IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Opinion of a Jew

Rate this topic

i am kinda interested in Judaism now, u gave some nice descriptions of your religion and hopefully u can see past my former ignorance....i am starting to understand the way Judaism believes in loving God, i think u all have this jewish dude all wrong here, he was describing the Jewish way of loving God, through His commandments, "loving others is obeying God therefore loving God," in devotional hinduism (as it is on this forum) we place the same regard in our traditions but with alot of emphasis on our Deity Worship as a prime duty of dharma.....

shiva was truthful when he said in one of his posts:

"dharma or God's commandments are to Love Him and Humanity"

so what our doctrine says is u cannot have one without the other, and God Love sanctifies all actions automatically. not everyone who does good loves God u know......We dont believe people are actually "loving God" without worshiping Him as prime aspect of daily life, then we can go out with clean heart and help humanity in His name, that will show we truelly love God. without loving Him first, goodness is impartial and only builds up sattvic karma "good karma," which is not bad, but not eternal either.....

we believe in the heavenly planets where the good souls go who've lived a good life here on earth.....most religions follow a path set up by an ancient god from these planets, that does not mean they are the Eternal Vishnu or Shiva (i'm respecting both deities here cuz i currently worship the latter)....

In worshiping the Eternal One we can happily not worry about the endless struggle to uphold "righteousness" because we already are sancified by Sattva (pure goodness) by coming to the Lord first. Then and only then can we go out with joy and help the world, without worrying about the endless struggle for aquiring more good karma.....our karma is sancified and therefore no longer exists, only eternal service for the Lord exists.

Our concept of the "soul" is to serve God first. because our very essence of the soul is divine servant of the Lord. By serving God we are serving the whole material and spiritual cosmos.....Vaikuntha and Mount Kailash shall be our homes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

in this prayer if u listen carefully this is why we want worship most of all to perfect our goodness!:

Namah Shiva Andranatha Chandranatha: great lord Shiva who has the splender of the moon and stars! rescue us from continual karma and rebirth, good and bad both are consuming our struggle for perfection!!! Through my worship of Your Spirit may You Take out the reactions of karma so that our goodness will be perfected forever, O Lord i come only unto You at this very moment and worship You only!

True Goodness or ParaSattva can only be acheived through Worship and Adoring the Supreme, who alone can sancify all actions, and remove all reactions of death,rebirth,karma....

i look forward to hearing from u again u r very enlightening.....

so u see Worship of God lets Him know that we Love Him and then He will gladly sanctify our goodness so that when we go out into the world, and help the needy, suffering, etc...we dont have to worry about the reactions of that work, only that we know God is protecting our souls from any negativity!

Remember u (our jewish brother) do not believe in reincarnation and karma but we do, so theres where we're different concerning cosmology, but many concepts are the same. in the Torah the first commandment i believe it says to worship and honor the lord above all else correct? u see that is also what we believe, and then the other commandments are sanctified because of the FIRST ONE AND MOST IMPORTANT ONE.....

U even said yourself that even if someone does a good deed they may not really mean it or do it for God's will and thus it will not be completely good. Remember how u kept talking of God's Will? So we believe the same, its like two different boats in the same ocean, only appearing different even though both are made out of same materials, its just like our religions, both appear different yet they are connected and made from the same source for different types of cultures....:)

let me speak on the negative actions though! No religious practice no matter what it may be, is protected from evil once they go back! the Supreme will banish the protection of karmic reactions once we fall back into what u would call sin, we call tamasic karma "the evil deeds".....

till next time be blessed......

Guest guest

I find it difficult to love people who want to exterminate my own. And I have a tendency to believe that all those who pretend to love their enemies are lying to themselves because they want to be PURE.

And they want to be PURE because they have been taught that that is what God wants, and that they will be punished if they don't follow this rule.

The only reason why they believe they LOVE their enemies is FEAR of punishment.

I don't believe God would be so abusive such as to request that his children repress their real feelings just to please Him.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

I find it difficult to love people who want to exterminate my own. And I have a tendency to believe that all those who pretend to love their enemies are lying to themselves because they want to be PURE.

And they want to be PURE because they have been taught that that is what God wants, and that they will be punished if they don't follow this rule.

The only reason why they believe they LOVE their enemies is FEAR of punishment.

I don't believe God would be so abusive such as to request that his children repress their real feelings just to please Him.

Nobody is talking about repression here. No wonder we humans are so weak in our mind.

But in Bhagavad Gita GOD says to Arjuna that no matter what you wish to do, you will act according to your own nature. HE(GOD) also says that a wise man is unattached to likes and dislikes. He neither hates (shuns) sufferings when it comes to him nor is overwhelmed by pleasures when pleasures come to him. The wise man has an unperturbed mind in both cases. He(the wise man) endures all dualities ie pain and pleasure, hot and cold etc. with equanimity of mind.

GOD would not have told this if it were not possible. On the other hand this is not an order of GOD not to act against adharma(Unrighteous behavior). It is our human responsibility to act against such adharma in a detached manner. We should not become prejudiced. Our mind is our own worst enemy. A perturbed mind is the seed of all evil. That is why you find terrorists. Do you want to become like those terrorists. In Kashmir we have the same problem. I know this is very difficult when somebody you know is killed. Well I can't even imagine this.

The point is detached righteous actions with complete dedication to GOD(Bhagavan) and offering all these actions to GOD as sacrifice. This is the central concept of Bhagavad GITA. I suppose this may work for JEWS as well when they follow Judaism.