IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

is this blasphamy?

Rate this topic

Now the thread about dev anand was interesting. Its basically history now but I have another question.

I have seen the movie "Yehi he zindagi"(this is life) a hindi movie where they had krsna there and i thought it was a great movie. How krsna helps this guy out even though he tries to cheat krsna(from what I remember)

Now there was this other movie I think it was called "Masala" and I thought it was a horrible movie. THey had some fat indian guy play Krsna and the story was bad, the plot was bad, everything was bad. They even had them dress like devotees and have a Rathayatra type festival where everything goes wrong, to the deities falling etc etc etc. I basically think they were making fun of us because they were chanting hare krsna hare rama etc etc etc. It just plain looked horrible.

There was a sex scene in the movie, and for an indian movie it was preety heavy sex scene.

So if people have complaints about a great show Xena where Krsna is depicted properly how come nobody had problem with this.

I thought the movie was disgusting as when krsna went to help this punjabi fellow, the fellow just said something to the sort of "you are not my god, I dont need help from you, I have my own god" To which krsna just gets mad and says "pfft" and leaves.

What is up with that?

What are your opinions on that?

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

i think that the two indian films are absolutely and uselessly offensive and the xena episode is not so bad, not excessively speculated and, in some way, a very good propaganda for krsna consciousness

which two films though?

The dev Anand film and masala or Yehi he zindagi?

Anyways, Masala was a horrible movie. It didnt have anything remotly entertaining.

I am almost a hundred percent sure they were trying to put the devotees down.

Guest guest

I never saw these movies. In fact, I don't usually watch movies. I personally advise bhAgavatas to stay away from all movies, except for those made by Vaishnavas for Vaishnavas.

Actually, even these in the latter category I would watch out for. I saw one movie about MadhvAcArya that was marketed by ITV and claimed it was an authentic retelling. In fact, it was so horribly inaccurate and riddled with mistakes that I was ashamed to know any mAdhvas had some hand in its production.

Raghu

Guest guest

india is infested with asuric anti vedic forces.

muslims dominate the movie industry.

the majority hindus need to wake up and fix this problem.

hinduism by its own nature is secular in true sense.

therefore india does not need a western style secular gov..

india needs a hindu gov.,

and people following hinduims correctly.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

What do u mean by any madhvas had any hand in it????

I am a Madhva follower!!!!

If by any chance it was produced and directed by madhva follower, it will be correct. Anyways I havent seen that movie marketed by ITV.

Let me know what was in it!!!!