IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Kriya Yoga??

Rate this topic

In case you were wondering what Kriya Yoga is, I can explain to you what I learned. I studied Yogananda's book Autobiography of a Yogi and was interested enough to sign up for the lessons (which cost money, not much, but they still cost money). From what I gathered, Kriya Yoga is a process in which one undergoes various Kriyas, or purification techniques in order to re-establish your relationship with God. It's similar to Krishna Consciousness in the sense that one is trying to get back to God. However, the process seemed very complicated and difficult. For example, one has to sit and meditate on the sound vibration OM. Yogananda described the techniques as the jet engine of yoga, but I believe that in this day and age (Kali yuga), bhakti-yoga is the quickest, most direct route back to God. Yogananda was a very spiritual soul and even mentioned Hare Krishna's in his book. However, he said they were too loud and crazy, dancing all over the place and everything. He said he preferred to sit in silence and try to experience God that way. Anyway, I believe the people in charge of his teachings are somewhat cheaters. First of all, you have to pay money for the lessons. If the lessons were so good, why would one not want to distribute them freely? Second, since the lessons are all copyrighted, one promises not to disclose them to anyone else, not even one's spouse! I'm not trying to put them down at all, just give people an idea of my experience with it. I'm so glad that Kriya Yoga brought me to the highest from of Yoga, devotional service to Lord Sri Krishna! Haribol!!