IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

If this were my last post just before leaving my body...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(1) Useless talks

(not about Lord Hari)

(2) Arguments

(godless quarrels like nyaya & vaisesika not based on the Vedas)

(3) Gossip

(talking about other people to establish one’s reputation)

(4) Debates

(desire for conquest)

(5) Fault-finding in others

(imposing one’s bad habits on others)

(6) Speaking falsehoods

(because of one’s self-interest)

(7)Blaspheming devotees

(the worst)

(8) Worldly talk

(devoid of God consciousness)

hehe

It would be nice to see the other list!

What to do.

:)

"When one hears or describes with great faith the pastimes of Lord Krsna,

such as His rasa dance with the gopis, the disease of lusty desires in his

heart and the agitation caused by the three modes of material nature are

immediately nullified, and he becomes sober and silent. Antya 5.45-46:deal:

"'A transcendentally sober person who, with faith and love, continually

hears from a realized soul about the activities of Lord Krsna in His rasa

dance with the gopis, or one who describes such activities, can attain full

transcendental devotional service at the lotus feet of the Supreme

Personality of Godhead. Thus lusty material desires, which are the heart

disease of all materialistic persons, are for him quickly and completely

vanquished.' Antya 5.48:deal:

"Certainly one who is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead should never,

even within his mind, imitate the activities of the transcendental rasa-lila

of Krsna. If out of ignorance one does so, he will be destroyed, just as if

he were to imitate Lord Siva, who drank poison produced from the ocean."

(10.33.30):deal:

Like Krsnadasa Kaviraja Maharaja:

"A devotee is naturally very humble, and even if he is highly elevated he does not consider himself to be so. A practical example is found in the life of the author of the Caitanya-caritamrta, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami. He was a vastly learned scholar and a first-class devotee, yet he still referred to himself as the lowest of mankind, lower than the bacteria in the stool. He wrote that he was so sinful that no one should even utter his name, lest that person fall down! Of course, when a great devotee speaks this way, we should not believe that he is actually in the lower status of life; we should rather take it as evidence that out of humility a pure devotee never thinks he is elevated. He always thinks he is in the lowest status of spiritual life."

So there is no need of very, becoming very learned man, Vedantist and...

Simply these things are required: you become innocent, accept the Supreme

Personality of Godhead, and fall down at His lotus feet. Everything is

complete. This is wanted, simplicity. Simplicity. Believe in Krsna. As Krsna

said, mattah parataram nanyat kincid asti dhanan... [bg. 7.7], believe it!

There is no more superior authority than Krsna.

And He says, man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru [bg. 18.65].

This is the instruction. This is the substance of all instruction. Believe

Krsna, the Supreme Personality. Here is Krsna. Believe that there is Krsna.

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.5 -- Mayapur, February 25, 1977

Left in that state by His mother, Krsna became very angry, and His lips and eyes became red in rage. He pressed His teeth and lips, and taking up a piece of stone, He immediately broke the butter pot. He took butter out of it, and with false tears in His eyes, He began to eat the butter in a secluded place.

If we are constantly inspired with the duty of discoursing about the truth under the guidance of Sri Guru,

then no hankering after traveling, nor any veiled form of desire other than the chanting of Hari-Nama will ever strike any terror in our hearts.:pray:

— Lecture given in Madras, 18 March 1933

<center>nice%20flower%20line%20up.gif

shelter.jpg

Burning Shattered Devasted Abducted

nice%20flower%20line%20up.gif

The Prema-vivarta of Sri Jagadananda</center>

My heart was constantly burning in the fire of worldly desires, just like a desert scorched by the rays of the sun, but Sri-Nama, entering the core of my heart through the holes of my ears, has showered unparalleled nectar upon my soul.

Sri-Nama speaks from within my heart, moves onto the tip of my tongue, and constantly dances on it in the form of transcendental sound. My throat becomes choked up, my body shivers again and again, and my feet cannot remain still.

Rivers of tears flow from my eyes, perspiration soaks my body, all my skin thrills with rapture, my hairs stand on end, and my complexion turns pale and discolored.

My mind grows faint, I begin to experience devastation, and my whole body is shattered by a flood of ecstatic emotions.

While causing such an ecstatic disturbance, Sri-Nama showers liquid nectar on my heart, and drowns me in the ocean of divine prema. He does not allow me to understand anything, but makes me into a madman by stealing away my mind and all my resources.

Such is the behavior of Him of whom I have taken shelter. I am not capable of completely describing Him.

Sri-Krsna Nama is independent and acts as His sweet will dictates. In whatever way He becomes happy, that is also the main-stay of my happiness.

Sri-Nama is the bud of the lotus of prema, and the abode of astonishing rasa. Such is the power that He manifests that when He begins to blossom only a little further, He reveals His own divine form and qualities. Thus, my heart is abducted and taken into the presence of Sri Krsna.

Now blossoming fully, the prema flower of Sri-Nama takes me to Vraja, and reveals to me the pastimes of His own love dalliance. Nama gives me my own siddha-deha, keeps me by the side of Krsna, and then He completely destroys everything related to this mortal frame of mine.

The name of Krsna is a gem that fulfills all divine aspirations (cintamani) and a mine of all bhakti-rasa. He is eternally liberated, and He is the embodiment of suddha-rasa. When all impediments for the chanting of suddha-nama are destroyed, then my happiness will know its true awakening.

Krishna explains this to Uddhava:

"The material body certainly moves under the control of supreme destiny and therefore must continue to live along with the senses and vital air as long as one's karma is in effect.

A self-realized soul, however, who is awakened to the absolute reality and who is thus highly situated in the perfect stage of yoga, will never again surrender to the material body and its manifold manifestations, knowing it to be just like a body visualized in a dream.

All results of fruitive work have been arranged within this world by Me, the supreme creator acting as the force of time. Thus one sometimes rises up toward the surface of this mighty river of the modes of nature and sometimes again submerges.

A person exhibiting qualities such as self-control is understood to be predominantly in the mode of goodness. Similarly, a passionate person is recognized by his lust, and one in ignorance is recognized by qualities such as anger." :pray:

...4 3 2 1< KRSNA!:pray:

Who can go beyond the 4 defects, the 3 modes and the 2-fold duality of matter and spirit in order to rise to the Supreme 1 KRSNA???:pray:

So many 000000000000000's all useless unless you put 1 KRSNA in front.:pray::namaskar:

— This article, written by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur, was taken from "Sri Bhaktivinoda Vani Vaibhava", compiled under the direct order of His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur by Sripada Sundarananda Vidyavinoda; English rendition produced and published by Isvara das.

[The following was published in Sajjana-toshani ("The Harmonist"), 15/1 and addresses the unhappy state of affairs in the house that Srila Prabhupada established some 40 years ago, a phenomenon that is a recurring theme in the lives of the great acharyas and devotees. We have all seen how shortly after the departure of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, quarrels and ambition erupted in his movement, which has since disintegrated. This happened likewise to the Gaudiya Math Society founded by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur. It happened also to the preaching mission of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur was a very powerful preacher and set a wave into motion that inundated Bengal with Krishna consciousness, but then suddenly, everything turned around, and so many opposing elements appeared, overwhelming his preaching efforts. In this autobiographical note, written as if it were a journal entry, Srila Bhaktivinoda explains the events that led him to withdrawing from preaching and taking to a solitary existence in abhajan-kutir. He reveals that his preaching had become ineffective to check the disturbances, and that he had become heavy hearted to see it. At last he went to Puri, and there had a revelation that was to console him and confirm that the only recourse under such circumstances is to constantly recite or sing the holy names, which alone can purify the hearts of the living entities so that they will become receptive once more to Krishna consciousness in a future lifetime.]

"Today we are sitting inside a bhajana-kutir at Sri Purushottama-kshetra. Why are we living in this faraway place, leaving the great city of Calcutta, which is full of people and learned communities? A long time ago, when we published this magazine Sajjana-toshani, I had a desire in my heart. I thought that the more this pure Vaishnava religion is spread through this magazine, the more the people of the world would benefit. We began to work with a free mind. Many educated gosvamis and babajis of Bengal came and pledged to help us. Some learned impersonalists joined us, and being overwhelmed by the beauty of devotional service, they began to help spread pure Vaishnavism. After hearing nice instructions regarding Vaishnavism, materialists also became attracted. Professional singers and players floated in the waves of pure hari-kirtan and considered themselves fully satisfied. Gradually many assemblies for chanting the holy names of Hari were established in villages and cities. In this way, the glories of pure Vaishnavism filled the hearts of the inhabitants of Bengal and overwhelmed everyone by their beauty and sweetness. On seeing such an unexpected response from the people of Bengal, we bgan to peach pure Vaishnavism with more and more enthusiasm.

Then by the influence of time, a sudden change took place. The glow-wormlike superstitions that were hidden in the scorching heat of the sun of Vaishnavism suddenly took various forms and came from four directions. The demoniac religious principle in the form of Mayavada, which was immersed within the deep water of forgetfulness for some time, again surfaced in the form of discourses, taking shelter of the boat of the smarta teachers. At the same time, some Indian and foreign yogis appeared as supporters of thesmartas and created a revolution in the world of religion. Moreover, some useless people, who were fond of sense gratification, took shelter of unauthorized religious practices and began to create disturbance in society, identifying themselves as sahajiyas and baulas. Displaying the limit of their sinful propensity, a few wormlike people, who take pleasure in the stool of fame, began to advertise themselves as "the incarnation of the Lord" in the society of fools. Some other people even accepted names befitting a Vaishnava, acted as acharyas, and began to spread ideas that were opposed to Vaishnavism as if they were the religious principles of Vaishnavas.

After seeing all such unimaginable activities, our hearts began to shatter. When we try to search for the cause of such a change, we suddenly remember the following verse written by Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvatipada, "The age of Kali is formidable and the senses of the human beings are very powerful. Now the path of devotional service is full of millions of thorns. Where shall I go? What shall I do? I am completely helpless without the mercy of Gaurachandra."

While crying and speaking in this way, I went to the birthplace of the Lord at Sri Mayapura. Still my mind did not become peaceful. Thereafter I left my place in search of the Lord and after arriving at Puri, I began to roll on the goldlike sand. At that time, the Lord informed me in my heart,

"O well-wisher of the devotees. May you obtain peace! The nature that the living entities have developed, according to their respective karma from birth after birth in this world, influences them to engage in fruitive activities. Until desires opposed to devotional service are destroyed from the heart, no amount of good instruction can bring any auspiciousness. Such instructions will simply come out of the ear-holes and will not enter into the heart. No amount of preaching to them or discussing devotional service will produce a good result because of their bad karma. Your discourses and discussions will therefore not yield any result. My order to you is that you should live at the place where I kept My dear Haridasa and where I loudly chanted the holy names of the Lord. You should constantly sing the glories of the holy names for the benefit of the fallen souls. As a result of the piety that people will achieve by hearing from you, and the faith they will develop, they will attain unduplicitious faith in pure devotional service in a future lifetime." :pray:

Following these instructions of our beloved Lord Sri Krishna Chaitanya, we built our bhajan-kutir in the tract of land surrounded by huge waves.