IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

End of World

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

This is a complicated question (to me anyway) here goes..

Lord Brahma lives for 311 Trillion years, 1 Day of Brahma is 4.3 Billions years or thereabouts, so does this mean the 'night' is approaching fast? How will the universe (ours) be destroyed? I mean to say what about the others, is this what scientists call, falling stars?

Just on top of my head, I know that the night is not that soon.

We are during manu 7 (or 8), of 14 manus in a day of lord Brahma. We are in the 28th Manvantara of this manu, who lives for a bit more than 71 manvantaras.

For the partial destruction of the universe during Brahma's night, it is explained in Canto Three Chapter 11:

29. When the night of Brahma ensues, all the three worlds are out of sight, and the sun and the moon are without glare, just as in the due course of an ordinary night.

30. The devastation takes place due to the fire emanating from the mouth of Sankarsana, and thus great sages like Bhrgu and other inhabitants of Maharloka transport themselves to Janaloka, being distressed by the warmth of the blazing fire which rages through the three worlds below.

31. At the beginning of the devastation all the seas overflow, and hurricane winds blow very violently. Thus the waves of the seas become ferocious, and in no time at all the three worlds are full of water.

32. The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, lies down in the water on the seat of Ananta, with His eyes closed, and the inhabitants of the Janaloka planets offer their glorious prayers unto the Lord with folded hands.

Maybe a bit figurative, but as plausible as the Big Bang, string theory, etc...

Srila Prabhupada in a letter:

We find in Bhagavad-gita that Brahma's one day is equal to 1000 times 400,300 years. So we are fixing his one day, so similarly he has got one night of same duration, such month, such year, similarly such 100 years he will live. He is not even yet one day old, and there are millions of Brahmas and he is one of the smallest.

4.3 Billion years is 1 day of Lord Brahma.

Scientists say the Earth is 4 Billions years old i think,

and with what you say, it seems scientists are wrong in their calculations, anyway i am just interested, i am sure theres somebody out there who knows more. Haribol!!

Guest guest

Haribol. The end of the world is relative, and those who think everything is just peachy for the earth for the next 400,000 or so years are mistaken.

The world as we know it is ending every day, and it certainly has undergone changes that translate to demise of a great majority of humankind. Happens allah tinme, and will happen again and probably soon. But it dont matter, because the end of the world is only experianced by one person, the one dying. No art bell to confirm, no news flashes, just dropping dead.

And the end of such world, for those reading here, is certain within the next 60 years max (except for those under forty who may live long. Asfar as the earth as a whole, it could be swallowed and spit out by the sun, yet still be intact to be verified by shastra as comp[liant with the 400,000 year span. Scripture does not assure us that everything will stay the same, just the opposite, everything is constat flux, so this age is called the age of chaos, quarrel and confusion.

So dont get complacent, prahlada does not concur with complacency. He tells the little playmates to not get sucked up in their comfortable childhood, because we are placed in the fire of destruction every moment.

Anyway, have a nice end of the world, all, it has been swell, ys, hare krsna, mahaksadasa

Lord Brahma lives for 311 Trillion years, 1 Day of Brahma is 4.3 Billions years or thereabouts, so does this mean the 'night' is approaching fast?

As mentiontioned by a poster above, we are only half way through Brahma's day.

How will the universe (ours) be destroyed? I mean to say what about the others, is this what scientists call, falling stars?

According to the Bhagavatam, each universe is surrounded by a shell of material elements that are so thick and dense that nothing beyond can be seen. Thus we have no experience of other universes through sight. Falling stars are planets ruled by elevated yogis who no longer have the potency to maintain their abode, and thus it falls into the Garbhodaka ocean. (Other apparent falling stars may just be meterorites entering the earths atmosphere.)

The age the scientist give is about 4.55 billions years, with an extraordinary value of confidence +-1%.

230 million over Brahma's day ..., but then there is the 'young Earth' scientists which can go to a few thousands of years!!!

Until they all agree to one date... they are ALL wrong.