IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

pls identify me.

Rate this topic

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i dont know what i am doing ?

I am attracted to core of vaishnava sampradayams only from past few months. Before that, eventhough i accepted "Lord Vishnu" as supreme & daily worshipped him but i didint realised the value of sampradayams.

After attracted to core, i decided to know which sampradaya i belonged to. my research (still in progress) till now revealed me that i come under following "Vallabha Sampradaya" (Pushtimarg) & "Vishistadvaita"(Sri Vaishnavam).

I am confident that within this week i will find out whether i come under srivaishnavam or vallabham.

Anyway my question is not connected to sampradaya(s). (okee man then why u said above absurd things to us ?) hee just sharing.

hers my query. my query is to know where i am ?

sometimes i woke up early in morning & do puja to sri krishna by chanting mantras piously. after all morning chores,i used to spend most of the day collecting knowledge about Srikrishna by reading purnas & also i used to spent most of time in learning about "various vaishnava sampradayas".

of course, for my materialistic reasons, i do spent some time for my online business.

but sometimes i also used to wake up late in the morning (reason: i used to collect spiritual knowledge by doing sathsang in internet at night time). sometimes even not doing sathsang at nite time, i sometimes wake up late in the morning. even then i used to do puja.

Of course, due to my unique health condition i cant able to have "Ekadashi" fasting.

also due to my dumb knowledge in sanskrit, sometimes i feel diffult to recite some slokas or mantras thus making me to skip chanting of mantras. (of course i chant mahamantra daily since its simple & effective).

also i used to watch 2 or 3 hindi movie per month.

so i slowly feeling that i am a sahajiya or just a pretender. so i am afraid. what should i do to become a pure devotee ?

so just help in general terms not relating to any sampradayas.

tell me which state i am.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif JAI SHRI KRISHNA

It is not really what we do, but why we do it. Lord Caitanya left eight verses describing stages on the path to perfect love of God. We will find our hearts in several of these stages, but one will be dominant. That is your level, for now. These eight verses are known as Siksastaka:<blockquote>1. Glory to the Sri Krsna sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

2. O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them

3. One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

4. O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.

5. O son of Maharaja Nanda [Krsna], I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms at Your lotus feet.

6. O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

7. O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

8. I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.</blockquote>

I hope you can find yourself in there somewhere.

gHari

you are a nice devotee of sri krishna, a very rare and valuable person in this world... if you also have some little anarthas and some little mundane enjoyements i do not care and i appreciate you very much...

be ever eager and ready to increase your standard and devotional activities but do not let maya say to you: "you are too materialist, you are a farce devotee, be coherent and stop everything"

this is the greatest trap.. to stop devotional service because we feel ourselves unfit to do it

(pray krishna to send you a pure spiritual master)

Guest guest

It's only natural to see our faults and limitations more as we chant. "The closer we are to the light, the darker our shadow becomes." Devotees always feel themselves to be most fallen, in constant need of His Divine Grace and mercy. I think you are doing very well. Remember there are never any restrictions on chanting the Holy Names. They can be repeated anywhere at anytime, preferably ALL the time. Best wishes!

Guest guest

<font face="Lucida Calligraphy" size=4>

<font color=>To </font><font color=blue>those </font><font color=aqua>who </font><font color=lime>are </font><font color=red>constantly </font><font color=fuchsia>devoted </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=red>worship </font><font color=lime>Me </font><font color=blue>with </font><font color=aqua>love, </font><font color=lime>I </font><font color=red>give </font><font color=fuchsia>the </font><font color=fuchsia>understanding </font><font color=red>by </font><font color=lime>which </font><font color=blue>they </font><font color=aqua>can </font><font color=lime>come </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=fuchsia>Me. </font><font color=fuchsia>

PURPORT </font><font color=red>

In </font><font color=lime>this </font><font color=blue>verse </font><font color=aqua>the </font><font color=lime>word </font><font color=red>buddhi-yogam </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=fuchsia>very </font><font color=red>significant. </font><font color=lime>We </font><font color=blue>may </font><font color=aqua>remember </font><font color=lime>that </font><font color=red>in </font><font color=fuchsia>the </font><font color=fuchsia>Second </font><font color=red>Chapter </font><font color=lime>the </font><font color=blue>Lord, </font><font color=aqua>instructing </font><font color=lime>Arjuna, </font><font color=red>said </font><font color=fuchsia>that </font><font color=fuchsia>He </font><font color=red>had </font><font color=lime>spoken </font><font color=blue>to </font><font color=aqua>him </font><font color=lime>of </font><font color=red>many </font><font color=fuchsia>things </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=red>that </font><font color=lime>He </font><font color=blue>would </font><font color=aqua>instruct </font><font color=lime>him </font><font color=red>in </font><font color=fuchsia>the </font><font color=fuchsia>way </font><font color=red>of </font><font color=lime>buddhi-yoga. </font><font color=blue>Now </font><font color=aqua>buddhi-yoga </font><font color=lime>is </font><font color=red>explained. </font><font color=fuchsia>Buddhi-yoga </font><font color=fuchsia>itself </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=lime>action </font><font color=blue>in </font><font color=aqua>Krsna </font><font color=lime>consciousness; </font><font color=red>that </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=fuchsia>the </font><font color=red>highest </font><font color=lime>intelligence. </font><font color=blue>Buddhi </font><font color=aqua>means </font><font color=lime>intelligence, </font><font color=red>and </font><font color=fuchsia>yoga </font><font color=fuchsia>means </font><font color=red>mystic </font><font color=lime>activities </font><font color=blue>or </font><font color=aqua>mystic </font><font color=lime>elevation. </font><font color=red>When </font><font color=fuchsia>one </font><font color=fuchsia>tries </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=lime>go </font><font color=blue>back </font><font color=aqua>home, </font><font color=lime>back </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=fuchsia>Godhead, </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=red>takes </font><font color=lime>fully </font><font color=blue>to </font><font color=aqua>Krsna </font><font color=lime>consciousness </font><font color=red>in </font><font color=fuchsia>devotional </font><font color=fuchsia>service, </font><font color=red>his </font><font color=lime>action </font><font color=blue>is </font><font color=aqua>called </font><font color=lime>buddhi-yogam. </font><font color=red>In </font><font color=fuchsia>other </font><font color=fuchsia>words, </font><font color=red>buddhi-yogam </font><font color=lime>is </font><font color=blue>the </font><font color=aqua>process </font><font color=lime>by </font><font color=red>which </font><font color=fuchsia>one </font><font color=fuchsia>gets </font><font color=red>out </font><font color=lime>of </font><font color=blue>the </font><font color=aqua>entanglement </font><font color=lime>of </font><font color=red>this </font><font color=fuchsia>material </font><font color=fuchsia>world. </font><font color=red>The </font><font color=lime>ultimate </font><font color=blue>goal </font><font color=aqua>of </font><font color=lime>progress </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=fuchsia>Krsna. </font><font color=fuchsia>People </font><font color=red>do </font><font color=lime>not </font><font color=blue>know </font><font color=aqua>this; </font><font color=lime>therefore </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=fuchsia>association </font><font color=fuchsia>of </font><font color=red>devotees </font><font color=lime>and </font><font color=blue>a </font><font color=aqua>bona </font><font color=lime>fide </font><font color=red>spiritual </font><font color=fuchsia>master </font><font color=fuchsia>are </font><font color=red>important. </font><font color=lime>One </font><font color=blue>should </font><font color=aqua>know </font><font color=lime>that </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=fuchsia>goal </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=red>Krsna, </font><font color=lime>and </font><font color=blue>when </font><font color=aqua>the </font><font color=lime>goal </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=fuchsia>assigned, </font><font color=fuchsia>then </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=lime>path </font><font color=blue>is </font><font color=aqua>slowly </font><font color=lime>but </font><font color=red>progressively </font><font color=fuchsia>traversed, </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=lime>ultimate </font><font color=blue>goal </font><font color=aqua>is </font><font color=lime>achieved. </font><font color=red>

When </font><font color=fuchsia>a </font><font color=fuchsia>person </font><font color=red>knows </font><font color=lime>the </font><font color=blue>goal </font><font color=aqua>of </font><font color=lime>life </font><font color=red>but </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=fuchsia>addicted </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=lime>the </font><font color=blue>fruits </font><font color=aqua>of </font><font color=lime>activities, </font><font color=red>he </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=fuchsia>acting </font><font color=red>in </font><font color=lime>karma-yoga. </font><font color=blue>When </font><font color=aqua>he </font><font color=lime>knows </font><font color=red>that </font><font color=fuchsia>the </font><font color=fuchsia>goal </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=lime>Krsna, </font><font color=blue>but </font><font color=aqua>he </font><font color=lime>takes </font><font color=red>pleasure </font><font color=fuchsia>in </font><font color=fuchsia>mental </font><font color=red>speculations </font><font color=lime>to </font><font color=blue>understand </font><font color=aqua>Krsna, </font><font color=lime>he </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=fuchsia>acting </font><font color=fuchsia>in </font><font color=red>jnana-yoga. </font><font color=lime>And </font><font color=blue>when </font><font color=aqua>he </font><font color=lime>knows </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=fuchsia>goal </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=red>seeks </font><font color=lime>Krsna </font><font color=blue>completely </font><font color=aqua>in </font><font color=lime>Krsna </font><font color=red>consciousness </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=fuchsia>devotional </font><font color=red>service, </font><font color=lime>he </font><font color=blue>is </font><font color=aqua>acting </font><font color=lime>in </font><font color=red>bhakti-yoga, </font><font color=fuchsia>or </font><font color=fuchsia>buddhi-yoga, </font><font color=red>which </font><font color=lime>is </font><font color=blue>the </font><font color=aqua>complete </font><font color=lime>yoga. </font><font color=red>This </font><font color=fuchsia>complete </font><font color=fuchsia>yoga </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=lime>the </font><font color=blue>highest </font><font color=aqua>perfectional </font><font color=lime>stage </font><font color=red>of </font><font color=fuchsia>life. </font><font color=fuchsia>

A </font><font color=red>person </font><font color=lime>may </font><font color=blue>have </font><font color=aqua>a </font><font color=lime>bona </font><font color=red>fide </font><font color=fuchsia>spiritual </font><font color=fuchsia>master </font><font color=red>and </font><font color=lime>may </font><font color=blue>be </font><font color=aqua>attached </font><font color=lime>to </font><font color=red>a </font><font color=fuchsia>spiritual </font><font color=fuchsia>organization, </font><font color=red>but </font><font color=lime>still, </font><font color=blue>if </font><font color=aqua>he </font><font color=lime>is </font><font color=red>not </font><font color=fuchsia>intelligent </font><font color=fuchsia>enough </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=lime>make </font><font color=blue>progress, </font><font color=aqua>then </font><font color=lime>Krsna </font><font color=red>from </font><font color=fuchsia>within </font><font color=fuchsia>gives </font><font color=red>him </font><font color=lime>instructions </font><font color=blue>so </font><font color=aqua>that </font><font color=lime>he </font><font color=red>may </font><font color=fuchsia>ultimately </font><font color=fuchsia>come </font><font color=red>to </font><font color=lime>Him </font><font color=blue>without </font><font color=aqua>difficulty. </font><font color=lime>The </font><font color=red>qualification </font><font color=fuchsia>is </font><font color=fuchsia>that </font><font color=red>a </font><font color=lime>person </font><font color=blue>always </font><font color=aqua>engage </font><font color=lime>himself </font><font color=red>in </font><font color=fuchsia>Krsna </font><font color=fuchsia>consciousness </font><font color=red>and </font><font color=lime>with </font><font color=blue>love </font><font color=aqua>and </font><font color=lime>devotion </font><font color=red>render </font><font color=fuchsia>all </font><font color=fuchsia>kinds </font><font color=red>of </font><font color=lime>services. </font><font color=blue>He </font><font color=aqua>should </font><font color=lime>perform </font><font color=red>some </font><font color=fuchsia>sort </font><font color=fuchsia>of </font><font color=red>work </font><font color=lime>for </font><font color=blue>Krsna, </font><font color=aqua>and </font><font color=lime>that </font><font color=red>work </font><font color=fuchsia>should </font><font color=fuchsia>be </font><font color=red>with </font><font color=lime>love. </font><font color=blue>If </font><font color=aqua>a </font><font color=lime>devotee </font><font color=red>is </font><font color=fuchsia>intelligent </font><font color=fuchsia>enough, </font><font color=red>he </font><font color=lime>will </font><font color=blue>make </font><font color=aqua>progress </font><font color=lime>on </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=fuchsia>path </font><font color=fuchsia>of </font><font color=red>self-realization. </font><font color=lime>If </font><font color=blue>one </font><font color=aqua>is </font><font color=lime>sincere </font><font color=red>and </font><font color=fuchsia>devoted </font><font color=fuchsia>to </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=lime>activities </font><font color=blue>of </font><font color=aqua>devotional </font><font color=lime>service, </font><font color=red>the </font><font color=fuchsia>Lord </font><font color=fuchsia>gives </font><font color=red>him </font><font color=lime>a </font><font color=blue>chance </font><font color=aqua>to </font><font color=lime>make </font><font color=red>progress </font><font color=fuchsia>and </font><font color=fuchsia>ultimately </font><font color=red>attain </font><font color=lime>to </font><font color=blue>Him. </font><font color=aqua> </font></font>

prabhuji,

hers more about me.

sometimes i get irritated whenver somebody speaks ill about vaishnava sampradayas. also sometimes i loose my temper.

a devotee should not loose his temper. even though, i want to be calm & sweet always, but i cant able to control my tantrum.

some prabhujis here could have seen by temper tantrum in "hindu-religion.net"

what to do ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

Hari bol siva, how are you? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Radha-Krisna is person, but transcendental person. In this case any body who write about Krisna in material platform do mistake. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Then you rightm, but They is transcendental person.

Guest guest

***Before that, eventhough i accepted "Lord Vishnu" as supreme & daily worshipped him but i didint realised the value of sampradayams.

No problem it is same person.

***After attracted to core, i decided to know which sampradaya i belonged to. my research (still in progress) till now revealed me that i come under following "Vallabha Sampradaya" (Pushtimarg) & "Vishistadvaita"(Sri Vaishnavam).

In santa rasa or any case person may meditate on Visnu or Krisna or Narasinga and so on. It is clear person, then you develop own naturally mood. But Lord Narayana eternal for us as Lord Narayana, in Vrindavan they worship Lord Visnu or demigods.

***I am confident that within this week i will find out whether i come under srivaishnavam or vallabham.

Srila Prabhupada give nice commentary about all vaisnavism.

***hers my query. my query is to know where i am ?

If you has some spontaneous devotion then it is good. Keep this devotion and step by step go. late person understand how he is do for spiritual life.

***sometimes i woke up early in morning & do puja to sri krishna by chanting mantras piously.

may be repeat "Hare Krisna"? It is has all, Krisna sourse all. It is beast do all one and too. One and too, no needs many sorts activities.

***but sometimes i also used to wake up late in the morning (reason: i used to collect spiritual knowledge by doing sathsang in internet at night time). sometimes even not doing sathsang at nite time, i sometimes wake up late in the morning. even then i used to do puja.

Any way needs do for Krisna. We not has any other coise. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

***also due to my dumb knowledge in sanskrit, sometimes i feel diffult to recite some slokas or mantras thus making me to skip chanting of mantras. (of course i chant mahamantra daily since its simple & effective).

Some time may repeat 32 or 50. All sanscrit and all sastra not be do difficulties in this case.

***so i slowly feeling that i am a sahajiya or just a pretender. so i am afraid. what should i do to become a pure devotee ?

Needs some target (?), if you has some spiritual targets, then not has value pure devotee or not. "Pure devotee" has big gradation. You some sraddhavan fit candidate for devotionsl servise. IN CC write - neopfite pure devotee sraddhavan fit candidate for devotionsl servise.

Gokulkr, could you not find yourself in those eight states of devotion? If not, then perhaps you are not yet on the path, but are simply building your ego with talk of God. This is common, for many people initially try to steal Krsna's glory for themselves.

You need to ask yourself why you are studying all these scriptures and websites. What do you want from Krsna, from this world, from the people around you, from us?

They say that our detachment from this world, our attachment to God is a good measure of our advancement.

gHari

prabhuji,

i think im in IInd stage. im trying to conquer my ego & anger. anyway can you suggest me a good way to control my temper tantrum. but i think im gettin cooler than before. u could have seen my changes in approach to "members of other sects" in forum "hindu-religion.net".

pls tell ur view

You can either:

1. Defeat them in logical argument from scripture;

2. Cut off their heads or at least their tongues;

3. Give up your life (die) to avoid hearing such painful things,

or just walk away.

On the internet one can state the truth succinctly and then leave the thread.

Chanting Krsna's names is like being in the eye of a hurricane. When we leave that sanctified space we find a whirlwind all around. Anger is one of the gates to hell that takes us right into the full force of the hurricane mind. There's no telling where we will be thrown.

Unless our tormentor is our disciple, then we need not be too attached to what they think or don't think. Krsna hides Himself from us for a reason. Some people are meant not to know, no matter how much we may want to straighten them out. Tell the truth and maybe next September they will understand; it will become their new realization, and pride will generate attachment to the truth. But for now, don't waste a lot of time talking to a stone.

Now, anger in general, that is explained by Lord Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita: contemplation of the objects of the senses leads to attachment, not satisfying these attachments leads to anger, anger leads to bewilderment of memory then intelligence, and thus we fall into the depths of the hurricane material whirlpool.

Best to stay in the eye. Don't venture out even to fight the big bad internet monsters. What is the prize; what is the risk? Best to stay in the eye of the hurricane with Sri Krsna.

gHari

P.S. I remember reading here recently in the vaisnava etiquette thread that if one is insulted he should just leave the place silently.

BTW, I thought your choice of IInd level was both humble and intelligent. I think you have a future in this game of love, of God.

Prabhuji,

you are right. whenever someone threws insults at seeing my post in internet (or) hearing my views in "outside world" i will leave the thread or place. its no use in arguing because everyday someone will come & we cant waste time daily by arguing to them as it will lead to ego/angry only.

Thanks.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Krishna

atlast, i am now feeling some divinity entering my heart/soul /images/graemlins/confused.gif i dunno how to say.

i am now seeing everyehere divinity of krishna only .

pls pray for me that i stay in this same state.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Krishna

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hare Krishna