IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

protected cows powdered milk?

Rate this topic

I was thinking this morning about the need to offer and accept milk from protected cows ONLY, and how important that is.

I thought of how many farms that would take spread out to meet the demand and it seems impractical.

Then it occured to me that a few farms producing powdered milk and shipping it to the Temples and congregation members could solve the problem.

I don't even know what goes in to making powdered milk but on the surface it might be a viable investment. It might even grow into a business beyond the immediate devotee market.

It could solve the problem for devotees who still want milk and help the farms stay solvent as well.

Just a thought.

Hare Krsna

Ok now I am having visions of attractively packaged Krsna powdered milk cartons on every store shelve. Some philosophy and nice pictures on every carton. Krishna and Balarama running with the cowherd boys and calves through the pastuers of Vrndaban. Cowherd girls churning butter(can you get butter from powdered milk?)making yoghurt all from Gopala's powdered milk from protected cows.

Might be a nice bridge between Vedic culture and this industrial age.

Wow that is quite a project. Worthwhile though I think. No less ambitious then worldwide self-sufficent farms though. Anybody seen Ambarisa lately. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wonder about scaled down models.