, to learn and serve them. Read shastra daily (Bhagavat Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, Sri Caitanya Bhagavat, etc.)

9) Try to wake up early daily.

10) always be humble with respect to everyone.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Humility that hurts:

<blockquote>The Real Spiritual Master and Disciple

The articles by Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura describe the unearthly character of Srila Gaurakisora das Babaji Maharaja. The descriptions of spiritual leaders by historians and ordinary authors cannot compare to these unique presentations, which preserve the transcendental qualities of Srila Gaurakisora and simultaneously reveal the path by which the rare character of such an immortal personality can be followed.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura brings to light how we pretentiously approach the spiritual master, feigning advancement, pregnant with arrogance, and intoxicated by desires for sense gratification. The neophyte devotee is always in a precarious situation. Due to a poor fund of knowledge and lack of faith, he has the tendency to imitate. By studying the instructions of Srila Gaurakisora one can learn how to escape the jaws of false renunciation and offensive mockery. In other words, the present level of our spiritual advancement is made obvious upon hearing the highly renounced example of Srila Gaurakisora dasa Babaji.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur describes himself before his meeting Srila Gaurakisora dasa Babaji: "I have been busy within this material world trying to bring sense gratification within the grasp of my hand. I have often thought that by obtaining the object of sense gratification, all my shortcomings will be fulfilled. I often attained different assets that were indeed very rare, but my own personal shortcomings were never mitigated. In this material world I have had the association of very high class, aristocratic persons. However, seeing their various deficiencies, I could not offer them praise. The most merciful Supreme Lord, Sri Gourasundara, seeing me in such a lamentable condition at such a time of diversity, gave permission to His two dearmost devotees to grant their blessings to me. Because I was always intoxicated with a worldly false ego, wanting again and again self-aggrandizement, I deprived myself of my own real benefit. But because of the influence of my previous births' activities in devotional service, I came into the association of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura, who was the form of my spiritual well wisher.

"My spiritual master would go and visit Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura and many times would reside with him. Srila Bhaktivinode, out of his compassion for other living entities, pointed out my spiritual master, Srila Gaurakisora dasa Babaji. Upon seeing my spiritual master, the extent of worldly false ego diminished. I know that all the other living entities who have taken the human form of life were also fallen and low like myself. But by gradually observing the spiritual character of my master, I realized that only a Vaisnava could reside in this material world and be of exemplary character." </blockquote>