IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

lord KRSNA color...what is it?

Rate this topic

SB.3.28.13 Purport (exceprt)

The color of the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is described here as nilotpala-dala, meaning that it is like that of a lotus flower with petals tinted blue and white. People always ask why Krsna is blue. The color of the Lord has not been imagined by an artist. It is described in authoritative scripture. In the Brahma-samhita also, the color of Krsna's body is compared to that of a bluish cloud. The color of the Lord is not poetical imagination.

SB: 10.2.35 Purport (excerpt)

Syama means blackish, yet they say that You are more beautiful than thousands of cupids.

CC: Antya.7.86

"The only purport of the holy name of Krsna is that He is dark blue like a tamala tree and is the son of mother Yasoda. This is the conclusion of all the revealed scriptures.'

----

Krishna's colour from above:

lotus flower with petals tinted blue and white

blackish

dark blue like a tamala tree

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The problem here is that crayola company has not come up with the color yet, and the spectrum of the spiritual world is not comparable to the colors seen as effect from our tiny sun.

A great Vaisnava poet also uses color descriptions that cannot be duplicated, like Srimati Radharani being the color of molten gold, and Srimati Vishaka being the color of a lightning bolt.

What color are humans, Ive never seen a black man, Ive never seen a white man, all I have ever seen is different shades of earthtones. Its not the eyes, its the suns fault.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

is all of these and more.

"lotus flower with petals tinted blue and white

blackish

dark blue like a tamala tree"

Krsna is unlimited and no words could ever describe His wonderous beauty. He even came to Radha, at the suggestion of Vrnda devi, one day as a golden Sannaysi when She was angry with Him and would not speak to Him. Radha's heart softened and the Lord once again took His beautiful blackish blue form and color.

A month of so ago I was looking out my back window while chanting and I looked up at the clouds and saw this perfect blackish blue cloud with a hint of white and I thought, "That's it!! That is the color of Krsna!!" Then that evening I looked out to see more clouds of the same color with streaks of red behind them as the sun set - ahhh...the red of Krsna's lotus palms and soles, the red around His eyes, and His lotus mouth!!

Hare Krsna

Posted Image

I remember one evening while shopping for groceries I looked into the early evening sky as the sun had just left and saw a gradation of all blues starting from black in the east, lighter and lighter and lighter into the west, trailing the sun. I became stunned in mid-stride for several seconds. I think a colour very much like Syamasundara must have been in that amazing spectrum of blues.

I never really thought of KRSNA while looking up at the Sky, but I can see Him in His Bala from, little baby.

There is a picture of Srila Prabhupada, with a picture of KRSNA above him, I like that picture, and also my own picture which I have at home, from Teachings of Lord Caitanya, I'd show you the amazing picture, but its not on-line. Ha!