IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

"...take the essence..."

Rate this topic

I was going to post this on the thread Autumn started on literalism but I can't find it for some reason even after searching previous pages.

SB 12.3.14: Sukadeva Gosvami said: O mighty Pariksit, I have related to you the narrations of all these great kings, who spread their fame throughout the world and then departed. My real purpose was to teach transcendental knowledge and renunciation. Stories of kings lend power and opulence to these narrations but do not in themselves constitute the ultimate aspect of knowledge.

Bhumi to Prthu:

SB 4.18.2: My dear Lord, please pacify your anger completely and hear patiently whatever I submit before you. Please turn your kind attention to this. I may be very poor, but a learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower.

Right there! That's what Bhumi was taking about. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The Bhagavatam in nature and right before our eyes if only we had the eyes to see.

Float like a butterfly

Drink nectar like a bee