IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Lord Jagannatha?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I am sorry to say, but i still do not understand much about Lord Jagannatha, could anybody guide me please?

I thought about it after seeing this Purport:

If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna,he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru. Madhya 13.18 purport

i think you could reveal a lot, but are being humble and unkind, explain to me, please, before i post a 'made-up' joke in the Jokes section, (i can feel the urge coming on) Lol. I might actually do a seach in Folio, and see what i come up with, thx again haribol!

i think you could reveal a lot, but are being humble and unkind.

I'm very sorry to read that you think that i'm unkind cause I really meant no offence with what I wrote. I don't want to talk about something here that I haven't studied enough to completely understand it as that would mean that I would make a whole lot mistakes anyways...

Why don't you just search the internet for more information about Jagannath ? Or else you could turn to a a well studied devotee to inform about it...I'm sure that a person like that could help you a lot more than I ever could.

I really wasn't being humble for the sake of being humble or unkind for that matter, I was just being honest: I don't know enough about it to explain it.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted in this thread but I just love all those small coincidences that eventualy turn to such a mountain that it's impossible to see it all as coincidence.

CC: Madhya-lila 13.119

PURPORT (excert)

PURPORT (excert)

In his Anubhasya, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura describes the ecstasy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as follows. After giving up the company of the gopis in Vrindavana, Sri Krishna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, engaged in His pastimes at Dvaraka. When Krishna went to Kuruksetra with His brother and sister and others from Dvaraka, He again met the inhabitants of Vrindavana. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is radha-bhava-dyuti-suvalita, that is, Krishna Himself assuming the part of Srimati Radharani in order to understand Krishna. Lord Jagannatha-deva is Krishna, and Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Srimati Radharani. Caitanya Mahaprabhu's leading Lord Jagannatha toward the Gundica temple corresponded to Srimati Radharani's leading Krishna toward Vrindavana.

Arrival Lecture and Press Conference

San Francisco, July 4, 1970, (Ratha-yatra)

Lord Caitanya, when He appeared, He took sannyasa at the age of twenty-four years, and by His mother's request He was living at Jagannatha Puri. So every year He was taking part in this car festival of Jagannatha. This Jagannatha Deity was established by one King Indradyumna about more than three thousand years ago.

<font color="red"> Lord Krishna and Balarama Meet the Inhabitants of Vrindavana </font color>

http://www.krsnabook.com/ch82.html

In the above pastime Subhadra(Krishna's sister) is not mentioned,why is that?

Come on dear devotees /images/graemlins/smirk.gif