IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

Prabhupad on some of these "sadhus"

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna everyone.

ANother post by moi and i hope you enjoy it.

I was once told by a disciple of Prabhupad how Prabhupad told them not to go to the classes of sadhus and yogis who come to North America and India.

He said that he wasnt sure what Prabhupad ment until two of his(the person i am talking to)god brothers told them about a story a few months later.

They attended a bagavat class in india and the class was great. The person who was giving the class was very articulate and not only that he was so in love with the bhagavat that he cried during his class.

So after the class they decided they would approach the person who was giving class and get some instruction from him. They followed him backstage and what they found out was that the reason he had tears in eyes and such was because he had put mircha(indian spice, kindaa like chilly) into his nose so the class could have more affect.

They realised what Prabhupad meant.

Jai PRabhupad.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Yeah sometimes I spontaneously cry during the kirtans at the temple and one devotee chastised me for it. Saying I'm not supposed to show any ecstatic symtoms because I was just a neophyte. They are truly geniune tears, but maybe I should't express my emotions in public...oh well...

Well, i think the reason that devotee might chastise you is because you might be genuine but others might immitate.

There was an instance once with prabhupad that while singing jai radha madava, he went into a trance. He returned and told everyone to just chant hare krsna. He didnt want people to immitate. We dont want to become some immitation group.

Just remember that krsna knows if your tears are genuine or not. Thats all that matters.

Hare Krsna

Haridham

Guest guest

Actually, thinking back...I thought they were genuine, because the temple atmosphere and deities were so beautiful. But now, I can't even follow the 4 reg. princples, so I think I'll just try to follow the basics.

Krsna gave you the taste and you need to get back to krsna.

Following the four regs will improve your consciousness. If something is genuine it will return or it wasnt genuine to begin with.

Guest guest

"Well, i think the reason that devotee might chastise you is because you might be genuine but others might immitate"

he was simply offensive, the boy was sincere

did you see this happen or something. If he was being offensive then you should talk to him about that.

I mean there were times when i saw devotees chastise someone and because a lot of people have huge false ego they get offended.

I saw a devotee tell someone something and he told others how this devotee was offensive and defaming him. I saw the whole thing and i saw things differently.

hare Krnsa

haridham