IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A Tribute To George

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is a film out right now (limited release) that is a documentary of a concert that was put on behalf for the passing of George Harrison. Its really very good. All of George's music friends came out in England and played alot of his music. Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Paul & Ringo, and many more. The only bad part was a short segment done by the Monty Python crew. It just wasn't funny, was off color a bit, and seemed inappropriate for the occasion. The film opens with "Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings, nor in the future will any of us cease to be - Sri Krishna, The Bhagavad Gita". There was also a picture of George wearing tulsi beads, and there was an indian group with Ravi Shankar, and they sang a song composed by Ravi Shankar "Jai Raj Hari son" (meant to sound like George Harrison). There were several moments when they chanted "Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama HAre Hare". Once it was chanted several times on its own. Then it was also part of the My Sweet Lord song. The film is very good, lots of good music, and all profits go to George's Material World Foundation. Also, his son was there throughout and he looks exactly like his father. I mean EXACTLY.

I could not attend festivities at Strawberry Fields but I'm sure it would've been fun for the whole family.

John would've been 62.

On Early (Pre-Ed Sullivan) Beatle recordings such as "Anna" it sounds to me George is sometimes lead singing though only 17-18 yrs old.