IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

Who does Krsna listen to???

Rate this topic

Well, I was at work today and I met someone who was/is a sufi muslim and we somehow or other got into the conversation about religion and I found out he knew about us devotees. He didnt say much accept he also has beads like us but with a hundred instead of hundred and eight. He also said he has read a little bit of the bagavat gita.

Then ofcourse he proceeded to say that I should read the Quran and let him know if I have any spiritual problems. Now I am not sure what his idea is but what do I say to something like that without insulting him or get in some religious war?

My other question is that who does Krsna(god, allah) listen to? I mean we all pray to him, weather we call him Allah or Krsna right. Are my prayers less signifant then his? Or are his prayers less significant then mine?

I mean he is probably "praying" to allah that I become a muslim and I dont really think its a problem if he is a muslim but devotees would pray that more people become krsna consciouss and someone would pray that we become christian or something else. Who does krsna listen to?

So we are considered the absolute truth but every religion states that right. They are the only way and now I understand that i would never leave krsna conciousness or prabhupads movement but how are we the absolute truth and someone else not?

Wow so many questions.

Hare Krsna

an uttama adhikari sees everyone as a servant of krsna, he does not make distinctions.. but we are not uttama, we are kanista, madyam or somewhere between these two positions

so, you cannot be artificial to stop thinking that krsna consciousness is better than islamism,

allah is the same god as krsna, but we love more the "krsna" personality because he's more delineated, complete, various and he shows all the rasas especially the bhakti, love... not only aisvarya (reverence and respect) that is the main aspect of allah,

and surely love is superior to all the relationships and contains all other rasas in it

and, the main thing is that you are initiated in gaudya vaishnava sampradaya, you have to follow your spiritual master, you gave promises to do some practices, to chant hare krsna without offences, and one offence is to equate hare krsna chanting to other religious methods.......

but krsna consciousness (making distictions), is not sectarian, if you recognize a spiritual person, this person is in some way a devotee and you have to respect him, and to be able to take spiritual advices by him... so listen, do not offend and avoid as much as possible to make wars with him

think that prabhupada, krishna, radharani are the best, not that you are the best because you are following them

regarding the prayers of you and your friend, krishna, as ever, will listen to both, and he will choose the pure part of these prayers rejecting the material, fanatical, conditionated, illusioned percent ..

for example:

sufi muslim: "please, god, make haridam a real and advanced spiritualist making him leave this strange and wrong hare krishna and accept prophet mohamed"... krishna will take out the fanatical part and he will keep the "... make haridam a real and advanced spiritualist...".. and everyone will make advancement

so pray, be tolerant, be a friend, share as much as you can, do not be sectarian, but keep your preference for nitai gauranga and do not expect to be artificially an uttama adhikari /images/graemlins/smile.gif

He can just preach the same encouragement substituting Allah or Yahweh in the prime lesson:<blockquote>1

Glory to the SrI KRSNa saGkIrtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This saGkIrtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like KRSNa and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by chanting Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.

O son of MahArAja Nanda [KRSNa], I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms of Your lotus feet.

O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

I know no one but KRSNa as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly in His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.</blockquote>

Sufis will love this because the major activity in their sadhana is the chanting of Dhikr, pronounced like Zikr ("There is no God but God", in Arabic is something like "la il'aha il allah hu" - all I can remember from the early 70's seeker days).

My brother's drum teacher was a sufi, after Gurdieff and Oespensky and who knows what else. So he became a sufi too. At his funeral, compared to the mahamantra on my lips the priest looked like a cartoon. I wasn't impressed at all.

It did get him off dope though, but he became even more antagonistic towards Krsna, at least until he read that his master had written that Krsna was "Divine Luminous Wisdom".

But it all seemed to be drawn out of a hat like a rabbit, with no scriptural authority. The master spoke of karma but didn't accept reincarnation; but 'karma' was a sanskrit word yet the guru spoke Tamil. All I ever saw was a little renunciation and a lot of Messiah Complex; I see more elevation at the catholic High School.

Despite my brother's urging, I never met his guru who after 'living 600 years' died suddenly a few years back. That would have been quite a buzz for him, gHari and his mahamantra.

In the mosque at my brother's funeral somehow I ended up in the line of guys bowing down, so I did too, "Namo brahmanya devaya go ...". Five times, very natural. I'll tell you one thing: my brother's friends will never again ridicule the Hare Krishnas. We all saw the power of the Holy Name that day in the thick air of life's stark reality around the grave. I didn't care what anybody thought and they all saw the real gHari, Ratha Yatra gHari, heart on his sleeve and all.

Hare Krsna

Without a doubt, there is no other way. Let us not take our good fortune for granted. Rama Rama Hare Hare.

gHari

Guest guest

Nice post

Can't go wrong with the Essence of Mahaprabhu's vani

Chanting leads to more chanting

It's the best thing for all

I pray to know this at the time of leaving this world

Hare Krishna

That was a very nice post ghari. Thank you very much.

One thing that was interesting today at work was that I met this Muslim girl who asked me the question "do you think its ok if a muslim girl is with a muslim guy" and without hesitation I said "no".

I exlplained to her that we are not these bodies and its more important that a relationship between the souls is develepod rather then bodies. I also said God wasnt limited to any religion and he has millions of names and two of which are allah and krsna.

I felt in her eyes that she was in a great dilema, I told her to relax and take things slowely as she was telling me that her father although understading when hearing of the news was quite disapointed.

I just told her not to be in anxiety but depend on allah and things will he ok.

Now I am wondering if I did the right thing because what if what i said causes her problems with the family etc.

She was telling me how decent this guy was etc and I just told her that she has to live her life but she should not worry to much about boys. I just told her try to understand all the situations around you first before making a move.

Any advice in what I should do or tell her on monday.

Hare Krsna

on that second paragraph. Does it make sense to you?

As far as advice for Monday for her, I would suggest you advise nothing. Why is she asking a complete stranger for advice anyway?

I think she's just toying with you, so you'll reveal some of your sales secrets; typical Mata Hari ploy, batting the eyelashes, looking all defenseless and vulnerable, then BAM she pounced like a tiger.

are you serious in telling me that i should advice nothing? I think she asked me because she considers me a "hindu"(yes its always going to be in quotes) I dont just want to all of a sudden ignore her or something. It definatly wont look good for fellow vaisnavas.

I dont think she is toying with me. She seemed sincere and she knows I am married.

Anyways, seriously what should I tell her if she asks again.