IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

superstition or something else

Rate this topic

I have heard many times about this. That if you are laying down or something and someone steps over you then you loose your height or duration of life.

Is that true and how do you explain that to someone out in this world because some girls were talking about this at my work yesterday and someone said "yah thats makes a lot of sense" so let me know.

Hare krsna

Hare Krsna

There is also another one where if you cut your nails after 7pm, it falls into the food of God. Its pretty much a Hindu superstition. Don't know if its true, the walking over somebody maybe has something to do with thier chakras I think, not sure about it, cutting nails maybe has something to do with Cleanliness? No idea.

I have heard similar. I heard that if you clip your nails inside you will invite theives.

I don't know about these things but I avoid walking under ladders just in case, there may be some truth to it, knock on wood.

Guest guest

Why did ancient people say that cutting nails at night was bad?

Answer: There is more of a good reason than superstition. But people have weaved stories about it, so that the people will follow it.

There was no electricity a century ago and also there are many villages in India when there is no electricity even today. So if people did cut their nails at night, since it was dark. There were chances of these nails falling down on the ground. Since nail is somewhat bad, there were changes of people stamping it and getting themselves hurt and also there were changes of nails getting into food and if people ate it, it would have a bad effect on them, as nail is somewhat a poison.

If the nails were cut at daytime, people cut easily find out where they nails were if it was fallen down.