IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

what is prasad?

Rate this topic

Prasada is food that has been accepted by the Lord. It is possible that food has been offered to the Lord without it being accepted (due to lack of devotion of the offerer), and hence not prasada. It is also possible that food has not been ritualistically offered to the Lord, but has somehow been accepted by the Lord (due to the devotion of someone) and is thus prasada.

These are mostly exceptions. In general circumstances, we respect all food offered to the Lord as prasada, as we do not know what the Lord accepts and rejects. Furthermore, there is another category of blessed food which is the food that is rejected by the Lord. Even the food rejected by the Lord carries spiritual potency and purifies us.

Furthermore, there is another category of blessed food which is the food that is rejected by the Lord. Even the food rejected by the Lord carries spiritual potency and purifies us.

This is intriquing. I have never heard of this. Could you elaborate JNdas?

Guest guest

I understand that we should only eat Krsna prasad right? What if someone gives us demigod prasad which is not offered to krsna? Can you accept that? I was once given something and I just in my mind said Hare Krsna and ate a little bit. I dont think I could eat Demigod Prasad.

Does anyone know?

Guest guest

"I was once given something and I just in my mind said Hare Krsna and ate a little bit"

yes right, you have shown respect for that demigod and devotion to krsna

rememer to do that. The name "God" creates some kind of fear among common folks. Apart from that, we do not have true devotion to Lord Krishna like saint Mirabai, who when offered Prasada of meat which was ritualistically offered to Goddess Durga (or Shakti), refused to partake it.