IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

#1001 post in Krishna Talk!

Rate this topic

<font color="red"> Nectar of Instruction: </font color>

Translation

<font color="blue"> One's devotional service is spoiled when he becomes too entangled in the following six activities </font color> : (1) eating more than necessary or collecting more funds than required; (2) overendeavoring for mundane things that are very difficult to obtain; (3) talking unnecessarily about mundane subject matters; (4) Practicing the scriptural rules and regulations only for the sake of following them and not for the sake of spiritual advancement, or rejecting the rules and regulations of the scriptures and working independently or whimsically; (5) associating with worldly-minded persons who are not interested in Krsna consciousness; and (6) being greedy for mundane achievements.

http://nectarofinstruction.com/2

Translation

<font color="blue"> There are six principles favorable to the execution of pure devotional service </font color> : (1) being enthusiastic, (2) endeavoring with confidence, (3) being patient, (4) acting according to regulative principles (such as sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam [sB 7.5.23] hearing, chanting and remembering Krsna), (5) abandoning the association of nondevotees, and (6) following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas. These six principles undoubtedly assure the complete success of pure devotional service.

http://nectarofinstruction.com/3

<font color="green"> By His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada </font color>

That is a great book.

I was once telling people about Sai "afro" baba and how he is a fake and ofcourse they woudnt budge but were quite shocked and uninterested at the facts of the fact that he wasnt an avatar mentioned in the Bagavatam.

Ofcourse they told me a verse of the gita, which went something like a sage with equal vision sees a brahmin etc etc etc

Now for a moment I had nothing to say, then I just told them. Yes everyone has a spirit soul right? Including all animals and such right? So you must be vegatarian?

I got no answer ofcourse

I then asked yes if all living biengs have an eternal spirit soul which includes animals such as lions and such right?

answer was yes

My reply yes even a lion has a spirit soul but that doesnt mean you hug him for his nature is to eat you.

THen I took out my Nector 0f Instruction book

Jai Upadesh Amrit

i was listening to a lecture today and the bhakta was saying if when going to a pravachan (lecture) and the person is doing tricks give your respects and just leave.

good advice.

also he says:

a pure devotee dosen't have anything to give except bhakti, so how can he give you gold?

very good advice

haribol!

I have been told that as well.

There was some world renowned psychic here from India(funny I never heard of him) and he told my parents that I should go to see him so he could prove to me that he was for real by predicting my future and showing me some mystic powers but I simply said no.

If he was real about bhakti and wanted to talk about krsna and show me how I can become better at my devotion to krsna then sure otherwise no thank you.

I didnt go ofcourse

the preaching of srila prabhupada is second to none.

and he is an inspiration to all, spreading a 'hindu' religion to the western world, establishing Krishna as God of all, no easy task, truly great, spreading Bhakti is easy for the great souls.

jaya prabhupada!

What Prabhupad has done nobody before him even came close to doing. Nor will they ever.

Now its not a 'hindu' anything,(i noticed that you were just being sarcastic)but its sanatan dharma and highest goal of it is bhakti.

Prabhupad said, there is a brahman in every corner