IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Starman

I've heard about the most important 150 verses

Rate this topic

I'm not replying to answer your specific question, but once I remember devotees carrying around cards, even using roller decks, with the "most important" Gita verses. Later the point was made that ALL Gita verses are important. Unless someone has a quote from Prabhupada I have not seen, which is always possible.

I think the word to be used should maybe be the 'whatever' Important key verses' to say the MOST Important verses from the Gita, like Pritta Mata said, she needs quote from Prabhupada (hehe), I am sure the lists must come from Prabhupada when he preached, not sure though, thus I can see why there are called the MOST Important verses..hari!

After a bit of research I have found that Prabhupada most often quoted over 250 Bhagavad Gita Verses. I do not know out of that number of verses which ones were quoted more than the others which might be what you are referring to in your questions concerning the 150 verses.

I also ask that you find the quote from Prabhupada on this matter. I have seen and heard people say things like there are 50 most important verses or 108 or 110 and so on and on.

I suggest you consider and treat every verse with equal importance.

dehino'smin 2.13, sarva-dharmAn 18.66, ye yathA mam 4.11, isvarah sarva 18.61, mamaivamso jIva-loke 15.6, janma karma 4.9, mam ca yo' 14.26

I personally 1st heard & saw SP quote this last one July 1971 Brooklyn in answer to Bhakta Jerry's aka NArAyan dAs' question concerning Vietnam Vets.