IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to approach explanation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. I am a devotee attending High School and I am going to be doing a short presentation on Hinduism. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas or comments on how I should approach the presentation. I am simply looking at it as a way of speaking about Lord Sri Krishna, but I do not want to do so if it will be offensive.

At current, I will be answering questions posed by a Priest in regards to -

Re-incarnation

Religious Practices

Deity Worship

and Sankirtana

It is the first time that any such thing is going to be conducted in the school since it was first established. I am also looking at this as an opportunity to develop an inter-faith discussion group. Hope to hear any comments, advice or guidance on the topic, and questions.

Haribol

The topics did sound a little too informed for a Catholic priest.

Do you have time to read Bhagavad-gita As It Is? Your answers and overview are scattered throughout the detailed commentary in that book.

Giving a humble introduction to your presentation will establish the deep qualifications of the knowledge you are about to impart, as well as cover any mistakes you are about to make.

If you are a Gaudiya vaishnava for instance, beginning by reciting the Panca-Tattva mantra invoking the purification of Lord Caitanya and His associates will help you and your audience immensely.

Then you could mention how this supremely pure knowledge has descended from God, who is known as "the All-Attractive Person", Krishna, to very exalted saints who have passed that knowledge to their disciples, who in turn have personally passed the knowledge to their disciples. In this way the essence of the truth is maintained. The guru guides the disciple. This tradition is explained by Lord Krishna in a major scripture known as the Bhagavad-gita (or Song of God) as follows:<blockquote>Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.</blockquote>

"Because they have seen the truth". Thus the knowledge has passed on for ages. The guru or spiritual master who knows Krsna, God, leads the humble student.

I am only a humble student, not a guru. Yet, I will now try my best to answer your questions from my understanding based on the presentation of such a pure realized seer of God known as His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in his discourse on the Bhagavad-gita.

Your first kind question was "Yadda yadda, in Hinduism yadda yadda?" This is my understanding, based on the descended knowledge:

<blockquote><CENTER>krsnas tu bhagavan svayam</center></blockquote>

Good luck. The more time you spend on such a fortunate assignment the better your entire life will be. You must see this as a very special kindness from Sri Krsna.

gHari

P.S. It will be helpful to download this <a href=http://canoeparts.ca/KINGDOM/Bhagavad-gitaAsItIs.zip>zipped TEXT version of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is</a> so you can read off-line and search for keywords like 'rebirth".