IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krishna has given up on me .....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when it clearly says in Gita all paths are His....;)

By the above logic, even Charvaka's philosophy must be a valid path.

Sheesh. Why don't some individuals make an attempt to understand the Gita instead of pulling out one or two slokas out of context to use as slogans?

Guest guest

Swami,

I saw the following quotes:

atha puruSho ha vai naaraayaNo 'kaamayata prajaa sR^ijeyeti |

naaraayaNaat praaNo jaayate manaH sarvendriyaaNi cha kha.m vaayur jyotir aapaH pR^ithivii vishvasya dhaariNii |

naaraayaNaad brahmaa jaayate |

naaraayaNaad rudro jaayate |

naaraayaNaad indro jaayate |

naaraayaNat prajaapatiH prajaayate |

naaraayaNaad dvadashaadityaa rudraa vasavaH sarvaaNi chandaa.msi naaraayaNaad eva samutpadyante naaraayaNat pravartante naaraayaNe praliiyante |

I have the MP3. Could you please give me a PDF file with English translations and meanings? Many thanks.

Guest guest

hiya everyone look i am a law student and recently i have been given a semester problem in indian history that might interest you...i guess everyone knows that the mauryan king ashoka converted to buddhism after the kalinga war supposedly out of remorse of the death and destructio0n that war brought about...now during the course of the history lectures in our university we'be been shown that the actual reason for his conversion was the fact that the budhist monastried were located at strategic trading points and the traders who were gaining importance during the ashokan period were patrons of buddhism as the trader class was never given much importance in ancient vedic culture..so ashoka had a lot to gain from buddhism

nopw our problem is as follows...we are to imagine a hypothetincal situation where ashoka converts to shaivism instead of budhism..we are to propose the kind of socio-economic impact that would have on the mauryan time space

ir would we really helpful if i could get a background to who the shaivites were and in which regions of the indian subcontinent were they most prominent....

i'll really appreciate it if someone helps me out with this