IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question on Paramatma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(Sorry paramatma /images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

But according to the verse below, He says that He is in everything and everything goes according to His wish. The atma forgets about Him but still acts by his approval only, or the act will not be done. If that is so, then what about people in general, are they suffering because he sanctions actions that let them suffer? But isn't suffering made by their karma? This is all confusing. First there is karma that is gotten through one's actions and then the actions are not really his but His? I don't get it...

"sarvasya cāhaṃ hṛdi sanniviṣṭo

mattaḥ smṛtir jñānam apohanaṃ ca

vedaiś ca sarvair aham eva vedyo

vedānta-kṛd veda-vid eva cāham"

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedānta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Purport : The Supreme Lord is situated as Paramātmā in everyone's heart, and it is from Him that all activities are initiated. The living entity forgets everything of his past life, but he has to act according to the direction of the Supreme Lord, who is witness to all his work. Therefore he begins his work according to his past deeds. Required knowledge is supplied to him, and remembrance is given to him, and he forgets, also, about his past life...

Guest guest

But according to the verse below, He says that He is in everything and everything goes according to His wish. The atma forgets about Him but still acts by his approval only, or the act will not be done. If that is so, then what about people in general, are they suffering because he sanctions actions that let them suffer? But isn't suffering made by their karma? This is all confusing. First there is karma that is gotten through one's actions and then the actions are not really his but His? I don't get it...

Do not forget the living entities position also. The soul gets desires, and the Paramatma simply guides the soul according to this desire.

In fact the soul only desires, then sees the action and reaction of those desires through the agency of the body (mind, senses, etc...) The karma is accumulated due to the desires coming from the experiences the soul has. That's why it is considered a circle.

suffering comes from identifying with the body not from karma. karma is really nothing because it is temporary and the soul is eternal.

In short, it is our desires that get us through this circle of karmic reactions driven by the Supersoul.