IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sister_in_christ

Christ in the Vedas

Rate this topic

god i hated pep rallies.....

it was a friday, and we were going out of town on friday afternoon. my dad was like we will wait till you get out of school and them we will leave. i was like " daddy, its ok, we have a pep rally that day, so ill just skip the entire 8th period, i will not miss anything." daddy was like "ok".

the following monday, iwas was called out of class and was reported to the principals office.

the entire time i ws shaking my head. i told him, if you dont trust me, call my dad right now! he will tell you the same thing we went out of town that is why i skipped. i never in four years of high school ever -ever skipped. all the other kids skipped all the time, i never saw them going to the office. uhg, i hated high school...

I hated high school in America but really enjoyed it in Italy. Funny I can only remember the pep rallies in Italy but not my American high school.

We would stomp our feet really loud and chant "Andiamo Andiamo Let's Go" over and over. How much nicer it would have been to chant the maha mantra instead of that useless mundance nothingness!

I would go back to high school again if it was Hare Krsna High!!

Guest guest

Hellow dr brother\Co-Indian whoever you are

Look,if we worship the idols who can't talk,who can't hear,who can't respond to our prayers,why should we respect them(i mean idols)& our rituals.Hellow ,I am a Hindu who is talking here.We say as Hindus,everywhere(sarvavyapi) God lives & bow down to that same idols.

Is there any meaning of what we say & what we do?

M

Guest guest

Hellow dear

You quote

"I like to challenge them on the animal slaughter issue. I try to share what I have learned about how we are spiritsoul and not the body etc. Until they learn that nothing philosophical is going to make any sense to them. I mean without understanding reincarnation how can one have a developed philosophy?

God's personal

We are not the body

Stop killing animals"

Ok fine. killing animals is sin according to you because they are living beings.But our own scientist(Mr.Bose) have proved even plants have life in them.

Now can I ask you dear, eating any vegetarian food means you have killed the life of all vegetation.Don't pluck Tamotoes from its tree.You are guilty of killing the life of Tomatoes,for that matter any vegetation on this earth.(I mean vegetation which has life). You are guilty of killing all the vegetation all these days.You a killer of vegetation!Even God cannot save you now.

Now if you want to follow the above rule,I can take it guaranteed I can see your dead body in few days.

Before blaming others look what you are doing.

Search the truth which will give you everlasting life.

For that matter, even Lord Krshna played a major role in killing all Kouvravas.Why should we worshi a Killer?

K

Guest guest

Hari BOL,

Do you believe in Gita , if yes , how many times have you read it . If no , you are unfortunate and can not understand these things . May god give you intelligence in this life itself.

Hari bol

Guest guest

Dear Mr. K,

You didn't understand the philosophy. One should eat only the food offered to GOD.

We can not offer Chicken or Meat products to GOD ( why , because it is instructed in GITA , where he says I accept leaf , flower or vegi product and which is offered with love and devotion ) .

Regarding killing , we kill so many thing every second .When you breathe so many of germs get killed . So my dear guest do all the work for krishna , even breathe for him or live for him, then you will not get the reaction of your sins which you are doing by breathing also.

Hari Bol

"I hated high school in America but really enjoyed it in Italy. Funny I can only remember the pep rallies in Italy but not my American high school.

We would stomp our feet really loud and chant "Andiamo Andiamo Let's Go" over and over"

hey prabhu, in wich italy you have been? i have not done such things in my life!!

accented on the second "a" .. 140 bpm.. :

"Andiam, Andiam, Andiam in SamKirtan!!!"

Guest guest

Dear M,

Hinduism is not the same as Krishna consciousness. I can only, or mostly, speak from the point of view of Krishna consciousness.

"Hellow dr brother\Co-Indian whoever you are

Look,if we worship the idols<

There is a difference between an idol and a Deity.

" who can't talk,who can't hear,"

An idol can't hear, whereas the Deity of the Supreme One God/Krishna, most certainly can. Only due to material vision do we not see/hear/etc the Deities interactions.

"who can't respond to our prayers,"

Many devotees of Krishna/God have definitely had the Deity (not idol) respond to their prayers.

"why should we respect them(i mean idols)& our rituals.Hellow ,I am a Hindu who is talking here."

If you are a Hindu and sincerely asking, then consider looking into Krishna consciousness. But if you have all ready made up your mind, why waste anyones time, includuing your own.

"We say as Hindus,everywhere(sarvavyapi) God lives & bow down to that same idols.

Is there any meaning of what we say & what we do?"

This questions/comment is not fully clear to me, so maybe this one is something a Hindu may need to answre for you.

Your Servant,

Priitaa devi dasi