IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

My Karmic spool is unwinding or running its course ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I mean

if I've been trying to serve and surrender to the Lord

in this life ,

is He minimizing my negative karmic reactions

or

He giving me what I deserve ?

I just feel that my karma fan is still plugged in after all my so-called devotional service to Guru and Gouranga!

You have more then one fan that needs to be unplugged.

The more you serve, the more cords you are pulling.

Just remember that what you are getting is a lot less if you werent serving, as the fan has the plugged pull the blade still spins but is loosing momentum.

is running its due course as Theory of Karma is very rigid and there are no escape routes there. But, presently, due to some good merits (punya) done by you in your earlier birth (not necessarily the preceding), you have developed devotion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus, now it is His responsibility to see to it that you do not indulge in unnecessary Karma. However, as usual, while running your karmic spool, it is still up to you, how to use the free will that is available to you. The latter part will decide your next birth.

Guest guest

Despite thousands of personal defects,a devotee can never check his desire for service and surrender at the lotus feet of the Lord .Yes,let me pull out all the plugs and keep serving,regardless of my "karma"

upalabdha-sva-dosa-sahasrasyapi tac carana-paricarya-lobho 'py avaryamanah -

amaryadah ksudras calamatir asaya-prasavabhuh

krtaghno durmani smara-paravaso vancana-parah

nrsamsah papisthah katham aham ito duhkha-jaladher

aparad uttirnas tava paricareyam caranayoh

Sri Yamumcaryasya

Despite thousands of personal defects,

a devotee can never check his desire for the Lord's service -

"Uncultured, mean, fickle-minded,

envious, ungrateful, proud, subservient to lust,

deceitful, hard-hearted,

and sinful am I.

O Lord,

how will I ever be able to cross

this insurmountable ocean of misery

and attain to the service

of Your lotus feet?"

Sri Yamunacarya

Guest guest

Yes, my free will to choose to surrender that so-called freedom to Him and thereby "my" karma is no longer mine.

Everything becomes His : my body, my mind, my karma,etc...

Guest guest

Whatever devotional service we do to Lord, finally we should say Sarvam Shree Krisshnarpanamasthu. The reason is, by doing good deeds one accumulates punya and this will increase the chance of that soul being born again in a much affiliated family and then the chances of going astray due to wealth is always there. SO by saying Krishnarpanamasthu, we are dedicating all the Punya to Lord Krishna and hence with good deeds dedicated to Lord, He will accept the soul and one can escape from reincarnation.

Your Karma is totally yours! It cannot be obiterated at all. It is due to your Karma, someone somewhere was affected either in a good or bad way. If surrender to Him, could obliterate all the Karma, then the famous and bona fide saints would never have suffered poverty, hunger, insults, humiliation, diseases. But they do, as ample records are available. Not that, all these earthly problmes (and bodily) problems deter them from immersing in Him. But that is besides the point. Karma must be paid for. I have read, that your spiritual master, does help you in the tough periods when you have bad Karma going on. Your spiritual master, helps you to get some help and offers you mental peace, so that you do not fall from the spiritual path. But your Karma is yours.