IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

Thanks for the help, please read on

Rate this topic

Hare krsna everyone.

Thank you all and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Gaurasundar,Ghari,Myra, thiest, Priita and the others.

To Gaurasundars question if I love my wife

Well if I didnt love my wife, I would have divorced her already. I am dedicated to my wife, she is my first priority. After I get married my first duty is to my wife not my parents. I have taken my vows and I am strong enough to follow through with them.

Ghari

She is from madagascar but we met in Mumbai, last november. We got married last march in Mumbai.

Now everyone, that helped me so much. Ofcourse I will chant for my princess, this will show her how good Krsna Consciouss husbands can be.

Now I am a canadian citizen, the reason i cant find a job is that because i dont have much skills and not only that I had a dream of once being a pro wrestler. I was good at it too so i didnt have a backup. Also I was planning on becoming a bramacari. Three years ago though I started to work at a movie theatre and see if i could save some money. After I got married I asked my manager if he could give me a raise and she said sure. But my father said you should quit the theatre job and help him in the bussiness. I said sure(since i thought it be a good son thing to do)and he said he would always help me. All of a sudden this divorce issue comes up and he tells me you have to do everything yourself, I wont help you.

I have so much frustration inside me because of the betrayel I felt.

But Here we now.

I am trying to find a job and its difficult. I am not sure if i want to get the temple involved. I have grown up there but its hard for me to ask them for help. I have told a few of my close personal friends who are there for me emotionaly and my God brother has emailed guru Maharaj.

I never listen to those rumors, mere speculation can ruin lives as i have experianced.

She told me a story just a couple of days ago of one of her friends who was also from madagascar got married to a guy from london and again people spread rumors about her. They told her husband and his family that she is pregnant with someone elses baby. Her husband ofcourse believed that and threw her out of the house. His family didnt want all the rumors to affect their "family name". So now she is in Madagascar really traumatized and thinks that her husband will call her any day now. Its been over a year.

I told my wife that there is a difference between him and I. The difference is that guy married her because of sex desire, there was no love involved, they dont know what the purpose of marriage is. It is better off that she is without him. He wasnt a good man so what to speak of being a good husband.

I told her i am by yourside, its only me, you and krsna.

THere is much more to this story ofcourse. I will tell you the story of how we ended up falling in love.

If anyone wants to comment on this or want me to post the story up let me know.

Hare krsna.

Haridham

You got married, then came to Canada alone or were you a Canadian visiting Mumbai?

Jobs are at unemployment office computers.

Seems immigration now want a minimum of a $30,000 income to support bringing in even a spouse. Do you know what you need?

Well I have been a canadian citizen since 1993, been in canada since 1990. I was born in fiji but anyways...

I was a canadian citizen and then went to bombay to get married. I have heard the same of 30,000 dollars.

I am doing not so bad but sometimes when I realise that my own father betrayed me it hurts. I feel like crying sometimes when i dwell to much on it.

I have a few plans on how to get a job, krsna will provide me with something. I just have to keep endevouring. I am also talking to a immigration cunsultant so he will help me.

Krsna is testing me.

If krsna brings you to it, Krsna will bring you through it.

All glories to Srila Gopal Krishna Maharaja! He's like Canadian, eh.

This is the third plea for you to go to the unemployment office. They always have lots of entry-level job opportunities, most often for short-term labour contracts. Other resources that include jobs, how to look for them, what job you fit, etc.:

http://www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/menu/jobs.shtml

http://www.jobsetc.ca/

You can get experience by picking up short-term labour jobs where they're not as fussy about requiring previous experience. This gives you credibility. It will show that you can hold a job; that you always show up, on time, every day. It shows that those muscles are real not just pretty. It shows that you want to work and not just play on the internet at your Daddy's business. BTW, on time means fifteen minutes early, never ever late, whether snow or cosmic upheaval, and every day means through snow, depression, whatever. always there to be counted on.

The chances for thirty grand are slim. It may take two jobs. You need to get all the information you need from immigration about what is required to bring the princess back. No need in striving for fictitious goals. Find out EXACTLY what they need, no matter how depressing that may seem.

These answers would help me and also help you define your skills and where they can best be applied for profit:

Are you in shape or has the wrestler put on a gut and gone to flab?

Do you speak as well as you write? Do people understand you and you them?

Can you use tools, like a screw driver, hammer, drill?

What do you do for your Dad and is he paying you properly (decent wage, through government with UIC benefits, etc. or is it just in return for food and shelter)?

How old are you and how long since you've been out of school?

Can you count change for money as in a retail store? Without screwing up? This you can practice in any case, since it is also a good skill to be not cheated by tricksters or spaced-out sales clerks.

Do you have a Social Insurance Card (Number)? Can't work without one.

Why did you quit school? What attempt did you make to see your wrestling dream come true? What made you think it could? Why didn't it? If you never really tried, then perhaps it is best not to tell employers.

The questions the job interviewers may ask are why did you quit your theatre job and why do you want to leave the job with your father. (BTW: you should use the company name if you can)

You need to know your strengths. List them on a piece of paper. Be scientific. Where can a guy like this best be used? And be objective. Keep it all in writing, a day-to-day journal, then the problem will not seem so unsurmountable; paragraph by paragraph. At the end of every day ponder what you could have done better, and what you did right. Then your interviews get better and better as you correct the mistakes and reinforce your successes. Did you make the best use of your time today; in as many interviews as possible, exploring as many opportunities as possible? How many hours in doing and how many hours in depression, dreaming, family babble? Are you getting better at this job hunting thing daily? Feedback and control. Manage Haridham's time and resources effectively.

When you interview for manual jobs you can then confidently say "I am an athlete; strong with endurance. I am punctual and never get sick. I work hard and that keeps me fit. I am a quick learner and get along with everyone. I get the job done and done well. I don't waste time gabbing all day because I pride myself on my accomplishments, my productivity".

"Wow, you're the man we're looking for. You'll be President in a few years for sure".

While most people can't relate to being a pro wrestler, as the father of a pro skateboarder I can have some sympathy for your dreams. But we are here now. Some jobs ex-wrestler types do are bouncers at a bar (pretty dangerous stuff) and construction where strength is required.

It would be good if you now read <a href=http://home.primus.ca/~caitanya/Siddhartha.zip> Siddhartha</A>. You should download and read this book which can be read in a few hours. Siddhartha too was a devotee, son of a Brahmana and when he went looking for work he realized that the only three skills he had were that "He could think. He could wait. And he could fast.". However, he used those few skills to not only get a job but to also become good at it. The book is not only entertaining and uplifting but it will teach you that you have skills, and that you can use them to maintain your family in this life. It will also bring you closer to Krsna, Govinda, Vasudeva and help with your Dad too, so it is a gold mine of all good for Haridham at this point in time. The book will make you strong, determined and successful. The sooner you read it the better, to break out of this brain cloud.

Out of the brain cloud: people do things for money. The employer is in business to make money, to buy his kid's shoes and food. You are there to help him do that. If he makes shoes then you help make as many quality shoes as possible. When the employer knows that you know what the game is about, then you will stay. And we all need shoes, right. Krsna knows we need shoes. Help Krsna make shoes.

My best wishes for your success, my young friend.

gHari

Hare krsna Prabhu.

Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice and sweet letter.

I will tell you more later but right now I am in school getting my life together and I know i will find a job.

I am going to a warehouse tomorrow to apply.

I will also take in your other considirations

Thank you, Hare krsna.

This may be the one that is available at the unemployment office. You will see a section for students as well as full-time. I didn't know what part of Van you're in, but I'm sure you'll figure out the search:

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro_en.asp

Some jobs with little requirements include: general labourer, labour manufacturing, security guard.

I would also recommend going to places where many Indian-Canucks go and just asking around about jobs. I'm sure they would like to have someone who knew their home culture.

Dear Haridham...

I guess gHari has already given you nice instructions for your employment problem. I wish I could also add but I am not familiar with the job market there in Canada.

I pray that the Spirit of the Lord will guide you and will help you realize your wish to have the job and be united with your "princess".

"If God is with us, who can be against us?" Victory is what we get if we trust the Lord and rely on Him.

Hare Krishna! Jai Sri Jesus!

Myra

Guest guest

the Canadian equivalent of what is called a community college here in states. They are only two years and cost next to nothing to attend down here. Plus they are very practical as they teach specific occupations or trades, (as well as the first two years of college courses) so you are just about quaranteed a job when you are done. College and university degrees sound better, but take minimum of four years and are so general (to give you a well balanced education) that you are not usually trained in a specific area that guarantees you a job. Down here there are even student loans you are quaranteed to get once you are enrolled, to help you pay living expenses.