IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

About Xena

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna

I dont know if any of you remember or saw the episode of Xena where Krsna was there.

I thought that was such a cool episode and whoever did that episode had it quite accurate.

However from what I remember there was some sort of uproar from the indian community. What was up with that.

Let me know what you guys think

Hare Krsna

Haridham

Guest guest

What upsets me personally is that people calling themselves "Krishna devotees" actually watch things like this on television. And yet they don't have time to chant 16 rounds, read their guru's books, etc.

Although I understand why devotees like Tusta Krishna objected to fictionalizing Krishna, and although I've had great respect for Tusta since 1970, I think there are a couple of things to note about that episode. The first is that it's called "The Way." That sounds pretty heavy. More important, though, is that Xena, who never submitted to any man or god, stopped for Krishna, fell to her knees, offered Him pranams, and followed His instructions to remember Him and call on His name when she fought the demon. So although it may seem presumptuous to have her receive instructions from Krishna as Arjuna did at Kurukshetra (she also invented Christmas and was at the core of countless traditions around the workd, as it turns out /images/graemlins/wink.gif), I think it was kind of a cool idea.

Guest guest

What upsets me personally is that people calling themselves "Krishna devotees" actually watch things like this on television. And yet they don't have time to chant 16 rounds, read their guru's books, etc.

It is easy to criticize others but it is extremely more difficult to be introspective and work on our own purification. Believe me, I have the same problem myself.

We must give up the tendency to criticize those on the path of God consciousness, thinking ourselves to be lower than the straw in the street. Only then will we be able to chant the holy name of the Lord without offense.

What to speak of 16 rounds, we can chant zillions of rounds for many lifetimes, but if we do not give up the tendency to criticize those on the path of Krishna consciousness, we will never achieve the supreme goal of becoming an unalloyed devotee of the Lord.

Even a Vaishnava guru whose service it is to criticize his disciples, does so reluctantly, and only because it is his service. That is the heart of a Vaishnava.

Let us all advance in Krishna consciousness by becoming humble and calling upon the mercy of the holy name of the Lord.

Your servant, Forrest