IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Can I sacrfice my body for krishna?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Can't I just kill myself in the name of krishna or get someone else to kill me so it wont be suicide, and sacrfice my body to the lord? Will this elvated me to the abode where krishna lives?

no... karma law will assume that you do not want gross material body and will make you live millions of years as ghost with all the desires and no body to satisfy them

absolutely the most painful kind of hell

to sacifice (sacer(=holy) facio (=i do)) is to transform something from sinful to holy

please start with your mouth and tongue: "hare krishna, hare krishna...." , then it will go to your heart, then, from heart, blood will bring this holiness in all the body

in this way you will sacrifice (make sacred.. holy) your body not killing it

Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.26.27

Bombay, January 4, 1975 (excerpt)

His Divine Grace /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is called spiritual suicide. Just like if a man becomes disappointed and he cuts his own throat or hangs him, some way or other, eats some poison, to finish, does it mean that he is finished? Na hanyate hanyamane sarire [ Bg. 2.20 ]. He is rascal. He does not know. By finishing this body he is finished-no, that is not possible. The result is, because he violated the rules of nature, he becomes a ghost. That is his life. One who commits suicide, he becomes a ghost. Ghost means he does not get this material body. He remains in the subtle body, mind, intelligence. Therefore ghost can go because he is in the mind. Mind speed is very strong. If you have got this material body, you cannot go immediately hundred miles off. But if you are in the mental body, you can go immediately, thousand miles immediately, within a second. So the ghost, they can play something wonderful because... But they are not happy because they have no gross body. They want to enjoy. He's materialist.

=====

Looks like its not a good idea Prabhu. Better USE you human form of life, in a good way. Hope this meets you well /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haribol. To sacrifice means to do something for others, so if one wishes to sacrifice the body for Krsna, then we do it the way Krsna desires. We use our bodies in his service, and if life is so miserable that it is even intolerable, we tolerate, and chant Hare Krsna.

WEe cannot make up our own sacrifice, because Yajna means pleasing another with the sacrifice. We cannot assume, this means doing it for ourselves, and self sacrifice is not recommended (nor possible, as Srila Prabhupada disacusses above). Its like giving saltine crackers to someone in service, what if the recipient is thirsaty, then the gift is actually scornful. We ask first, find out what the recipient of our yajna wants. We find out hes thirsty after tending the cows in the hot sun, and we give him water, this means we are just like sudama, yasoda, and Srimati Radharani, because we supply what Krsna "needs". We fall into yogamaya, having intimacy far beyond any concept of religion, where, if lord narayan blocks our path while we are carrying the water to krsna, we say "Glory to God and all that, but could You please excuse me, I gotta get this water to that blue cowherd boy who is so thirsty after tending the cows all day".

Good fortune to you, and give your whole mind, heart, body and soul to krsna, (and love others as you do yourself) ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Does krishna want us to kill ourselves? Does he say chant hare krishna and then kill yourself quickly while you are still pure? No. So to do so against Krishna's orders and the order of the spiritual master is unsanctioned and therefore will bring a negative affect.

Guest guest

No! Krishna does not want our mortal sacrifice but immortal devotion, perennial devotion. It is possible to chant the Holy Names incessantly but how many times can you kill youself in a day? Hmmm? Do want to do this eternally?

Try and opt for a service you can reasonably do and KEEP on doing. Best.