IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Krita Karma prabhu leaves his body

Rate this topic

For some reason when someone you know passes on death is seen as much more the stark reality vs. the subject of armchair philophizing.

Although I hadn't run into him in the last year the last time I did he had obviously developed a renewed enthusiasm for preforming devotional service.

I know he went through some difficult circumstances in the last several years. But somehow he always seemed Krishna conscious even in his lifes rough points. He would seem to lament his inability to follow in such a way as to always be remembering Krishna.

Due to Krishna's personal watch over this devotee I can only imagine the glorious fate that awaits him. But even knowing that I can't help but feel a certain loss today upon hearing this.

Hare Krishna

Kritakarma was my very close friend, so the news came as quite a shock. But at the same time I am happy because I am certain he has gone to Krishna and is experiencing the spiritual reality that the rest of us can only read about.

The amount of service he did in Berkeley, Vrindavan and Los Angeles for Srila Prabhupada is immeasurable. He loved to do the hardest and most menial services, like cleaning, gardening, etc., though he also served as pujari (in Berkeley), in life membership (in Los Angeles), as Bhakta Program Leader (in Vrindavan) and as temple president of Vrindavan temple.

I knew someone by that name in Berkeley. And he had lived in L.A. where I met him. (Very friendly guy. Animated I'd say.) Did the Kritakarma you guys are talking about have a pet parrot?

Yes, that is him, though around 1 year ago he gave away the pet parrot on the advice of Srila Narayana Maharaja.

Krita Karma prabhu leaves his body

by Advaita Prabhu das

Posted April 30, 2004

Krita Karma was much loved by all the devotees passing through Vrindavan in the late seventies and eighties, where he worked night and day to serve the Vaishnavas visiting the dham. He was renowned and admired for his humility and tireless service attitude. Dozens of devotees from all over the world -- Italy, France, UK, America, Germany, Yugoslavia, Switzerland, Italy, Holland, Spain, Australia, South America and and numerous other countries including even the Middle East -- joined ISKCON in Vrindavan under his guidance while he was bhakta leader, a phenomenon that has never reoccurred on that scale since he left the dham. In this Krita Karma fulfilled Srila Prabupada's vision of Vrindavan as a place where people from all over the world could come and take up the process of Krishna Consciousness. His departure from this world will be lamented by all those who remember his enthusiastic and indefatigable service, especially by those whom he made devotees, such as myself, by dint of his inspiration and example. Krita Karma especially loved the Jagannatha deities in Berkeley, whom he served while on Visnujan's Sankirtana party, and returned to Berkeley after he left the dham. We pray that Lord Jagannatha may remember only his devotional service and overlook any failings he may have had.

....Jai.

I am realising more and more that they are all leaving us. Everyone will eventually go back home to serve srila prabhupad and lord Krsna.

Right now we are saying we know someone who knew/associated/travled with prabhupad, but soon other generations will say we knew someone who knew someone who knew prabhupad and so on.

Our spiritual warriors are slowely accomplishing their duty's. I just hope we can serve prabhupad in any manner that resembles close to theirs.

We are the future of Srila Prabhupad's movement.

We should train ourselves now while there is still time.

Prabhupad is still here, his words. He is here in his books lets read his books.

Krita Karma prabhu is someone I have never met, heard of or thought of before but all my respects and obesensies unto you for serving prabhupad.

Hare Krsna

Haridham

[From Bay Area devotees]

Sriman Kritakarma Prabhu’s Memorial Service

We invite all well-wishers of Shriman Kritakarma Prabhu, to join us in celebrating his life and spirit. Please come to share your memories and prayers for his auspicious new journey.

A small gathering will take place this Monday, May 3rd, on the auspicious Appearance Day of Sri Nrsinghadev, at 944 Aileen St., Oakland, CA 94608 (Between Market & Lowell) For more info. contact Vishwambhara das

(510)708-3886 or Kasturi Manjari dasi at (510)595-7696.

In addition, a much more in-depth memorial service will be held in Badger under the auspices of Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja. We hope that you will bless these occasions with your kind affections and presence.

Sriman Kritakarma Prabhu was one of the most senior devotees and diksa disciples of Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in the San Francisco Bay Area and was a siksa disciple of Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja. He has been a steady and enthusiastic member of the Bay Area sangha, always ready to render service with utmost humility however he could. He was one of the most fearless and bold preachers, always ready to share the glories and message of our Rupanuga Gaudiya Guru Varga and Shriman Mahaprabhu’s gaura-vani, even at the cost of being excluded from the local temple and the beautiful Deities, to whom he was so deeply attached. He was deeply attached to Srila Prabhupada and to Srila Prabhupada’s dearest and nearest friend Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja. He was often in the crossfire of controversy, because he never feared to speak the bold truth. He was one of BHAKTI Trust’s regional book distributors in Northern California along with Kavidatta Prabhu. Kritakarma Prabhu was in his late 50’s and he served in ISKCON of the Bay Area as head pujari during the years when Srila Prabhupada was instructing him, and then he served as Temple President in ISKCON Vrndaban for many years, after which he served at ISKCON LA for about 8 years as a pujari and as a coordinator and preacher for Life Membership program.

He actively preached, deeply studied the Gaudiya Vaishnava philosophy and lectured on Srila Bhaktivinoda's Jaiva Dharma and other books. Even though his financial situation was challenging he worked very hard so that he could cover the cost of the books, which he happily distributed for free. He vigorously preached with much enthusiasm, faith and conviction. He freely shared with everyone the inspiration and knowledge he received without any inhibition. He was a true warrior for Mahaprabhu’s movement, and had very much compassion for those in a suffering condition.

He was deeply attached to the service of Sri Sri Radha Gokulananda at ISKCON Berkeley, Whom he had served for half his life time as a devotee. He was always deeply lamenting and experiencing intense separation from Their Lordships and from Shri Vrindhavan Dham, eagerly praying, and awaiting a time when he could return. His favorite subject was discussing, in great detail, the land, temples, and pastimes of Braja.

We are feeling very sad to lose the association of our cherished friend, and are praying that Srila Prabhupada, Srila Gurudeva, and all our beloved guardians of devotion will always keep Shriman Kritakarma Prabhu very close to their wish-fulfilling lotus feet, and continue to always engage him in pure devotional service. Those who were fortunate enough to have let Kritakarma Prabhu’s affection touch their heart, will never forget his joyous spirit, and dynamic personality. He made us feel very special and loved – having truly adopted the devotees as his family.

In the service of Hari, Guru and Vaishnavas – Bay Area Sangha –

tat te 'nukampam su-samiksamano bhunjana evatma-krtam vipakam

hrd-vag-vapurbhir vidadhan namas te jiveta yo mukti-pade sa daya-bhak

“One who seeks Your compassion and thus tolerates all kinds of adverse conditions due to the karma of his past deeds, who engages always in Your devotional service with his mind, words and body, and who always offers obeisance’s unto You, is certainly a bona fide candidate for liberation.” Srimad Bhagavatam 10.14.8

We were brainstorming one day on how he could go back to Vrndaban. I was suggesting he get some false ID and passport.

He was so frustrated that the thought of not returning caused his eyes to turn red and tear up. I had to drop the topic as I saw it was causing him too much pain.

Now that you ask. I'm trying to figure out how I got that impression. I think I was lead by your title and the use of the Vrndavan word in the first sentence.

I missed the memorial post above when I posted my sentiment, but then it doesn't say either, does it?

My mind is a blank when I try to remember exactly what I was thinking when I made that last post. Sorry. I didn't read the original post - if it is there. (I didn't read the original post on the literal scripture thread either you mentioned. I don't read Krsna's posts - or alot of them actually. I just know the subject by those I respond to).

I can get pretty spacey sometimes. I just assume he left Berekely with Narayan Maharaja and traveled with him… since that was the last time I saw him. And assumed his godbrothers took him to Vrndavan 'cause he had a little warning of impending death. So much for my assumptions.

Did you go the the gathering above? I didn't know about it - or I would like to have gone.

I didn't go. Didn't know about it but probably would not have gone anyway. I admit I avoid Oakland as a rule.

They had a service for him at the Berkely ctr. also, even though they had a falling out with him over Narayana Maharaja near the end. I am sure they realized that the Bay area owes him a lot and no need to hold certain temporary feelings.

He wasn't able to back into India or at least Vrndaban due to an illness. I think Krsna used that to increase his feelings of separation from Vraja. Krsna's devotee will never be vanquished no matter what the external circumstances appear to be.

BTW too bad you skip Krsna's posts. I really enjoy them.

"BTW too bad you skip Krsna's posts. I really enjoy them."

Yeah, I notice you talk to people I don't. That's ok with me. We all have different experiences and intent… doesn't have to necessarily agree with mine. My experience may not be right for you (visa-versa).

I'm looking out for myself with my policies. No one else is gonna do it.