IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

I feel like doing more

Rate this topic

Hare krsna everyone.

Well, its 1:33am pacific time and I am having trouble falling asleep as usual because of the issues i am facing. Anyways, I should fall asleep soon but since i am awake i felt like writing this.

Like the subject says I feel like doing more.

There is so much Srila Prabhupads Hare krsna movement can do for todays world. I wish I could do more to help. I am only one person though and I dont have the intelligence or ability to do more.

I mean many people, come to our temple only once in a while, dont chant and a lot of these people are youths. I feel if they only can experiance what I can. They come in dressed all flashy and "cool" but if you were to ask them something they have no clue. They are to busy being cool.

I wish I could do more.

I mean they rarely come to the temple and the one time they do, they dont listen to class, take any of the books, dont associate with the devotees and just eat prasadam. Ofcourse Prasadm is a great way into krsna consciousness.

Some come at janmastami feeling like they are doing krsna a favor. I saw a young man who came a few times and I said hare krsna my name is Haridham, I see you here from time to time, whats your name. How come you dont come more often. The only response is something like, "ha, I dont want to be like you guys, I am not fantatic, this is all b.s"

The reson I am writing this because on my way from home, I met this guy who sometimes comes to the temple. He saw me and aknowledged me and seeing my beads he said "whats that? I said "These are my medidation beads, I am a hare krsna" He was like "oh ok, I am a shiva worshiper, I even fast every monday and refrain from eating meat on mondays"

He was drunk which was interesting but i wish i could do more.

I have been told that even some of these girls that come to the temple acting all shy and stuff are usually bumping and grinding at clubs with guys they never met.

I wish I could do more.

I dont know what else I can say or where this is going but before it goes somewhere I dont know. I will end it.

I guess whatever their karma and destiny is thats what will happen.

I wish I could do more.

Harekrsna

Haridham

Hare Krishna

" wish i could do more "

Ask Guru what to do, i'm sure you said you have a Guru, if you can't contact him personally then write him a letter, phone him, e-mail him !! He can help you for sure. Do it now!!!