IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

About Ramadan

Rate this topic

This is the holy month of Ramadan for our Muslim friends.

From what I understand is that they obstain from from smoking, drinking, sex life and such for this month unti sundown.

Now I am wondering something. Dont a lot of people avoid these during the day and do this at night. Isnt the whole point from this is to not do this at all if they are bad during Ramadan.

I mean I dont smoke, I dont drink, I dont have sex(obvious reasons) and ofcourse we all obstain from meat eating. Now I dont break these during anytime of the year. Definatly not after sundown.

So what is it mean for me. I mean I didnt eat anything today till sundown either. So am I a good muslim too?

This observation of not commiting these acts should be followed all the time. Not just until sundown...atleast I think.

Hare KRsna

Guest guest

In Ramadan , The muslims do not eat or drink water until sun down and feast after that. It is a show of devotion to Allah, but today it is more like a tradition. Ramadan is a great way to get together,enjoy and "mingle" with other muslims and talk about Allah, Islam etc.

Islam, just like other religions gives you certain rules to follow. However, after seeing "Hare krishna" movement, I can say with full confidence that this is a far better way to serve Allah than through Islam.

I say this because, in KC movement you don't worship Allah only five times a day, you do it every moment of your life.

In Islam you fast during only the month of Ramadan, but you do it everyday by your statements here. Then, in Islam, you try to give to charity as a sacrifice made for Allah, but in Hare krishnas sacrifice all their life to Allah.

So, yes you are a better Muslim than 90% of the muslims that we see in this world.

Hare Krsna Guestji.

Thank you for your comments, I understand what you mean but i dont consider myself a good anything. Just trying to serve the lord wether you call him allah or krsna with the best of my abilities.

You are right as in HK movment krsna is the centre all the time, not just once in the year to fast or five times a day.

I guess each rule and regulation is given to people according to their natures.

Hare Krsna

Today, I am taking a muslim friend to our Hare Krsna temple in burnaby. Not neccceraly for learning krsna consciousness but who knows, thats up to krsna but he is doing a project on Lord Ram and I thought to take him so he can talk to people and learn more.

I personaly wont get involved with telling him or asking him anything about ramadan as I have posted here but keep it in a nice and friendly level.

Hope it works.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Muslims are very strong in their religion and will not listen to anyone else. If you wish to make him a "Hare krishna", you have to be prepared to lose him too.