IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

a funny tidbit

Rate this topic

I was watching this Episode of the tv show "The Family Guy"

A cartoon that is quite funny.

It has an Idiot Dad, a talking baby that tries to kill his mother, a talking and most intelligent member of the family which happens to be a dog, a son with low self asteem and a daughter who is self conscious.

Now what was funny was that in last nights episode(a rerun) the idiot dad was talking to his wifes father who said he was glad he married his daugther.

To which the idiot dad replied "oh thank you Jesus"

The next scene is Jesus in the sky saying "wait I didnt do anything"

All of a sudden a blue, fourarmed God appears and says "dont worry, its ok. It happens all the time"

I thought it was a funny way to dipict Visnu.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

What are they trying to say in the cartoon as a joke. Vishnu is God and answering Jesus's surprise???? or they are saying that more than one God exist and hence confusion prevails like this????? Anyways the joke was nice to read

Bigger things have happened.

Have any of you seen that 'South Park' episode where those three silly kids team up with Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, Lao-Tzu and Moses, in order to defeat the evil DAVID BLAINE?

Now that was one hilarious thing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

Are they atleast giving any good message at the end to the kids which does not remove any beleif in God at the end of episode or they just make fun of God.

Guest guest

I was watching this Episode of the tv show "The Family Guy"

A cartoon that is quite funny.

It has an Idiot Dad, a talking baby that tries to kill his mother, a talking and most intelligent member of the family which happens to be a dog, a son with low self asteem and a daughter who is self conscious.

Now what was funny was that in last nights episode(a rerun) the idiot dad was talking to his wifes father who said he was glad he married his daugther.

To which the idiot dad replied "oh thank you Jesus"

The next scene is Jesus in the sky saying "wait I didnt do anything"

All of a sudden a blue, fourarmed God appears and says "dont worry, its ok. It happens all the time"

I thought it was a funny way to dipict Visnu.

I think that initiated devotees should probably avoid watching TV. I doubt if Srila Prabhupada would have approved of it.

I don't know about any "good message" as the cartoon itself is a bit of an adult comedy. However I did not perceive anything that could be taken as offensive, lest we can be assured that there would have been a national outcry.

It was quite funny ti watch, though. The only "offensive" thing I could see was that Jesus did not have enough power to defeat David Blaine, this is why he needed the help of the other gods.